Any One Use Speedee Trim Scissors?

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

They look good in the video, anyone here use them? Nothing like careful hand trimming, but my hand is old and doesn't work too well! Thanks

dreamofgreen

dreamofgreen

the speedee trim looks interesting, until i looked at the price. doh.
an electric trimmer for sheep cost less than a third what the speedee costs and i think would work just as well.

lots of negative reviews and comments on the hand crank bowl style trimmers. i think they get gummed up and become useless very quickly.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
the speedee trim looks interesting, until i looked at the price. doh.
an electric trimmer for sheep cost less than a third what the speedee costs and i think would work just as well.

lots of negative reviews and comments on the hand crank bowl style trimmers. i think they get gummed up and become useless very quickly.
That one has good reviews, all you have to do is wash them with iso and they are like brand new after they gum up.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I used a 16" salad bowl.for yeara. Upgraded to a 19". My salad bowl.trims Damn near perfect. I have it down to the number of cranks. Pretrimming is key.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I am hoping the blades are so small they won't be able to catch fingers, but definitely needs looking into, thanks!

N

Nog

I use a pair of long bladed scissors, that way I only have to move my hand a little bit and the end moves a longer distance.

I also hold the bud by the end of the stem and twirl it around in my fingers as I snip off the bigger leaves.

I don't use much movement trimming that way.

And then when I'm down to the small single bladed leave sticking out of the bud, or even some of the small three fingered ones, I just run the scissors down each side cutting them off close to the bud.

The buds might look a little bit leafy afterwards, but when those little bits of leaf remaining dry, they will shrink to next to nothing.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with a machine bashing my buds around.

But if I had many pounds to trim at once it might be a different story.

BudBogart

BudBogart

They look like a great adaptive equipment for people with disabilities. Sorry I have never used them, here is the video link tho.
Hey DrMc, wanted to give you a big thanks for posting all the good info on trimmers to help me out.!

Top Bottom