Any suggestions for nutrients for my current grow

• Thread starter JimfromA2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JimfromA2

JimfromA2

So, I have been growing for 6 years and have learned a lot, but my weak area is nutrients. I have in the past given too much in the way of nutrients. So, this grow I am doing to following. They are getting water every other day with just ph water. Once a week I water them with (mixed into one gallon of water) 2ml Cal-Mag, 1ml Grow, 1ml Micro (Gen Hydro). The plants are in Fox Farm Happy Frog. Too much? Not enough?

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Big plants eat more and small plants eat less, so I like to have a way to match feeding frequency (and therefore available nutes) to demand. What I do in soil is water to runoff when the pots are light, tracking the EC/ppms of the runoff every watering. When the runoff gets below 1,000 ppms on the 500 scale (2.0 EC), I feed 600 ppms of base nutes with the next watering. I'm up-potting the whole way in amended soils, so I'm not feeding NPK until well into flower, unless veg gets slowed down and I get stuck in a pot for a while. I include calmag with every non-feed watering through the end of stretch. After that, I include mag sulfur with every non-feed watering. Just what's worked for me.

I'm not a fan of fixed feeding schedules. They tend to over-feed early, and under-feed late.

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

More info on my grow conditions. The plants are in my basement next to the furnace. The temp in there when the lights are on is around 80 degrees. The humidity is at 33%. I need to buy a humidifier I assume. It is a 4x4 tent. The plants are on the floor sitting on 3/4" foam insulation.

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

no need to buy a humidifier . Only if your lower then 15 % , Your nose will get dry and hurt at that point . Just boil some water done ,
Or mist a spray bottle . Spill water on the floor . No need to burn money on a mold making machine .
Hit ebay .Buy a cheap PPM meter . Mix your nutrients . You can easily measure the ppm per grow stage . Meter is about 25 30 bucks tops.
I would not measure the calmag . Just follow cal mag directions its almost impossible to give to much of it .

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

Some more info. I live in the country. We have well water. We also have a water softener so sodium is in the water. I just purchased a Brita because I cannot have the sodium because of my blood pressure. I am thinking I am going to filter the water for the plants as well as myself. Do you guys filter your water?

N

Natep

I use a carbon filter for a RV. This only removes chlorine from the water. You probably ly do not have chlorine because of your well. Do you have any place you can pull water before the softener?

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

I use a carbon filter for a RV. This only removes chlorine from the water. You probably ly do not have chlorine because of your well. Do you have any place you can pull water before the softener?
No, unfortunately.

Top Bottom