any threads showing how to build a MPB system

• Thread starter Recessionman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Recessionman

ive looked at the MPB shopping list and it shows u what to get.. but is there a thread that shows u step by step how to build it and how the system works? i really want to switch over and got the money to do so now.

sorry if i missed anything guys

happy growing

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

The only way that you should approach mpb's is to thoroughly read through all of the major mpb guys posts. Start with dds, then check out lost, mr. dizzle, easypleasie, coxie, the list keeps growing. All of these people's lessons learned are the real info you should seek. Just drilling holes, and routing some tubing and pipes should be the easy part.
Just my 2c. I myself have a whole world to learn about mpb methods yet, and am enjoying every minute of it.
-TF:evilgrin0013:

Y

YoungDro

The only way that you should approach mpb's is to thoroughly read through all of the major mpb guys posts. Start with dds, then check out lost, mr. dizzle, easypleasie, coxie, the list keeps growing. All of these people's lessons learned are the real info you should seek. Just drilling holes, and routing some tubing and pipes should be the easy part.
Just my 2c. I myself have a whole world to learn about mpb methods yet, and am enjoying every minute of it.
-TF:evilgrin0013:

true true im plannin on doin a 10 lighter, i dont think ill be surprised if i get 40 pounds, changing res every week inbetween changes...its all those technical details dds mentions very clearly that is the secret to success with this, its not just the mpb system, its not just the vertical lighting, its operating this grow right...

R

Recessionman

thanks guys.... i learned alot from the DIY....i wanted to know...i have 6 - 1000k lights already. how many for lights will i need for a 5 plant system? and how much will the set up run me? im starting from scratch..im still in soil.. so i i got is lights..

thanks again guys.. lots of help..

happy growing

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

4 lights minimum for 5 plants, but if you have the space, and more lights, you will only improve your yield, as long as you keep the temps in check. As far as cash, I dunno. I am sure that I am somewhere around $10k myself on similar. Obviously, there are different choices to be made on equipment and construction. Pricing may vary....

L

Lost

thanks guys.... i learned alot from the DIY....i wanted to know...i have 6 - 1000k lights already. how many for lights will i need for a 5 plant system? and how much will the set up run me? im starting from scratch..im still in soil.. so i i got is lights..

thanks again guys.. lots of help..

happy growing

You need a/c 2500
chiller 800
buckets and plumbing 800
res 150

Try and run a 4 plant 5 light setup. It seems to be the most efficient for your light and plant count. You can always throw a few coco pots in the corners if you like. My first link in my sig goes thru a 4 plant 5 light setup. Not quite how I run it now, but close enuff :)

Y

YoungDro

Personally i would do 5 lights/ 4 plants. so each for plants gets 3000 Watts

4 60 L pails=@$40= $160
.10 hp chiller=$300
co2 tank +reg $250
co2 monitor $300
2 ton a/c (Shinco) $1,100 +150 shipping=$1,250
pump for chiller $50
1800 gph mag drive pump (Feed) =$180
pump for top feed $50
drains, fittings, tubing =$75
80 watt air pump $80
inline fans, carbon filter $ 350
reverse osmosis $200
Advanced Nutrients + H&G=$600
50 Gallon Resevoir $50
70 pint dehumidifier $300 (i like the sears one)

5 light 4 plant layout +

X= plant
O=light

OXO
XOX
OXO

I would say the total cost is about $4,500-$5,500 dep on what you already have and what not, just try to have as much dialed in as you can so you don't waste money because with vertical lighting you could actually get less than overhead lighting with more plants if u dont do it right...doubleds is getting 1.5 pounds extra a plant just by using advanced nutrients and house and garden just a thought....however you want to do it tho bro

L

Lost

A 1/10 hp chiller is not going to work. You could get aweay with a 1/4 hp, but you should use a 1/3 hp.

D

DazedNconfussed

I would love to see a cross section of how an MPB works....is it just a 5 gallon bucket inside a bigger tote, with nute pumping through the bigger bucket and a bubbler in the 5 gallon pumping air? I have read many MPB threads but I dont understand how its different then a RDWC system.....

L

Lost

Click the second link in my sig, lol. :) you can use a 3.5 gallon bucket or a 8 inch netpot lid.

G

GBOOST

I would love to see a cross section of how an MPB works....is it just a 5 gallon bucket inside a bigger tote, with nute pumping through the bigger bucket and a bubbler in the 5 gallon pumping air? I have read many MPB threads but I dont understand how its different then a RDWC system.....

It IS a rdwc system. DD's methods have just laid out a specific approach to the way he did it down to the last detail and got amazing results. All the pics and information you could possibly need to understand the system are in this sub forum so get reading:happy

Ozzie

R

Recessionman

Personally i would do 5 lights/ 4 plants. so each for plants gets 3000 Watts

4 60 L pails=@$40= $160
.10 hp chiller=$300
co2 tank +reg $250
co2 monitor $300
2 ton a/c (Shinco) $1,100 +150 shipping=$1,250
pump for chiller $50
1800 gph mag drive pump (Feed) =$180
pump for top feed $50
drains, fittings, tubing =$75
80 watt air pump $80
inline fans, carbon filter $ 350
reverse osmosis $200
Advanced Nutrients + H&G=$600
50 Gallon Resevoir $50
70 pint dehumidifier $300 (i like the sears one)

5 light 4 plant layout +

X= plant
O=light

OXO
XOX
OXO

I would say the total cost is about $4,500-$5,500 dep on what you already have and what not, just try to have as much dialed in as you can so you don't waste money because with vertical lighting you could actually get less than overhead lighting with more plants if u dont do it right...doubleds is getting 1.5 pounds extra a plant just by using advanced nutrients and house and garden just a thought....however you want to do it tho bro

thanks bro, big help. may i ask. do you have your own system yourself? also. i been through DD's DIY thread. but only bout 5 or 6 pages of it..made me understand alot so far. Just wondering. when i buy all the equipment. is there a thread that really breaks it down to you..like what goes where, what is connected with what. and stuff like that? or is that in DD's thread? also. im going to do that 4 plant set up.. and im 3 weeks from harvest. so ill have money to take off. If your not too busy i would like for you to walk me thru the set up. cause it seems like you know your stuff..

thanks my brother

and everyone else on THCFARMER.. lots of help

happy growing

G

GBOOST

5-6 pages down, 5-600 to go. You need to read every page of DD's threads, as well as Easy, Coxie, Gray Beard, Dizzle and any other person on here with a grow under their belt, then start asking questions. These guys all built their system from info already here, not directed specifically at you, but don't be lazy people, do your research rather than just asking for the easy answers.

Ozzie

R

Recessionman

lol no...im not lazy.i love to read. especially bout this...if u read the topic its if theres a thread showing to how to build one..or if there was a DIY. cause i couldnt find it. than after i already posted is when i found the DIY. which than i just wanted to share that i just read 5 pages of it and it taught me alot. thats all..

K

kuz

It takes time to get through all the threads here.

Roots hanging in water with lots of turbulence, water should circulate 3-5 times each hour. Thats it in a nut shell. There must be a couple dozen threads that spell it out, and get down to the nuts and bolts of it all. Id start with everything doubled posted then look at the various modifications.

K

kuz

Here are some mind numbing details if you want to try and sift through notes I made.

Sealed room, no exhaust.

Room
30' x 25' with a 10' x 10' cut out of it for ballast, reservoir and chiller.
10 plants, 10 litre buckets in 60 liter containers.
Lights vertical
1000w bulb perfect for 3'-4' plant. Use only hortilux, no need for MH.
X O X O X O X O X O
O X O X O X O X O X 40" centers. X plant, o 1000 wlight.
A.C.
4000 btu per 1000 watt light.
Humidity
40% is the ideal. Can be higher during veg
Water flows through containers 1.5" above bottom of plant bucket.
Pumps
2 x 1800 gph pumps. 1 per 5 plants. Mag drive, in line.
750 gallon pump for drippers, 2 drippers per plant
1200 gph pump for chiller
Plumbing
Inlet - 3/4" feed line off of the pump. Tee off at every bucket, line to bucket is 1/2". 1/2" part has a shut off valve that controls the water flow. Bottom feed.
Outlet - Gravity at contain depth level. 2 per container, 3/4" - quick disconnect
Air pump
Hi blo 80 air pump
Check valve
Upstream of pump so water cant flow back through and flood in a power outage.
Electric
200 amps needed
110 amps for lights
60 amps air conditioning. York cx60.
Main Resevoir
10 to 20 gallons in main reservoir per plant
Plant Container
Wider than deep, give roots room to spread. 27 gallon tanks. 40 inch centers
Grow bucket
10" netpots in 5 gallon bucket with holes drilled in the bottom. No air between bottom of the net pot and the water level, that way plant only produces feeder roots.
Media
Hydrotron in netpot (or bucket with holes in the bottom, Sits into water only 1.5" into water. Rockwool cube starter sits above water line cover with more hydrotron.
Chiller
1/2 horsepower min.
Water
Tap 150 ppm - no RO
Nutes;
Running 1000 ppm, needs lots of light to consume necessary magnesium
Sensi bloom, bud blood, big bud, overdrive, fulvic acid, carboload. AN sensi bloom first four weeks, AN connisour last 4 weeks.
Water purity
Hydro fungicide, stops root problems before they start
Physan; controls fungus and bacteria between runs.
Strains
13 dawgz. bubba kush easy to grow. Sensi seeds hash plant. Northern lights. Black domina.
C02
, 8 burner bluox, igs 061 co2 monitor.
Veg
6" rock wool cubes. Vegged in Ebb and Flo under one 1000 watt hortilux untill Cuts are 8" tall, 6" wide. Then they are put into buckets and given 7 days before flipped to flower.
Lumen shock
One week of veg in the flower system. The shock of the intense lighting makes the side branches grow like crazy but the plant doesn’t get much bigger. Flipped to 12/12 after one week.
Weekly flush twice in weeks 5 and 6
Drain at lights out. Ph water to 6.5-6.7, run 2-10 hours, add nutes. Or Drain system weekly, flush for 2 hours with fresh water, refill and flush 4 hours. Refill add nutes.
Flush
7 days max. fans will be dried and crumpled on the floor. The more light the faster the plants shed the nutes out of their system.
Pruning
Don’t pluck fan leafs between weeks 4-7, or some say after first week of flower.
Airflow fans, scrubber.

Top Bottom