Any one have Rheumatoid Arthritis

• Thread starter boxturtle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

boxturtle

I have RA and was wondering if there was any one out there that had found some specific strains that are helpfull with the killing of pain from the swelling, and grinding of joints.

K

kimburns

hey boxT i dont share the issue but can share that plants with high CBD help the most with pain and inflammation, just in case no one has a strain to help, you can also check meduser.ca it has alot of info and strains for conditions. really hope that this helps.

S

Slips

I have had JR since the age of 4 and can tell you that sativas that give me the floating feeling help the most ... I only use indica's for sleep ... I would also look into making some cannabis milk to help with inflammation. The only downside with the milk is I sleep so well I don't move and wake up stiff ...

Sativas I Like
c99
Chemdog 3
kalimist
Blue Dream
SSSDH
Link to making cannabis milk on my website.
http://freedomgrowers.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html#6338998079441437591

H

headband707

Yup I agree with Slip lol nice line up for sure.. Depending on where you have your Arthritis in the knees for example or hips you can get this injection called Ostinel and there is another one now not sure what it's called they will inject it into your knee and it puts back oil you need about 3 to 6 shots I believe in each knee or hip and it's not always covered and one shot is $100.00 but worth every penny and much better then living in pain. I hope that helps peace out Headband707

L

Lost

I have osteo-artheritis from re-occurring traumatic injuries to the knees mostly... And missing the cartilidge inbetween my kneecaps (worn thru). My issue is I cannot get insurance and cannot afford anything... Kushes help alot.. 98 Bubba , anything purple..

H

headband707

Lost for you I would definately recommend Glucosamine Chondotine (sp) this will bring back cartlage and you need to keep taking it for atleast 3 months. If you have any cartlage there it will come back with this. I hope that helps peace out Headband707

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello Boxturtle... I am also a RA sufferer. I use capsules and edibles the most for the inflamation. Sativa's do seem to work better for me for making them and the indicas heavy hit, or hash and oil for sleep. I have also just started eating a small dose of honey oil a few times a day. Not enough time to verify any results for me yet. If you have any other questions feel free to ask..

L

Lost

Lost for you I would definately recommend Glucosamine Chondotine (sp) this will bring back cartlage and you need to keep taking it for atleast 3 months. If you have any cartlage there it will come back with this. I hope that helps peace out Headband707

I used that stuff for a while when I was younger.. There is nothing to grow back.. :)

Im hoping that artificial knees keep getting better and better and in 7-9 years, ill have them completely replaced..

H

headband707

I feel for you Lost very hard to do ... For others I guess that even have a bit of cartilage left this will build it back up. Sorry to hear yours is so bad. peace out Headband707

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes i agree with you there Lost. Maybe in time it would be worth the surgery.. Finding myseld using channel locks to open bottles and things all the time now...

B

boxturtle

Thank you all so much my hart goes out to all of you.
I have had polyarticular(more than 5 joints affected) JRA since about the age of 5 but was was misdiagnosed until 10. The cox inhibitors such as celebrexx give me terrible stomach pain, And the swelling in my jaw often kills any desire i have to eat. I cannot afford insurance/get it. I often use a volcano because of thsi but eventually going to try and increase the amount of edibles. Does any one fallow a particular schedule for taking their med or does every one just take as needed.
:hi:

I

I8ntLucky_UR

Hi there boxturtle I'm also an RA sufferer. About a year ago I was on almost $2500/month in pharma meds like Enbrel, Methotrexate, and a morphine for pain 100's mg/day. I lost over 70 lbs. from not being able to eat anymore from the sick feeling I had all the time. Finally had enough and turned to medical marijuana. I make THC caps all the time and currently smoking Jack The Ripper and Sno Dawg. I'm off all the injections and down to 20 mg/day for pain meds too! God I hate pharma meds.

The caps I make a pretty simple. Grind up 1/2 oz real dried bud, put it in a crock pot with 2 tblsp of coconut oil. Simmer for about an hour on low. Let it cool then fill 00 gel caps from the health food store. I take 2 caps when I get up and 1 every 3-4 hours. They are gr8t.

I hope that helps you.

S

ShorelineTex

Yes i agree with you there Lost. Maybe in time it would be worth the surgery.. Finding myseld using channel locks to open bottles and things all the time now...

I had a bulging disc with pretty severe stenosis and spinal arthritis. I was pretty heavily involved with several high-impact competitive sports, and I always had the "play through the pain" mentality. But, after several years, it got to where some days I couldn't move my arm. Some days I couldn't even get out of bed (always keep some emergency pot and a spare pipe in the bedside table).

I had surgery a while back, and they basically replaced vertebrae and fused some together. I could tell the difference right when I woke up from surgery - it was absolutely amazing.

Obviously, do research on the surgery's success rates, do research on the doctor that is doing your surgery, and always get a second opinion.

But, if you are living in pain and you have the means to have corrective surgery that doesn't put you at grave risk of more pain, additional handicaps, or death, I would highly recommend doing it.

It's so much more enjoyable to smoke weed for reasons other than pain.

S

ShorelineTex

Ugh...this thread reminds me of how awful the pain used to be.

I sincerely hope that each and every one of you here that have that kind of horrible daily pain are able to fully remedy it one day. I can't describe how much of a change it has been in my daily life to have full use of my arm and live without pain. I am extremely fortunate, and I try to remember and be thankful for that every day.

When I read all the descriptions of things you folks have to deal with on a daily basis (channel locks for bottles, horrible nausea from prescribed pain meds, cartilage-less knees, etc.), my stomach knots up...I wish I could make all of you magically feel better.

B

boxturtle

The caps I make a pretty simple. Grind up 1/2 oz real dried bud, put it in a crock pot with 2 tblsp of coconut oil. Simmer for about an hour on low. Let it cool then fill 00 gel caps from the health food store. I take 2 caps when I get up and 1 every 3-4 hours. They are gr8t.

I am going to have to try this thank you, and thank all of you for showing me that i am not alone in my struggles keep up the good fight.

Has any one tryed Infused lotion's on inflamation and what strain/lotion are you using for those?

Latest posts

Top Bottom