Any Ideas For What's Going On?

• Thread starter dannyk892009
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dannyk892009

dannyk892009

This is one of my outdoor plants. There is a deformation on one of the newer fan leaves. She is just over 1 month and directly in the ground. I'm using vegamatrix line of nutes, as well as protekt silicon solution. Haven't seen anything like this in any previous or other current plants. If you have any ideas, I'd like the input. Thanks

Any ideas for whats going on
Any ideas for whats going on 2
Any ideas for whats going on 3
Papa

Papa

Supporter
i've seen leaves like that before and it's never been an issue. it looks pretty happy to me!

dannyk892009

dannyk892009

@tinderthumbs, I believe you are accurate. Temps have been quite high in my area recently.

@Papa, thanks for taking the time to take a look. Just thought I'd check in case it was the start or something awry.

Thanks again

dannyk892009

dannyk892009

Since the protekt is for heat stress, should I increase the amount I'm giving to this particular plant? I'm using 1/2 tsp per gallon.

xenon730

xenon730

full dose of protekt is 1tsp/gallon and it's anecdotal but i recently tested this for myself and continue to use it at full dose because i believe there's a difference. that said, straight in the ground vs. my coco means your plant may have access to some or a lot of silica already. if i were you i would try a tsp/gallon as its unlikely to hurt and might help or maintain whatever benefit you're getting.

dboy510

dboy510

this looks like beginning of heat stress to me, my girl scout cookies looked almsot exactly the same before they got burnt, i had to move to an area with more shade in my backyard on hot days to fix the problem. if u start to see the new growth curling up and getting burnt its forsure heat stress(i thought it was bugs at first)
IMG 20170613 184515
. u could prob use a shade cloth to fix the problem as well i have been thinking about getting one.

dannyk892009

dannyk892009

@xenon730, Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated. I'm definitely going to bump it up and see what happens. The others do get shaded more than this one, now that I think about it.

@dboy510, Thanks for posting your pics for comparison. I was thinking some kind of infestation as well. If you get that shade cloth, let me know what kind of results you get.

dboy510

dboy510

@xenon730, Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated. I'm definitely going to bump it up and see what happens. The others do get shaded more than this one, now that I think about it.

@dboy510, Thanks for posting your pics for comparison. I was thinking some kind of infestation as well. If you get that shade cloth, let me know what kind of results you get.
Yea so Im starting to think it's an infestation cause I moved them back to the same area where it happened the first time with a shade cloth and now it's starting again. I think the area where it's happening might be infested cause it hasn't even been over 80

Top Bottom