Any seedbank saving pure land-race strains

• Thread starter fondiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fondiz

IS there a seedbank or group of breeders that are saving all the land-race cannabis strains in their pure natural state? Keeping the pure original strain that way we have the original strain to create new crosses, hybrids Or recreate old crosses ourselves. that way we dont loose the genetics or dilute the gene pool.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

The Real Seed Company, and Afropips seem to have quite a few of both (depending on region).

P

primeform

nice dr detroit. have you bought anything from either company?

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

nice dr detroit. have you bought anything from either company?

I've used Santa Marta Columbian Gold (F) from The Real Seed Company. Though not entirely appropriate for this climate (and left ungirdled), they were lovely plants exactly matching description.

Afropips are fairly new, but I like the idea of African genetics. The original hybridizations (in this country) were mostly Thai x Mexican, with Afghan genetics introduced around 1979 or so. The secondary landraces bred into our pool were Brazilian and Indian in origin. It seems that a third influx of landrace genetics are arriving into our sphere from Mother Africa mostly, with a supplementation from Russia, Nepal, Pakistan, and Japan. Should be an interesting time to be a smoker...

M

Morals

I think ACE seeds has some land race stuff. Also GN seeds has some old school thai an stuff like that.
A buddy of mine who lives in SE Asia say the best stuff he found came from the jungles of Laos. He's got hundreds if not thousands of seeds of it.

B

barefoot

Charlie @.....Cannabiogen as well serves up some great gear.......

ganj on................

TortureKill

TortureKill

Ive been doing my part to preserve the landrace genetics that I come across. Many of our breeding projects are comprised of pure genetics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom