Any wax users?

• Thread starter KushMonster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KushMonster

First off I'm not a heavy user by any means, just occasional bi weekly treatment for hypertension and sleep aid. I started off with the typical indica or hybrid strains, but I was able to access some of this 'wax' looking substance from a buddy of mine.

I'm sure there are different process to create it, he just took some of the shake I had from my last crop, and literally did some test tube type of process to generate a condensed lithium grease looking substance.

Of course it had more potency, but I was surprised to feel that no matter what batch of shake/trim, the wax always gave off more of a sativa stimulant effects. I've been mixing a dab of wax on top of some OG Kush to get the desire relief I needed, just wondering if others recommend this, or have had good experience with it?

Also another patient told me that inhaling wax other than vaporizing could be more harmful than smoking a typical bud... not sure what to think about that.

jagle

jagle

Also another patient told me that inhaling wax other than vaporizing could be more harmful than smoking a typical bud... not sure what to think about that.

what he means by that id say is the process involves compressing bud into a tube, and running butane from a pressurized can through the bud, an oily substance drains out the bottom, this contains the thc dissolved but also butane, the butane must be burnt off properly if not is can remain in the extract and so be harmful. if done properly it isnt anything to worry about.

there are plenty of guides here to do the process yourself if you should wish.

Of course it had more potency, but I was surprised to feel that no matter what batch of shake/trim, the wax always gave off more of a sativa stimulant effects. I've been mixing a dab of wax on top of some OG Kush to get the desire relief I needed, just wondering if others recommend this, or have had good experience with it?

unfortunately i havent had the pleasure of using wax of bho oil myself. Id say it comes fown to strenght, bho is often made with bud, and an oz of bud might only yeild 8- 12 grams of wax ( so i think anyway, my estimate on the weight might be off) but the point is, you get little but very high strength.

perhaps try using pure bud from the next grow?

B

Bigcorners

I'm sure there are different process to create it, he just took some of the shake I had from my last crop, and literally did some test tube type of process to generate a condensed lithium grease looking substance.

Yup one of the most popular, like jagle mentioned is BHO (butane honey oil) the one you witnessed, another popular way is with ISO oil(isopropyl alcohol)

As far as BHO goes as you already know it packs a punch most BHO will test in the 40-70% total thc range. It is rather easy to make just be smart never do it inside, and never around a open flame. BHO can come out different colors and consistency depending on the strain used. As with most concentrates, the type of bud let it be shake/trim/buds/fire/keif can also greatly change its potency and yield. with trim/shake it a Oz will only yield a meager 3-5grams, buds/kief will do alot better at a respectable 5-13 gram yeild, so what goes in really does matter on what the return is!

After your first run u will see that the BHO still has a decent amount butane trapped inside and the key is PURGING. Any proper wax/oil/budder will be properly purged and will taste delicious! The 2 most common methods is heat purging ,bring your oil to a temp in the 150 range (on a hotplate or oven, NO PROPANE OVEN OR STOVE) and it will ex-spell all the butane hidden away making it clean! and the 2nd method is Vacuum purge that uses suction to pull the butane out.

I've been mixing a dab of wax on top of some OG Kush to get the desire relief I needed, just wondering if others recommend this, or have had good experience with it?
Thats a great way to enjoy your wax! there really is not a bad way to do it as long as its not getting wasted! a very popular way to enjoy just your wax is a nail, or skillet. its the most efficient, but trust me once you dab you may never go back to buds :p

This is a sham dont listen to them :) wax that is properly purged and has zero butane, will infact in the long run be much better now let me explain...

When smoking typical bud, your smoking alot more then just the thc. Majority of the smoke is plant material ex leaf, chlorophyll, etc.. not to mention butane if u use a lighter. lets not forget if the grower was using chemicals or bug killer or whatever that all ends up in the smoke but the THC is still there and u get medicated from that.
Now looking at Wax.. wax is essentially the THC and a very small amount of plant matter, so in turn its just getting you medicated, your not smoking plant matter or leaf, so its alot cleaner. Like a person like me i smoke mainly wax/oil and i can say i can feel my lungs are thanking my, i usually would smoke 4-6 times a day of bud ( i did have a high tolerance) but when using wax and my nail i smoke 3 times a day and get really really medicated so in turn i have cut back my smoke inhalation by 50% and don't have to worry about smoking leafs, powdery mildew or whatever else might be hiding out of sight.

happy medicating,
-BC

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Wax/Budder/Goo r all great stuff 2 smoke.. It's the best way 2 smoke cuz it's pure THC with no middle man.. I got some mega bomb WiFi #1 Goo that hits like a strong indica but my girl smokes it & gets energized & wants 2 clean the house.. It will hit everybody a Lil different but if u smoke 2 much it don't matter who u r it will put u on ur ass... TKO

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Wax/Budder/Goo r all great stuff 2 smoke.. It's the best way 2 smoke cuz it's pure THC with no middle man.. I got some mega bomb WiFi #1 Goo that hits like a strong indica but my girl smokes it & gets energized & wants 2 clean the house.. It will hit everybody a Lil different but if u smoke 2 much it don't matter who u r it will put u on ur ass... TKO

Its about the only thing that will do that any more... :cool:

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

IMO it's real medicine. I've watched wax give people instant relief from terrible pain. The hard part is finding the right application method. It can be rather harsh on the lungs, and I see way to many people hitting dabs on red hot titanium nails. I like to let the nail cool a bit, makes for smoother intake.

Cant' wait to try some Star Dawg, Harlequin, & WIFI dabs. nom nom nom

onisdad

onisdad

Its about the only thing that will do that any more... :cool:
I have to agree with nangonug and Bigcorners. Once you start using wax or bho oil or any concentrate, its a dance with the devil so that its hard to go back to just smoking bud alone. I pretty much have to have oil on every hit I take or it isn't going to satisfy me.
A nice thing about the wax and oil is that the solvents used in the process of making them will kill/dissolve any mold,spores or mildew that may have formed on the plant matter. Some commercial growers i know will recover from devastating mildew/bud rot by turning the whole harvest into a bho oil.;)

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Over the years that wax has become popular I see the regular users become thinner and unhealthy, like vegans on crack. Since it takes hotter temps to burn it is very harsh on my lungs. Since it is missing the plant material I never feel satisfiyed after a smoke and just end up going back to flowers. Not to mention the headache I get when I smoke it. But that is my pesonal experience. I never have these problems when I smoke bubble so maybe I just like things clean.

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

People are long past using straight nuggs for bho. Me and my homies run our nuggs for kief and bubble, then runnin butane through that. The end product is often well over 40% im almost positive. Shits intense. Ill never leave bud behind though. Even when smoking good bho everyday, i still sit down and twist one up. Dont matter who you are, a 2 gram j of properly handled meds will at least score me a headchange.

vaporedout

vaporedout

Over the years that wax has become popular I see the regular users become thinner and unhealthy, like vegans on crack.
i dont think thats wax....... maybe theyre not just smokin that

OGONLY

OGONLY

I've been a connisuer of killer BHO for a little while now but I still like my flowers. I rotate freely between both throughout the day. I don't like to top my bowls of flowers with it because it seems to make the hit way too lungbusting powerful and ruins the taste of both in my opinion. I'm all about treating my body right, not trying to bust a lung or anything. Don't get me wrong I take some huge dabs on my Ti nail and dome set up.

I feel that dabs on a nail or skillet are much healthier than smoking flowers through even the best bongs. A first timer or someone who is not used to dabs will have a coughing reaction to even a small dab because its foreign to their lungs. This reaction goes away after a few days of dabbing and pretty soon they can do huge dabs without even feeling it. Its just like when you take your first ever good bong hit, you cough your lungs out.

Here are a few pics of some bubble and BHO done recently. I posted these already in Blaze's bubble thread but here they are again. The bubble is from WIFI and White Master super fine trim. The BHO is from straight (better than popcorn) buds. There is WIFI on the left, White Urkle/ White Dawg middle and Guava 13 on the right. All were purged for 3 hours at 140-150 degrees. After curing 10 or so days all 3 taste exactly like the plants smell.

BHO 003
Bub 003

Top Bottom