SF2000 about 18" above at 75% power
•Inline fan at 55% speed
•2 AC Infinity fans at speed 4/10
Happy Frog Soil in 5 gallon grow bags
•Lotus fertilizer, 2 tsp per gallon, ph 6.0
•Temp stable 70-78 F° Humidity 50-60%
•Transplantee clones yesterday around 4 p.m
•Watered after transplant to moisten soil

Is the slight wilting normal? Any tips or advice helps and is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
DJ
Any tips help
Any tips help 2
Any tips help 3
Any tips help 4

Islandgrows

Islandgrows

I really don’t think it have it figured out yet. But learning how to water correctly has been my biggest challenge.
How well were the rootballs established ? Were they disturbed when transplanting?
It is not needed to wet the entire medium especially if the rootball was not the best.
Next watering water in a circle a bit outside of the transplanted plants rootball to make roots search for water . Everytime go further to the edge . Then you can do a complete watering to gauge how long it takes to dry out.

BB22

BB22

Hey, I’m a noob, but I have harvested some plants. There will be people that will chime in, much more experienced than me.

If you’re growing in pots, you need to satiraterare the whole medium.

Roots won’t grow into dry soil.

Like I said get all the soil wet.

I hope this helps 👍

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Is the slight wilting normal?
It can be. They tend to wilt slightly near the end of the lights-on period. Wilt after transplanting can happen, too. Another possible cause is watering too frequently. Do you have a soil moisture meter? The light may also be too intense for young plants.

I suggest not watering for a few days and setting the light below 50% and raising it up to 20 to 24 inches.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What's up guys, just got a new indoor grow tent and need some advice. Setup is
•spiderfarm 2×4 tent
•Inline fan at 55% speed

Is the slight wilting normal? Any tips or advice helps and is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
DJView attachment 1977477View attachment 1977478View attachment 1977479View attachment 1977480
Hi, welcome to the farm...this statment of yours has me wondering how you prepared the soil prior to transplanting......."Watered after transplant to moisten soil".................

The soil should be wet when transplanting into it....Roots don't grow into dry soil...they search for water,,,,You're in such a big pot now saturating them it will take a week to dry out enough to water/feed again........

I find it easier to transplant up in stages , solo cup to 1 gal - 3 gal - 5 gal then I saturate the soil when I water or feed....The soil should be pre moistened before adding it to the pots.......

In a large tub I add my promix and additives mix it all up break it apart and water it so its all damp then add to the pots. Create a hole for the plant, put plant in hole fill in pot with soil, then water or feed as needed to saturate the soil and seat the plant in its new home, add more wet soil to fill in any gaps after watering......and continue growing

DJK12

DJK12

Hi, welcome to the farm...this statment of yours has me wondering how you prepared the soil prior to transplanting......."Watered after transplant to moisten soil".................

The soil should be wet when transplanting into it....Roots don't grow into dry soil...they search for water,,,,You're in such a big pot now saturating them it will take a week to dry out enough to water/feed again........

I find it easier to transplant up in stages , solo cup to 1 gal - 3 gal - 5 gal then I saturate the soil when I water or feed....The soil should be pre moistened before adding it to the pots.......

In a large tub I add my promix and additives mix it all up break it apart and water it so its all damp then add to the pots. Create a hole for the plant, put plant in hole fill in pot with soil, then water or feed as needed to saturate the soil and seat the plant in its new home, add more wet soil to fill in any gaps after watering......and continue growing
Awesome man! They're doing damn good now thankfully, but definitely a learning curve. Appreciate all the help and advice and won't disappoint you guys again 😔
Aside from that if there's any more tips you don't mind shooting out, I'm all ears.

growsince79

growsince79

What's up guys, just got a new indoor grow tent and need some advice. Setup is
•spiderfarm 2×4 tent
•Inline fan at 55% speed

Thanks in advance!
DJView attachment 1977477View attachment 1977478View attachment 1977479View attachment 1977480
Back off the light.

DJK12

DJK12

Took your guy's accumulated advice for the most part.

•Backed the light off to about 30 inches and lowered to 50% power
•Letting medium dry out before watering

New plant on the bottom right was done the way I should have started, also grown from seed instead of clone.They perked up quite a bit a day or two after the original post, but I am now letting the soil dry out quite a bit before watering to dial in the schedule. Would love to top the plants, but am definitely going to wait until they are healthy enough for the stress.

20230509 125635
20230509 125645
20230509 125659
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Took your guy's accumulated advice for the most part.

•Backed the light off to about 30 inches and lowered to 50% power
•Letting medium dry out before watering

New plant on the bottom right was done the way I should have started, also grown from seed instead of clone.They perked up quite a bit a day or two after the original post, but I am now letting the soil dry out quite a bit before watering to dial in the schedule. Would love to top the plants, but am definitely going to wait until they are healthy enough for the stress.
If you see them wilt or sag like they're dying ( lol ) water you may see damp soil but if the plants give you a hint...take it

B

BudgetGrower

Looking at the plants, there very stretched, so you using 18w per ft2 and the led is 18" above the canopy, I would lift the 2 plants each side a good 4-6" because the led does not spread the light even, weak at the sides strong in the center, the plants are stretching for the light.
best practice, you drop a plant in a bucket of water for a good 5 minutes before potting up into dry compost, the dry compost will soak up some of the water and the roots will follow the water, few days later you can water again.
I would top the plants, (cut them in half) turn the light up to 100% and drop the light 2-3"

DJK12

DJK12

Update:

Got a hang of watering, a soil moisture meter definitely helps. The upper left plant when I had bought it definitely wasn't the best clone, but I made do somehow. Guess I always thought what makes a good farmer is not having problems, but that's not necessarily true. What makes a farmer good is, of course, taking precautions to prevent but when a problem occurs (and I'm assuming happens quite often) they know how to fix it right away or even spot it before happening. Definitely learning and appreciate all the help so far, going to top my monster in the back soon and try to clone her.

20230518 125825
20230518 125830
20230518 125856
DJK12

DJK12

1st week of flower, day 3. 5/26/23
• Went ahead and inoculated the plants with mycorrhizal fungi, I know I'm pretty late I just barely found out about the stuff

•Been keeping up with keeping the 1/3rd rule up, but can definitely be doing better.

Next time gonna go ahead and stick with just four plants lol

20230529 092801
20230529 092749
20230529 092859
DJK12

DJK12

Starting week 4 of flower tomorrow morning, been hitting them with "Natural Growers Recharge" and the Lotus Nutrients Bloom, Cal-Mag, and Boost.
Temp stable at 72 night, to 78 during lights on. Humidity stable at 50% and VPD stable at 1.1 during lights out and 1.5 with lights on.
Upgraded the ventilation from a spiderfarmer 4" inline to an AC infinity 6" and the difference is night and day. Going to dial back on nutrients due to the microbes increasing the uptake of nutes to the plant so no need to burn her. Really want to test the ppfd of this evo6 light, but hopefully I get around to it tonight.

Outdoor update
Currently have one Cheetah Piss and one Wedding Cake going outdoor. Probably been going since early April if I remember right, damn spot where I planted them initially didn't receive enough light so they began to flower for about 2 weeks then reverted back to veg and all potential bud sites have opened and sprouted a ton of mutant leaves and I couldn't be happier that the whole plant just didn't go to hell lol, fucken pests are annoying though (thrips, spidermites and aphids and when they were younger.. fucken cats!)
All good now though, anyways that's my update for the time being. Basically justtttt talking to myself 👽

20230613 120713

Latest posts

Top Bottom