Any Mountain Bikers or Snowboarders On Here?

• Thread starter Dorje
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I need to get me a nice mountain bike! One of these harvests after my bills get paid...

I

ibTheMan

i mountain bike, its fun and good exercise. around $500 gets you a pretty alright mountain bike.

T

TurboAllWD

i sat on 70 the other day for 2 hours. thankfully had a cone of diesel and one of my fiance's footballs because that shit makes me feel like i'm gonna jump outta my skin. happy holidaze Dorje. pm me if you head this way :passingjoint:

Dude I know what you mean, my clutch exerts twice the amount of pressure as a stock clutch with 3200lbs of clamping force. Everytime I come back from the slopes I'm sitting in traffic just hating life and I bet my clutch feels the same way.

Iscrog4food, thats pimp, you have the real vr4/stealth. I got 2 dsms, a talon and a gvr4. Three if you count a 6bolt swapped 2g GST thats rusting out in Ohio, sucks having cars out east! I dont think the vr4/stealth is really a dsm, doesn't have the worlds fastest turbo 4 cylinder engine, but a twin turbo v6 is sweet too. Next powder day man! trying to plan a trip to Breck this week.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

hey smokey....your missing one. two in the pink, one in the stink

I already had that one up. You are too late buddy. Lol.

I got about another 198 of them.

Before it was 2 in the Goo and 1 in the Poo, and also the 2 in the Pink and 1 in the Stink.

I was going to put more, but could only put so many words in.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Vr4 is not a DSM?! Whatchutalkin bout willis?! DSM = diamond star motors and even though the emblem says dodge, Ive got nothing but MB part numbers! Either way my new binders will be here tuesday so after that I will be looking to shred it. We could also link up on epic mix.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Anyone got any suggestions on a mountain bike. I ride motocross but would love to try to mountain bike. Does anyone ride motocross in the winter here or is it only in the warmer months? All these mountains I might need a stronger bike.

R

Rednick

You can put screws (small ones) through the inside of your tires to make 'studded' tires for winter biking. Knew people growing up that did that, never tried myself.

Dorje

Dorje

Anyone got any suggestions on a mountain bike. I ride motocross but would love to try to mountain bike. Does anyone ride motocross in the winter here or is it only in the warmer months? All these mountains I might need a stronger bike.

If you want one bike for everything, it depends on what you will use it for, since you rode mx, I'd assume you'd be into downhill style riding with jumps, rockgardens and steeps. If so, I'd recommend a bike with a Fox 36 fork and about 6" of rear suspension travel. If you want to trail ride a lot, aim for the lighter end of the spectrum and air shocks, bike shouldn't be heavier than low 30's... if you don't care how well it climbs you can get a heavier, slacker and lower bike, but it won't be as much fun on most trails. It will be more fun at resorts and super-techy and rocky trails though...

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I forget the name of the pond or small lake but it is outside of Breck. They have ice racing there. It has been some years since I have been. So I really cannot tell ya too much about it. I sorta stumbled upon it one day.

N

NugNation

The bike I just had stolen was fucking AWESOME. 2010 Specialized Enduro, definition of best of both worlds. Has an air shock and the gearing to make climbing a breeze, but has a big fork and enough rear travel to bomb down hill sections. I think the Enduro and the Santa Cruz Chameleon are the two best do it all bikes out there right now.

E

evo303

I've been out riding my mtb almost everyday. Lots of trails here in golden and up by evergreen.
Always looking to ride new trails in the boulder area or elsewhere as long as they aren't busy or boring.
If anyone wants to ride sometime PM me.

T

TurboAllWD

I'll be mtb biking again as soon as the rebuild kit comes in for the rear shock on my big hit. Might hold off though, having a lot of fun on my dirt bike.

GhostFace

GhostFace

still ripping up the snow_ huge lines are still being ripped in the back country. JonesPass was super deep last week and the snow pac was perfect to say the least

B

bongtime

i like to do a bit ov mountain biking..they hold the mountain bike uci world cup here...and theres plenty ov places to cycle here..atb soapbar

Dorje

Dorje

I've been out riding my mtb almost everyday. Lots of trails here in golden and up by evergreen.
Always looking to ride new trails in the boulder area or elsewhere as long as they aren't busy or boring.
If anyone wants to ride sometime PM me.

Nice, have you checked out the new trail in Buff Creek?

http://i99.invalid.com/albums/l318/davec113/Blackjack%205-4-11/blackjack038.jpg

E

evo303

^nope, but i will have to check it out.

Had a gnarley crash on burgen peak today. 12 stitches in the elbow :)

Top Bottom