Any ideas guys. Losing the will with this one

• Thread starter chippy123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chippy123

Hey guys outdoor grower Australia. This plant has been struggling last month or so haven't been able to bring it back. Leaves losing colours,crisping. More and more of plant seems to be going that way. Any ideas please?? Soil ph is 6.8. Applied organic matter recently to lower ph as was bit higher. Regular watering every 3 days once pot feels lighter. Had ants in abundance until tackled yesterday. Ideas please. Pics to follow. Thanks

Any ideas guys  losing the will with this one
Any ideas guys  losing the will with this one 2
Any ideas guys  losing the will with this one 3
Any ideas guys  losing the will with this one 4
Any ideas guys  losing the will with this one 5
SnappyJack

SnappyJack

chippy123... hey... I'l take a guess and it's only that... ph has been off for a while... are you plant normally this light of a green color?

C

chippy123

Use to be a deep green, a healthy green if you like. Been struggling with this plant for the last 2 mths after light and heat stress

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

2 months is a long time ...... I'd most likely pull it out of the pot and examine the roots.. checking for rot .. parasites... and most likely change what soil you can with a tested / proper ph soil

C

chippy123

2 months is a long time ...... I'd most likely pull it out of the pot and examine the roots.. checking for rot .. parasites... and most likely change what soil you can with a tested / proper ph soil
I was actually thinking of doing that this week but temps are going really high for 3-4 days up to 35- 38c

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Ants are aphid hunters
If you’ve a large number they might be feeding of them
Have you checked for bugs I can see what looks like bug damage on the third pic down

C

chippy123

Yes found heaps by the base of this plant, especially when I dug around base. I've sprayed neem oil. I've checked but will continue to also as that's where I'm at in terms of elimination

Eledin

Eledin

Be careful with the neem oil, Ive been scolded here for recomending it and after some research I dont even use it myself anymore. If the plant is young is not a problem but if the plant is close to flower or in fower is a no-no (I never got to spray them close to flower with it but still). That said is also very effective because it creates this oily protection film. For similar results and less risk of neem oil getting close or in the buds use potassic soap, it also creates a protective film but it degrades much quicker into food for the plant, and rinses off with water unike neem oil. For flowering plants I dont know what people use, I used to use hydrogen peroxide, but Im conflicted, if anyone knows let me know because afaik it doesnt leave any residue since its just water and oxigen, but Ive heard that it can leave salts behind? I always washed the pants that I treated after choping, I try to wash them all, but just for dust and whatever sticked to the buds.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Move the plant so it gets a little shade in the heat of the day!
Once a week for the next 4 weeks.

Make 1/2 bucket of microbe solution as bellow.
If you can't get leaf mold. Use the best garden soil and compost you have available.
I don't use the bag I just strain it into another bucket when finished,

1/2 bucket. microbe solution. Add 2L of Boosted seedling fertilizer see bellow.
Top bucket up with water and mix well.

Slowly - Give the pot 20 liter bucket of solution 1 watering can every 10 min so the pot soaks up the solution
it does not just run out on the ground

You can use any fish fertilizer like Muskie.

Fallow up with this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom