Any tips for higher yields with living soil?

• Thread starter Wyzgoski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wyzgoski

Wyzgoski

Hey there everyone! I'm currently doing my second run with Papa's Perfect Poop organic living soil and was hoping to get some tips for helping my overall grows out. I'm happy with the buds I get but ultimately desire more and wish to keep adding to my arsenal of knowledge for growing. I use PH water around 6.5, work in a 2x2 with a 100W spyderfarmer light, don't add any additional nutes to the grow or have C02 add as well. I havent tried brewing compost teas yet but have read up on them, just giving you general ideas with what I'm working with.

The areas I'm looking for the most help is the vegetative stage and getting the size to take off faster. I've vegged up to 10 weeks and still have small plants and the flower stretch left me wanting more. The density of my buds could also use some improvement with the sugar leaves taking most of the space.

Here are some of my current photos on the grow I'm doing now, Sizzurp Day 49

Any tips for higher yields with living soil
Any tips for higher yields with living soil 2
Any tips for higher yields with living soil 3
Any tips for higher yields with living soil 4
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You're going to have to supply more nutrients. You're getting light burn that wouldn't happen if enough magnesium and potassium were available. Then, I'd say, you need more light.

You might also be over defoliating, but I can't say for sure.

Recently I harvested a plant that I thought would be low yield, because it had leaves all over the place that I never got around to trimming. It was in the middle-rear of my tent. Anyway, when I harvested her, she was shockingly heavy. You might be missing the sweet spot on defoliation by a bit, is my point.

Wyzgoski

Wyzgoski

How many weeks veg on that plant? Looks like you are using the net but not letting it fill out first. Wondering if the light is enough for that space
it was the light that came with the kit, do you have any other lights you could suggest for a 2x2? I let the plant veg for about 8-10 weeks and flipped once they filled out the nets.

Wyzgoski

Wyzgoski

You're going to have to supply more nutrients. You're getting light burn that wouldn't happen if enough magnesium and potassium were available. Then, I'd say, you need more light.

You might also be over defoliating, but I can't say for sure.

Recently I harvested a plant that I thought would be low yield, because it had leaves all over the place that I never got around to trimming. It was in the middle-rear of my tent. Anyway, when I harvested her, she was shockingly heavy. You might be missing the sweet spot on defoliation by a bit, is my point.
When do you typically like to defoliate? I do about one before I flip leaves and lollipopping then i do 2 deleafs during flower at the 20th and 40th day. I will be looking to add more organic dry amendments, do you have any suggestions on that for brands?

Wyzgoski

Wyzgoski

Yeah I mean more plants to fill the tent faster would be best. more nutrients. more light if you can get another one.
It's only a 2x2 so I dont have much room, I honestly dont know if I could do 2 plants at once but I could always try the next grow!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Unfortunately you cannot get organic living soil out of a bag. Growing organic requires real living soil made from leaves grass and compost. If you collect wild leaf mold, mix in compost and let it age covered outdoors you will really have something. As the soil ages you can multiply the microbial life in the soil buy a factor of thousands buy adding Jadam Microbial solution / JMS. This is how you super charge your soil. Then feeding the microbial life real liquid fertilizer rather than chemical mixes. You can also make chicken poo JMS for added nitrogen. Wood ash water for minerals, Urea for added nitrogen. Fish fertilizer and many other natural soil amendments to help your plants thrive. It's all explained in detail bellow. If you are going to grow organic in a tent your going to need a much larger pot so the microbial life is abundant enough to sustain a larger plant.

This is a great link on Organic gardening. You should be able to put it all together. I make JMS 1 L at a time once a week rather than a 20L bucket.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/growing-organic-buy-nate-growing-like-a-viking.147687/

Please take the time to watch all of the videos linked and then some. You will soon be able to grow real organic plants in real live organic soil.
All the best. Ron

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

It's only a 2x2 so I dont have much room, I honestly dont know if I could do 2 plants at once but I could always try the next grow!
2 maybe 4 in smaller pots will give you better light coverage and better yeild also i find soil is hard to get big yeild compere to coco etc i find repotting just before flower helps quit a bit for yeild also organic pk boosters and having a Good fade in last week flower

strider26554

strider26554

I grow exclusively in soil, indoor and out, and to increase yield you need to build your soil from the ground up, i didn't hear you say anything about lime or any additional magnesium and trace nutrients, all of these are vital for getting the most out of your lighting and the strain you are growing, my vegetative growth is explosive and sometimes happens too fast. Another point, i use hid lighting, ceramic MH for veg and both the MH and HPS for flower, i have an issue with leds, I know i will get chased out of here with billy clubs and rotten eggs for saying this but here goes, I don't get the yield i like with leds, full stop. ****runs for cover and hides till the fallout blows over.

Wyzgoski

Wyzgoski

Thank you so much! I knew buying out of the bag isn't going to be the best way, that's why I try to do at least local options for it. I will look into the link that you sent tonight!
Unfortunately you cannot get organic living soil out of a bag. Growing organic requires real living soil made from leaves grass and compost. If you collect wild leaf mold, mix in compost and let it age covered outdoors you will really have something. As the soil ages you can multiply the microbial life in the soil buy a factor of thousands buy adding Jadam Microbial solution / JMS. This is how you super charge your soil. Then feeding the microbial life real liquid fertilizer rather than chemical mixes. You can also make chicken poo JMS for added nitrogen. Wood ash water for minerals, Urea for added nitrogen. Fish fertilizer and many other natural soil amendments to help your plants thrive. It's all explained in detail bellow. If you are going to grow organic in a tent your going to need a much larger pot so the microbial life is abundant enough to sustain a larger plant.

This is a great link on Organic gardening. You should be able to put it all together. I make JMS 1 L at a time once a week rather than a 20L bucket.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/growing-organic-buy-nate-growing-like-a-viking.147687/

Please take the time to watch all of the videos linked and then some. You will soon be able to grow real organic plants in real live organic soil.
All the best. Ron

Wyzgoski

Wyzgoski

I grow exclusively in soil, indoor and out, and to increase yield you need to build your soil from the ground up, i didn't hear you say anything about lime or any additional magnesium and trace nutrients, all of these are vital for getting the most out of your lighting and the strain you are growing, my vegetative growth is explosive and sometimes happens too fast. Another point, i use hid lighting, ceramic MH for veg and both the MH and HPS for flower, i have an issue with leds, I know i will get chased out of here with billy clubs and rotten eggs for saying this but here goes, I don't get the yield i like with leds, full stop. ****runs for cover and hides till the fallout blows over.
I will look into all of those lighting options and the nutrients you mentioned!

Top Bottom