Any idea what might be wrong with these leaves?

• Thread starter RealWreck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RealWreck

RealWreck

Hello fellow Farmers,

Basic grow rundown:
rDWC - 3 buckets + 5gal res
Botanicare PBP standard feeding
CalMag standard dosing
Armor Si for my Silicone
RODI water
pH up as needed
Great White root care

Tent grow - Dimensions about 2 x 5 x 5ish ( I will add pictures)
Light - Spectra PAR600 600w Full spectrum
PPM ranges from 700 to 1100
pH ranges from 5.5 to 6.5 (usually an average)
*There have been a few periods where the water dropped in pH to about 5. I corrected that within a day or so.
Air temperature is usually about 72-78. Summer right now so heat is a problem with no chiller.
Water temperature is about 73-75. * I know it is too high

So as mentioned above the two "issues" I have been dealing with are trying to cool down my res with frozen water bottles and airing out the tent as much as possible during the day time.

Questions:
Are the fan leaves the correct color from what you can tell?
What are those little holes and chunks taken out of the leaves. I've checked for pests and have found none at all.
Some of the tips of the leaves are a bit yellow. Could this be do to heat or pH swings?
The leaves will feel somewhat brittle sometimes. Other than the heat I'm not sure what else it could be.

I'm open to any suggestions or modifications. Obviously I will be doing things a bit differently next time. I haven't grown in years so I need to get my thumb back.
Attached are the pics:

*Strains are 2 x mimosa 1 x rainbow punch (closest to the front)

Thanks for any advice.

Any idea what might be wrong with these leaves
Any idea what might be wrong with these leaves 2
Any idea what might be wrong with these leaves 3
Any idea what might be wrong with these leaves 4
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello fellow Farmers,

Basic grow rundown:
rDWC - 3 buckets + 5gal res
Botanicare PBP standard feeding
CalMag standard dosing
Armor Si for my Silicone
RODI water
pH up as needed
Great White root care

Tent grow - Dimensions about 2 x 5 x 5ish ( I will add pictures)
Light - Spectra PAR600 600w Full spectrum
PPM ranges from 700 to 1100
pH ranges from 5.5 to 6.5 (usually an average)
*There have been a few periods where the water dropped in pH to about 5. I corrected that within a day or so.
Air temperature is usually about 72-78. Summer right now so heat is a problem with no chiller.
Water temperature is about 73-75. * I know it is too high

So as mentioned above the two "issues" I have been dealing with are trying to cool down my res with frozen water bottles and airing out the tent as much as possible during the day time.

Questions:
Are the fan leaves the correct color from what you can tell?
What are those little holes and chunks taken out of the leaves. I've checked for pests and have found none at all.
Some of the tips of the leaves are a bit yellow. Could this be do to heat or pH swings?
The leaves will feel somewhat brittle sometimes. Other than the heat I'm not sure what else it could be.

I'm open to any suggestions or modifications. Obviously I will be doing things a bit differently next time. I haven't grown in years so I need to get my thumb back.
Attached are the pics:

*Strains are 2 x mimosa 1 x rainbow punch (closest to the front)

Thanks for any advice.
Looks like physical damage.

Don't worry to much about res temps imo. Can get into that if ya like.

Ppm is too high 600-800max. They are over fed.

Ph is likely low because of high nutrient ppm.

You want to try to keep ph change to under 0.2 in a 24hr period.

What brand of cal mag?

What is the RH?

How are you mixing nutrients? In what order?

How often are your water changes?

How much are they drinking a day?

RealWreck

RealWreck

What brand of cal mag? -Botanicare

What is the RH? - Unfortunately I don't have the RH numbers in front of me. I will update with that info

How are you mixing nutrients? In what order? - RODI > Silica > wait about 20 min > Then mix ( in separate container ) Bloom, CalMag, root support > then i add that mixture to the RODI/Silica > let it sit for another 30-40 minutes and then > adjust the pH accordingly.

How often are your water changes? Usually weekly. While i was fighting the temperature/pH/TDS for a few days I did a 4/5 flush and provided fresh nutes and water yesterday. They honestly do seem a bit better but I still feel like something isn't right. Some of the fan leaves seem thin.

How much are they drinking a day? During veg they were drinking a lot and then switched to flower two-three weeks ago and it seemed like they stopped drinking as much. Possibly because of the high nutrient level at such an early stage of flowering?

I'm worried there maybe be some nutrient lockout going on considering the leaves.
What do you think those holes and chunks taken out of the leaves are? I've only seen this with pests but I suppose if the leaves are brittle enough it is possible.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm worried there maybe be some nutrient lockout going on considering the leaves.
What do you think those holes and chunks taken out of the leaves are? I've only seen this with pests but I suppose if the leaves are brittle enough it is possible.
I need more information. Can you answer the questions. A lockout could be possible but unlikely and I can't say without some history and info. More likely is the ph swings. Plants like stable conditions

RealWreck

RealWreck

What brand of cal mag? -Botanicare

What is the RH? - Unfortunately I don't have the RH numbers in front of me. I will update with that info

How are you mixing nutrients? In what order? - RODI > Silica > wait about 20 min > Then mix ( in separate container ) Bloom, CalMag, root support > then i add that mixture to the RODI/Silica > let it sit for another 30-40 minutes and then > adjust the pH accordingly.

How often are your water changes? Usually weekly. While i was fighting the temperature/pH/TDS for a few days I did a 4/5 flush and provided fresh nutes and water yesterday. They honestly do seem a bit better but I still feel like something isn't right. Some of the fan leaves seem thin.

How much are they drinking a day? During veg they were drinking a lot and then switched to flower two-three weeks ago and it seemed like they stopped drinking as much. Possibly because of the high nutrient level at such an early stage of flowering?

I answered in my initial reply. Unless I missed a question.

RealWreck

RealWreck

I'm trying to reply but keep getting:

This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

Top Bottom