Or...

Any suggestions?

weeks earlier:
http://i94.invalid.com/albums/l100/realbluntz/thed/DSC08823.jpg

now:
http://i94.invalid.com/albums/l100/realbluntz/thed/DSC09126.jpg

M

mrbong73

Velcro tape from Home Depot. It will stick to the sides of your smart pot. (If that's what you have, hard to tell.) You can pull the branches out this way. Very effective.
Edit: nevermind doesn't look like a smart pot

Velcro tape
500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

You could maybe try to putting some hooks in the ground around the pot and tying them down like that, or a piece of plywood underneath and screwing some eyelets into that. You'll have more to work with when tying those down. Or maybe build a solid horizontal trellis. Or both. I don't think your yield is going to be much better with all those plants in one pot though. You're going to end up with a one or two root masses that dominate over the others and the rest of the plants will probably be weak in comparison.

D

dank_

Good idea with the plywood, thanks.
I'm pretty set on going with a screen. Just still not sure exactly how I wanna go about it... i guess just plop it on top.

The plants started out with one root mass while in hydro. Not too much planning ahead on this one.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Looks like improper watering, crowding, and too low lumens will likely ruin this crop anyway. Vet the weaklings and pay closer attention to the chosen survivors needs.

D

dank_

What has you thinking there are/will be too low lumens?

1kw SuperHPS, just tested with lux meter... and I'm adding a screen so light distribution won't be a problem...
?

I surely have improvements to make - my soil grows don't look as prosperous as my hydro.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I use the black stretchy (bungee) cords that truckers use. They have some weight to them and I just hang one about 1/4 the way from the top and in a couple days there going the right way.

I also use my thumb and finger to squeeze the stock till it softens and than bend it over and it just grows a knuckle and grows sideways.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

The droopiness-crowding of leafs upon the meristem are indicative of overwatering while the warped fan leafs scream for more energy. It's not just a mathematical use of watts per foot, but in how that wattage is put to use. Your light could be improperly reflected, too far away, or be old and inefficient; but the fact remains that there's not enough light on that plant and it's being overwatered.

Growing in a crowded pot you're guaranteeing low output, low resin production, and poor air circulation. Field hemp is grown in this crowded way to guarantee that it'll remain lanky and not produce many buds, which are requirements in hemp but not in medicinal sensimilla.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Well, light always falls in a circle, so be sure to design your garden in that shape from the beginning to maximize your efficiency. You'll want your bulb to be on an adjustable system to change the distance-from-canopy at will. I like some low fluorescents to keep the canopy fully covered, also.

You can plant several together, but you have to keep their distance appropriate from one another. At least a foot on all sides from any other and they'll grow well if you keep them trimmed properly. A '4 x '4 hexagon shaped garden would do well under 1000 watts set at sixteen inches from the canopy, for example.

D

dank_

Ya, way too many plants in there. I ended up wrapping chicken wire around the container as an anchor point for tying the plants.

http://i94.invalid.com/albums/l100/realbluntz/thed/DSC09364.jpg

Top Bottom