Any idea whats causing this spotting?

• Thread starter Loopusmagpie2u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Loopusmagpie2u

Loopusmagpie2u

Im wondering if its the start of a calcium deficiency. Its starting 1 week after i flipped. Its on the older fan leaves.
Any idea whats causing this spotting 2
Any idea whats causing this spotting

Trixie

Trixie

Looks like your pH is starting to drop below the normal range. Do a pour thru and catch some of the runoff and test the ph.

Trixie

Trixie

As a plant grows thru veg and is fertilized the salts can build up and cause a drop in the pH. Grow fertilizers or nitrogen fertilizers that have ammonium nitrogen will not show on the EC meter because it's not salt. If the tips or blade tips start to burn it is a good indication the substrate is changing in the root zone.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

As a plant grows thru veg and is fertilized the salts can build up and cause a drop in the pH. Grow fertilizers or nitrogen fertilizers that have ammonium nitrogen will not show on the EC meter because it's not salt. If the tips or blade tips start to burn it is a good indication the substrate is changing in the root zone.
NH4+ doesn't "show up" on a conductivity meter? Why is that?

Loopusmagpie2u

Loopusmagpie2u

Looks like your pH is starting to drop below the normal range. Do a pour thru and catch some of the runoff and test the ph.
I did a couple slurries they came out 6.2 and 6.3 the run off ph came out at 7.1 and im feeding at 6.4

Trixie

Trixie

NH4+ doesn't "show up" on a conductivity meter? Why is that?
In the region of low ammonium nitrate concentration, the electrical conductivity is low, due to a strong solvation effect and small mobility of solvated ions. The addition of ammonium nitrate caused desolvation process and strong ion–ion interactions, which will be reflected in the conductivity increase.

K

KenKenaf

If it was a calcium deficiency it would look like a calcium deficiency. I've been told boron and calcium deficiency look similar, but I don't see it. I see tons of PKB deficient, calmag toxic plants tho?

Latest posts

Top Bottom