Any tricks getting Master Kush to root??

• Thread starter BCrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCrocker

BCrocker

Having issues with gettig MK's cuts to root! 90% success rate with other strains, but for some reason this strain just won't root! Anyone else having this same issue?

T

TreFarmer

Having issues with gettig MK's cuts to root! 90% success rate with other strains, but for some reason this strain just won't root! Anyone else having this same issue?

My Katsu cut Bubba is the same way. I was hating clone day! I figured that they just take longer cause they are just hardy. What I tried was, shaving the stem back through the outer cambium and floum (sp?) My idea on this was that the outter stem is tough and maybe too thick and make it difficult for cuttings to root. This is the same durability that allowed them to thrive in harsh mountainous climate. Oh, and letting my bubbas almost wilt once at 13-14 days almost forces them to root. It seems the wetter they stay the longer they take. I've had Bubbas sit for 25-30 days with no roots, then when I gave up and let them almost die and dry out, I felt bad and watered them and they popped roots that day. They take a few days longer but I now get 95% or better on my bubba. The ones that don't make it just didn't root in time so they get pulled. They always have rootstarts just didn't keep up with the rest. Hope you find some useful info to make gardening MORE pleasurable. Is that possible? :)

BCrocker

BCrocker

My Katsu cut Bubba is the same way. I was hating clone day! I figured that they just take longer cause they are just hardy. What I tried was, shaving the stem back through the outer cambium and floum (sp?) My idea on this was that the outter stem is tough and maybe too thick and make it difficult for cuttings to root. This is the same durability that allowed them to thrive in harsh mountainous climate. Oh, and letting my bubbas almost wilt once at 13-14 days almost forces them to root. It seems the wetter they stay the longer they take. I've had Bubbas sit for 25-30 days with no roots, then when I gave up and let them almost die and dry out, I felt bad and watered them and they popped roots that day. They take a few days longer but I now get 95% or better on my bubba. The ones that don't make it just didn't root in time so they get pulled. They always have rootstarts just didn't keep up with the rest. Hope you find some useful info to make gardening MORE pleasurable. Is that possible? :)

Great info here, I will try this!

M

moonie

Do you know which master you have? SoCal Master, highrise, hindu x hindu?
The real Master, hindu x hindu has always been a good one to me, almost dont have to use gel or anything it just roots, cube, soil, whatever, it just roots. Water the cube as if it were soil, like stated let it dry out almost then water it and spray the cutting.

M

MMRC Grower

Buy an EZ-Cloner. If they dont root with one of those, then your screwed.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Build an aero cloner and make sure your humidity isn't too low 45-50% is a good number... Use straight water with no additives ph'd around 5.5 or so... They will root

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Make sure youre not drowning those suckers. If youre rocking an EZ make sure you have the pump turn off for periods of time to let the stems breath for a second. That and your pump will cool off keeping your h2o a bit cooler. Most of my kush strains seem to respond better when i go this route

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Make sure youre not drowning those suckers. If youre rocking an EZ make sure you have the pump turn off for periods of time to let the stems breath for a second. That and your pump will cool off keeping your h2o a bit cooler. Most of my kush strains seem to respond better when i go this route

Really everybody I know including myself run their cloners 24/7... I've had clones fail to root doing it your way... It's the only time I didn't get 100% is when it was on a timer... To each their own though it's worth a shot.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Really everybody I know including myself run their cloners 24/7... I've had clones fail to root doing it your way... It's the only time I didn't get 100% is when it was on a timer... To each their own though it's worth a shot.

You get 100% every time! You should buy a lottery ticket mang!

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Yessir look at my journal my cloner consists of a 20gal black bucket a 400gph pump attached to a sprinkler head that runs 24/7... I haven't lost one yet :) I been doing this for a long time too. My room stays around 77 and rh is about 45-50% I use just straight water no clonex or anything else... And I have played the lotto my luck ain't as good with that lol.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Well then Powerball! lol I get great numbers but i know ive lost at least one over the 20+ years ive been doing it. More power to ya

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Well then Powerball! lol I get great numbers but i know ive lost at least one over the 20+ years ive been doing it. More power to ya

I have better luck with scratch offs rofl and I never lost one yet but I always lift up my neoprene pucks and make sure there is water flying hardcore around that spot. I never drop clones in random spots I always make sure they are in the gun line so to speak. If I do lose one it's cuz I threw it out after I picked the winners out of the bunch. I'm sure my day will come but I'm doing good so far.

jyip

jyip

anybody got any winning powerball numbers they wanna pass off to me?? I'm kinda strugglin with this Obama economy n shit and could use a nice lil 100 million booster of cold cash ya know? thx again

oh good luck w/clones,, sounds lik ya got it figured out now....

Latest posts

Top Bottom