Any one re use pro mix hp

• Thread starter dred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dred

dred

does anyone reuse their promix hp for indoor grows?
always dump it in the garden after I use it outdoors but don’t
see why it couldn’t be reused.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The lime and wetting agent would be mostly used up and the peat itself compacted.

they put the mix date on the bag and recommend using in a year. The natural bacteria will degrade the bale even sealed up.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I’m not planning on reusing the HP I have but I know a grower in town that does.
The dude adds buckets of dolomite to it and seems to work but when it’s $35/bale I say just chuck it.
(Seems kinda wasteful when I type it out)

CF89

CF89

I was wondering the same and decided just to chuck it. It’s only dirt. That $35 bale gets you like 4-6 plants worth that’ll yield 6oz each. So 36 oz grown in $35 worth of dirt. $1 an oz. Cheap enough to toss out just to be sure. I’m small time though. Four 5gal pots.

I used a half bag of old dirt that was stored outside (main mistake) and I believe it had aphids in it. I’ve been fighting them for months. All over $20 worth of dirt.

dred

dred

Ya agreed its not really the cost but having problems getting some
i think i have enough for this run going
to transplant today

hydro store in town has some lambert lm3 looks similar to promix bx
may have to run that next

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Ya agreed its not really the cost but having problems getting some
i think i have enough for this run going
to transplant today

hydro store in town has some lambert lm3 looks similar to promix bx
may have to run that next

Grab some perlite and add in like 30% and you’ll be good.

Why not coco?

dred

dred

Got lotso perlite use to grow hempy
was thinking about coco tried peat instead
some say the lambert is cleaner then promix

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You mix peat 50/50 with perlite. You have great drainage. Will need to feed a lot more often and have much faster growth.

In fact I would almost call it soiless and could be reused if your going organic. If salts and fed with good runoff possibly also. But as cheap as this stuff is I wouldn't bother.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

You mix peat 50/50 with perlite. You have great drainage. Will need to feed a lot more often and have much faster growth.

In fact I would almost call it soiless and could be reused if your going organic. If salts and fed with good runoff possibly also. But as cheap as this stuff is I wouldn't bother.

Promix Bx isn’t 100% peat.
Promix IS a peat-based soilless medium. That’s what it’s called.

Peat breaks down and becomes acidic, hence, people adding buckets of dolomite for re use.

I don’t think organic makes a diff here because you can’t really grow organic in HP right?
You could use *organic ferts but you’re running drain to waste and I don’t see that being organic. To me there’s a difference there.

RR1

RR1

Promix Bx isn’t 100% peat.
Promix IS a peat-based soilless medium. That’s what it’s called.

Peat breaks down and becomes acidic, hence, people adding buckets of dolomite for re use.

I don’t think organic makes a diff here because you can’t really grow organic in HP right?
You could use *organic ferts but you’re running drain to waste and I don’t see that being organic. To me there’s a difference there.
Trying to get away without buying more soil can bite you in the ass. It may work, but don't your babies deserve the best? Throw the old shit in your flowerbeds.
RR1

dred

dred

Not trying to get away just cant get any promix hp every place is sold out around.
not sure i had enough was contemplating reusing some from grow i just harvested
turns out i had enough just filled up 3 seven gal fabric pots.
probably not enough for Februarys grow And will be lucky to get much then.
should probably grab something now or i may be going back to hempy buckets
for a grow.
think i will grab a bail of the lm3 blow the 30 bucks...lol
pay more for the 3 seed im running.

Cracken

Cracken

I personally used to reuse mine, and plan to do it again, (I took 5 years off from indoor). I ferment my stuff thou, I add lots of dry amendments, to pro mix, add some bennies and fulvic acid, and molasses and soak with water in a barrel. I let it brew while my seedlings are getting their legs under them and when it's time for the big pots in goes the mix. the left over liquid becomes my juice that I feed with, if the perlite seems to be loosing its luster I add more, or vermiculite. I am not a pro at this and only started (12 years ago). I am still learning like most of us on here. and learning lots from the science minded guys like Aquaman and the others who have studied for the tests that I always winged in school.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

think i will grab a bail of the lm3 blow the 30 bucks...lol
pay more for the 3 seed im running.

Yeah man try it out I’m sure it will be fine and seeds can be expensive for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom