Any successful grows using AN?

• Thread starter Manish Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Manish Boy

Manish Boy

I'm on my first grow with a new UC system and had hoped to simplify things a bit by using AN, especially after seeing how well they do in DWC. Unfortunately I didn't see the information here about not using AN nutes until after I had purchased them. So I'm stuck with them for this grow. So anyone who has a documented grow I can look at or who can give me a few pointers, I'd me most appreciative. Meanwhile, I will continue reading. Lots of great info here on UC, more than I've found anywhere.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

You got them now so use them up than switch to a better class of company, we quite carrying AN because of a lack of trust and they use PRG's in their products. My last post was about this.

Try Canna, H&G and Hesi they are better products. IMHO GH is OK

Amber

Amber

I personally think you will kill it in the UC with AN. They are not the most moral company but when it comes right on down to it I have had some of my best harvest with AN. Never used it in the UC but im thinking about it. Or at least some of their products. If you look really hard there is a couple of people that have done it. Try to google search thcfarmer/advanced in the uc or something like that.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I have crushed it using AN. If it's all I had I would use it with no question. Just start out with2 ml of Cal Mag if using ro. Best of luck..

mjj9

mjj9

An Is great . There food is for Expert growers and it takes a lil bit of time To find the right mix!
I use it n every run for the last 3years and im one happy camper.

Manish Boy

Manish Boy

You got them now so use them up than switch to a better class of company, we quite carrying AN because of a lack of trust and they use PRG's in their products. My last post was about this.

Try Canna, H&G and Hesi they are better products. IMHO GH is OK

I've seen some of the results here using H&G, quite impressive. I think they are what I'll try next. I've seen good results from Canna in some other systems, but haven't seen a UC grow done with them. I'll give them a look as well. Thanks.

Manish Boy

Manish Boy

I have crushed it using AN. If it's all I had I would use it with no question. Just start out with2 ml of Cal Mag if using ro. Best of luck..

Thanks for the links. I'll be checking them out.

And thanks to everyone. It's nice to hear that some are getting good results using AN. Most everything I've read has been negative. I've seen them work very well in DWC so assumed they would in RDWC as well.

I did have a bit of a pH issue. It's not bringing my pH as low as I expected, even with about 15% tap water and a starting ppm of 115. I ended up adding some pH down to bring it down from 6.5 to 6.1. At 6.5 I was seeing some early signs of lockout. Looking much better now.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I personally think you will kill it in the UC with AN. They are not the most moral company but when it comes right on down to it I have had some of my best harvest with AN. Never used it in the UC but im thinking about it. Or at least some of their products. If you look really hard there is a couple of people that have done it. Try to google search thcfarmer/advanced in the uc or something like that.

Look at my older post and you will see I was real big on OD and BB.

I used AN for a number of years and did very well and recommended it to anyone who would listen, than I find they are using PGR which have been banned since the 80's for use on food. They get around it by labeling it for flowers and that's ok as long as you don't eat or smoke them, which we do. No one has ever died from smoking pot and I don't want to be the first because of what sinister products are out there that can harm us. It would be ironic to die from the ferts you used to grow with? Here's a little on PRG's

PGR actives, subclass “Growth Retardant” such as paclobutrazol (PBZ), chlormequat chloride (CC), and/or daminozide, which are in BB and OD and these products Superbud (Australia), Phosphoload (Superbud rebranded, North America), Rock Juice (Australia), Flower Dragon (North America), Gravity (North America), Bushmaster (North America), Boonta Bud (UK), Rox (UK), Cyco Flower (Australia), Mega Bud (North America), Dr Nodes (renamed Mr No – North America), and Yield Masta/Sudden Impact (Australia and NZ).

These chemical actives:

Are classed as systemic pesticides
Are scheduled poisons
Have long withholding periods
Are in many cases and most countries banned for use on food/consumable crops
Are subject to strict regulations, pertaining to registration and use (crop type, application rates and times)

Are, in the case of daminozide, rated as a “probable human carcinogen” and in the case of paclobutrazol rated with, “This substance/agent has not undergone a complete evaluation and determination under US EPA's IRIS program for evidence of human carcinogenic potential”. Additionally, paclobutrazol has been shown in studies to be toxic to the liver.

So for me why take the chance, no thanks there are too many other companies that don't use questionable shit in their products, the trust bond has been broken.

Amber

Amber

Yeah your right actually, thanks, really it is a unnecessary chance.

Top Bottom