Any ideas on how to boost humidity for free?

• Thread starter CannaTyger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaTyger

CannaTyger

Ive got a budget set up goin on here. Most of it i puchased a little at a time starting about 8 months ago. I set it all up and started these about 2 months ago (i know theyre super behind because the light i started them with was really only designed for 1 seedling so it was really just barely keeping them going. So i finally got my 1000w led light and they started shooting up. Problem now is i just started introducing them to over 30% humidity and theyre taking off even more but with the "humidifier" i have its having trouble getting above 45%. Any ideas how i can add some more humidity other than get another humidifier or putting a bowl of water in there? Anyways heres some pictures. The humidifier is actually a fog machine atomizer i took apart and tossed into a bowl of water and plugged into a humidity controlled outlet. 2 fans 1 for circulation one for air cycling. 2.5x 2.5x3.5 grow tent. (The last picture with the 25% humidity is with the door open)
Any ideas on how to boost humidity for free
Any ideas on how to boost humidity for free 2
Any ideas on how to boost humidity for free 3
Any ideas on how to boost humidity for free 4

Any ideas on how to boost humidity for free 5
CannaTyger

CannaTyger

I should also mention i have the exhaust fan on a separate timer from the lights that turns it on every hour for 20 minutes, just to help keep the humidity.

rogone

rogone

Large wet piece of cloth in the room + lower mixing fan speed , sometimes hot water sprayed in the air all over the room (evaporate faster i guess). Im neewbie but thats what worked out for me. But my lowest point was around 40 RH without control now 55-57

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Gotta say. Careful with over misting plants cause of mold and mildew. And a wet blanket could be quite a vector for mold as well.

In my opinion anyway.

CannaTyger

CannaTyger

Yeah ive tried hanging a damp towel in front of the fan. Didnt really do much for the humidity. Ill try the tray of water (or a bigger one anyways) tomorrow but its pretty cold right now so large amounts of water dont really evaporate well but we will see if it helps.

hps4891

hps4891

B4 i had humidifiers i hung wet towels & put trays of water in front of fans. Also i misted super fine mists way above canopy every few hours. Kept me around 55% steady inna 20-30% house lol. Not what id prefer but it got me by til i could afford a proper humidifier.

BigCube

BigCube

Ever end up solving your issue? If so, what was the solution?

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Perhaps a small 50 or 100 watt submersible heater in the bucket of water will help with evaporation rate raising RH. They are really inexpensive.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Problem solved, as it turns out i just needed to give it time for the small fog machine atomizer to do its thing. Tent stays at around 55-60% rh now. Thank you guys
I'm glad you found a solution. I go to a second hand store Value Village. Pick up most of my grow stuff from there. Fans $4-7 ,humidifiers$4-7,light fixtures $5, watering pots & the list goes on and on. If there's something like that in your area check them out. Why pay $30+ for something you can get for $5?

BigCube

BigCube

I'm glad you found a solution. I go to a second hand store Value Village. Pick up most of my grow stuff from there. Fans $4-7 ,humidifiers$4-7,light fixtures $5, watering pots & the list goes on and on. If there's something like that in your area check them out. Why pay $30+ for something you can get for $5?

Damn fine idea. Why didn't I think of that? 🤣

CannaTyger

CannaTyger

Yeah actually im gonna check out goodwill (and a few other places)for some more fans and maybe a whole room humidifier, for when i get to the point when i need to harvest/cure.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've used a bucket of water, dip a towel in it and hang the towel as opened up as possible above the bucket with the bottom in the water, and put a fan on the towel.
It helped a little, but nowhere near as good as a real ultrasonic humidifier.

Top Bottom