Any one use the STG GROW media and what should i look for using a eeb/DWC system

• Thread starter OGReggieBUSH777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGReggieBUSH777

OGReggieBUSH777

was going on growers I'm putting together my wish list for this project I'm working on. I have the 4x 8 Silver Edition HydroHut on the way. I've been doing my :spacecraft:research and I'm very int rested in the STG GROW media... has any one used STG yet and what things should I look for(ph, ec, problems, kudos) or should I just got with the coco?? I'm tryin to get things lined up before I jump off the deep-end... Please leave question and comments :party0023:

N

noone88

If this is your first time growing or using STG media, then I recommend not using it. Stick with hydroton, especially for dwc.

I've had my share of problems with STG media, but to be fair, i'm sure people that have used STG will say that it takes a while to get to tuned in. The watering schedule, especially at early stages of veg, is not an easy thing to do.

OGReggieBUSH777

OGReggieBUSH777

Thanks for stopping by with the FYI bro. :anim_09:I haven't seen any grows with it and have seen it talked about on the farm so i glad u hit me back.. nooone88 what type of yield did u get back from it? Also would u mind leading Ur formula for future runs... I do like the concept and the cleanliness... but i think i might have to use the K.I.S.S method keep it simple stupid!!!:hunter:

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Sure to grow? I just tried it. that stuff is better off in a stuffed animal. The bottoms are all getting root rot and the tops stay constantly dry. the plants look like ass, I hope they make it long enough to go into a DWC bucket. I would either use rockwool or just go straight from an aerocloner into hydroton (My preference). Go with the coco cubes or something else, I don't like rockwool very much. You could do a flood table with hydroton in pots, or hydroton/coco 60/40 mix is supposed to work good as well.

P

Punk

I tried it one round in my multi flow. Will never use that crap again.

It sounds like a dream come true, no washing hydrotin, the youtube vid were the guy just throws it together, seems great.

It doesn't show how the inserts squash down into pucks over time. How it doesn't have the support of other grow mediums, how plants grow roots WAY slower.

I say pass on the stuff, I wish I would of.

OGReggieBUSH777

OGReggieBUSH777

punk thanks i havent seen many diaries with farmerz using it to i will leave it in the stuffed animals

D

DoubleDub

i tried STG for clones and was not impressed at all. dries too easily, not thick enough. Top layer is a waste don't even know why its there. Black mold and algea was ridden all throughout... seems like it might be able to get dialed in but rockwool is just way easier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom