Any one know how to combat Spodoptera exigua?

• Thread starter Saticoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saticoy

Saticoy

Any one know how to combat Spodoptera exigua. Destroying my months of labor. I got some beautiful plants ripening.
Any one know how to combat spodoptera exigua
Any one know how to combat spodoptera exigua 3
Any one know how to combat spodoptera exigua 2

Dutchess

Dutchess

Once they reach that level there’s very little you can do. BT can be used up to the day of harvest. We spray sulfur and BT in veg and it does the trick.

Saticoy

Saticoy

Cool thanks picking up some tomorrow. Does it affect the taste? Or make it harsh?

Dutchess

Dutchess

Cool thanks picking up some tomorrow. Does it affect the taste? Or make it harsh?
Nope not in my experience. Apple and stone fruit growers worship it 😂. There’s different strains of BT if you goto a grow store they’ll usually only have the BT-k (which is the one you want) if you goto a nursery or garden supply or Home Depot just double check that it’s BTk, lots of brands have it, I usually only ever use Monterey brand but Bonide brand would be my back up

Madbud

Madbud

Either monterey or thuricide btk kills cats. You can soak your buds in water, or water and peroxide(then rinse in water) before drying to clean them.

Freshone

Freshone

Get a wooden shish kebab skewer and start picking those off,they are out at dawn and dusk.They are eating your buds from the inside and shitting which causes budrot and no amount of washing will help with that.Spray with BT as advised at dusk,also you can throw cheesecloth over them to keep the moths from laying more eggs,keep plants away from lawns if possible,Good Luck!

Madbud

Madbud

Agree that you have to cut out all bad buds first, the wash is for any residual from spraying, bugs and windblown debris.

Saticoy

Saticoy

Thanks you to all of you for the tips. Already sprayed real thorough. Took off anything else that looked infected. Still have 1/2 of one plant and 90% of the other. Seriously thank you I was bummed because I still got about 3 weeks left. But will definitely do the rinse and cheese cloth.

Madbud

Madbud

Another thing, i rarely see dead ones. They get blown off the plant when they die. I hang dry the branches over a big tub and backlight the buds With a flashlight to see if any cats are hanging off after a day or two. None on the first few cuts this year. Sometimes i see really tiny ones but have not had the big ones.

Saticoy

Saticoy

I had to chop early but I ended up with half my plant harvested. I’m glad I was able to save some. The Monterey BT helped tremendously. I noticed a difference in one day.
C862DD81 203F 47C9 AA2A AE2C6C0294B4
46620F66 FEF6 4C44 BFA7 EAF5B578AC72

Matt73

Matt73

Are these the same thing? Found them in one of my plants but not the other 4, it's the NY diesel and the others are starkiller strain

20200924 171329
20200924 175843
Madbud

Madbud

Buds turn brown, sugar leaves pull off easily and speckled with caterpillar poop. They get inside the bud and eat the little stems.

Saticoy

Saticoy

It's my first time growing but how do I know if the bud is bad?
When your leaves twist like this it’s the beginning ⬇️

And this ⬆️ Is it a day or two later. They tear your buds up. Use the Monterey BT.

Matt73

Matt73

Latest posts

Top Bottom