Any Suggestions On The Best Drip Emitters To Use?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Just starting a new grow and I'm not happy with my present drippers , that get clogged to far to much.
Suggestions

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Use dripklean maybe? It's an additive that helps keep the nozzles clear....

I like the Blumats myself....

What are you using for nutes?

mancdank

mancdank

I use a pre filter that catches any bits and give it a little wash everytime I fill the res with the hose I also use enzymes that deal with the dead root and also clean the lines but other than that ive just been using the standard blue spike type and had no problems with any sort of blockages

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Get a disk filter installed in your main irrigation line.i have a netafim that works great. Check on it if your flow rate slows or once a week. Mesh filters clog super quick.

Pressure compensating drip emitters work well, I use 2gph and 1/2 gph depending on the application. You can get self-cleanin ones (Jain brand click tif)

Edit: most good drip emitter manufacturers will say what mesh size your filter needs to be to avoid clogging.

mancdank

mancdank

Get a disk filter installed in your main irrigation line.i have a netafim that works great. Check on it if your flow rate slows or once a week. Mesh filters clog super quick.

Pressure compensating drip emitters work well, I use 2gph and 1/2 gph depending on the application. You can get self-cleanin ones (Jain brand click tif)
Are them the 1s that split it into 5 ? and if it is what size pump are u needing for how pots

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Are them the 1s that split it into 5 ? and if it is what size pump are u needing for how pots

Nope, I'm referring to one of these:

And my pump is a little giant 5-msp. Those things are bulletproof

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

netafims! 0.5gph for RW or the 3.2L/hr for coco work the best. the 3.2L's are a bit much in feeding unless you have your inline pump pressure set to a certain psi for the run.

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

Used countless types of drippers and the best I have used and only ones i use now are the Ceta PC emitters. If they get clogged just unscrew and clean and good as new. https://www.dripworks.com/ceta-pc-emitters-antelco

I used to have slime issues on every dripper as well. Vegbloom showed me the bottled nutrient industry does come sometimes contaminated from fresh bottles. This was not said by any employee or rep for them, just from me having 0 clogs after switching from h&g to canna to back to h&g and then finally trying VB because I still love H&G with some additives removed and other supplemented by different companies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom