Any thoughts on this organic grow plan i want to try?

• Thread starter thehighguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thehighguy

thehighguy

Im going to do a gorilla grow next year. 40 plants. I want to run Gaia Green all purpose (4-4-4) for vegging and Gaia green power bloom (2-8-4) for flowering. Im also adding dry bulk kelp for micros, likely as a soil amendment when i transplant. langbeinite for boosting K, Mg during flowering. Thoughts? suggestions? Anyone try a grow like this?
On a side note should i skip the power bloom and use langbeinite(0-0-22) and whole fish meal (4-12-0)?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I use Gaia Green AP and PB and like both. I am not familiar with the other nutrients you mentioned. I supplement with Azomite, gypsum and Epsom salt during nearly the whole grow. I use either Mykos or Great White for the rhizosphere. So, I can advise about the supplements I do use. It also can be helpful to talk about soil amendments like perlite, etc.

P

PahPahCee

Sounds like a good plan. I have great success with a similar regime but with Dr Earth as my dry fertilizer (dr earth is cheaper for me than Gaia). I also use langbenite.

My starting soil is loaded with a lot of stuff so like lovegrowingit said maybe some rock dust (I like basalt) and gypsum will be a good addition.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

You could easily top dress with Dr Earth Bud and Bloom. About the time they start flowering.

thehighguy

thehighguy

I use Gaia Green AP and PB and like both. I am not familiar with the other nutrients you mentioned. I supplement with Azomite, gypsum and Epsom salt during nearly the whole grow. I use either Mykos or Great White for the rhizosphere. So, I can advise about the supplements I do use. It also can be helpful to talk about soil amendments like perlite, etc.
Thanks for the reply! I went with, basalt rock dust, organic fish bone meal, and potash (langbeinite) for my booster amendments. That way i get a good hit of micros as well as N-P-K. Your reply got me thinking micros!! I found a cheap source on amazon for all the products... 5lbs of potash for 24$ cad... etc. Do you think mycorrhizal inoculant is important outside? They will be on a clearing near a creek bed. The soil has never been touched. Their should be lots of native species of beneficial microbes. Do you have any thoughts on adding superthrive to a tea? I was thinking 1/2 recommended superthrive dose, worm castings, compost or manure and molasses in rain water for my tea.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Thanks for the reply! I went with, basalt rock dust, organic fish bone meal, and potash (langbeinite) for my booster amendments. That way i get a good hit of micros as well as N-P-K. Your reply got me thinking micros!! I found a cheap source on amazon for all the products... 5lbs of potash for 24$ cad... etc. Do you think mycorrhizal inoculant is important outside? They will be on a clearing near a creek bed. The soil has never been touched. Their should be lots of native species of beneficial microbes. Do you have any thoughts on adding superthrive to a tea? I was thinking 1/2 recommended superthrive dose, worm castings, compost or manure and molasses in rain water for my tea.
These days, I'm a small-scale inside grower, so what you're wanting to do is beyond my recent experience. I have grown vegetable gardens, though. So, I think it would be helpful to know how you plan to prepare the soil. Do you plan to till it? Would you dig holes and add a soil mix? If it were me, I think I would prepare the soil as I would for a garden plot. Native soil tends to be tightly packed with extensive root structures from grasses and other plants. It also tends to be a home for burrowing rodents. For large scale growing like you're planning, I'd probably till the soil this fall so organics can compost during the off season and pests would look for better places to live. I did grow outside years ago, and remember fighting off slugs, deer and rippers, so some thought should go into how to defend against them.

I wonder about adding potash (which is water-soluble potassium) because the Gaia Green nutrients include potassium. I've found that Gaia Green has effective ratios of macronutrients. I don't see a need to change that. Nutrient toxicity can be a problem.

I am not familiar with superthrive. I have thought about whether adding a product like Mykos or Great White would be helpful for plants grown in natural soil. An inoculant might be helpful to reduce the effect of harmful microorganisms, but that's only a guess. These products also have specific beneficial microorganisms that probably would be helpful.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I would go with gaia for that project because it makes them low maintenance

thehighguy

thehighguy

I would go with gaia for that project because it makes them low maintenance
Gaia will be the base for the grow! I plan on amending the soil with it and using it as a top dressing in the early stages of flowering. The basalt, Fish bone meal, and potash are bud boosters essentially. Do you think thats overkill?

thehighguy

thehighguy

These days, I'm a small-scale inside grower, so what you're wanting to do is beyond my recent experience. I have grown vegetable gardens, though. So, I think it would be helpful to know how you plan to prepare the soil. Do you plan to till it? Would you dig holes and add a soil mix? If it were me, I think I would prepare the soil as I would for a garden plot. Native soil tends to be tightly packed with extensive root structures from grasses and other plants. It also tends to be a home for burrowing rodents. For large scale growing like you're planning, I'd probably till the soil this fall so organics can compost during the off season and pests would look for better places to live. I did grow outside years ago, and remember fighting off slugs, deer and rippers, so some thought should go into how to defend against them.

I wonder about adding potash (which is water-soluble potassium) because the Gaia Green nutrients include potassium. I've found that Gaia Green has effective ratios of macronutrients. I don't see a need to change that. Nutrient toxicity can be a problem.

I am not familiar with superthrive. I have thought about whether adding a product like Mykos or Great White would be helpful for plants grown in natural soil. An inoculant might be helpful to reduce the effect of harmful microorganisms, but that's only a guess. These products also have specific beneficial microorganisms that probably would be helpful.
Im not to worried about nutrient toxicity, Im usually pretty conservative with the bud boosters. the PB has low K levels for flowering. Thats my main concern. I was going to use a no till method. for example, remove a couple gallons of soil, and replace it with a plant and amended soil.
Good luck running 40 plants man!
im running it but i got help :P

Top Bottom