Any1 Had Sssc-beatrix Choice M27 ?

• Thread starter pitch_black
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
usstoner

usstoner

I do remember that strain...said it had a trippy high...I ordered Friesland. indica from them and nl5/sk1. from the seed bank...the good old days...nice run.

Old Detroit

Old Detroit

20160324 164503
Here's the Beatrice image. Start of week three.

Matt8800

Matt8800

I have just successfully germinated 3 seeds of genuine Beatrice Choice from my original stock dating back to 1988-89. I obtained them from the SSSC directly in 1988-89 season.
She was grown outdoors by me again in 1993, and as a sort of lark I hauled these
seeds out from freeze and said why not?
So 3 of 4 have sprouted & are planted now.
Very hardy seedlings, surprising for such
elderly seed. Proves to me once again the
importance of keeping seeds in freeze over
the decades.
This strain was as potent and tasty as anything around now. Never forgot it.
A great gift to an old grower.
Will keep interested folks updated as they grow and yes, I intend to seed if I am blessed with both sexes.. Definitely a must-do breeding project..

That's cool. I was sent 20 seeds of Beatrice Choice from an old grower that just did a seed run from an old pack he had frozen too. Never heard of the strain but when I googled it, sounds like a lot of people really liked it. If its good, I'm going to make seeds.

I

Ickystckystanky

Okay I have been after Beatrix choice for a long time. I will pay for seeds! Please let me know how this strain turned out and let me know if I could get some seeds. Thanks!

Old Detroit

Old Detroit

Okay I have been after Beatrix choice for a long time. I will pay for seeds! Please let me know how this strain turned out and let me know if I could get some seeds. Thanks!
I made seeds of my best girl and the boy I got. A very sativa look, but nice dense flowers that start out worryingly small and then fill out nicely. About 8 weeks to early finish and best to leave for 9.
Seeds are being produced from another cross at the moment, I'm told.
I have a few pure-bred seeds left in freeze for further work ahead .
I'll post when seeds come from our crossing work. Glad to hear of your interest in this great old heirloom from SSSC!
Good growing to you.

BlackBart

BlackBart

She is one of the better ones to preserve . The taste is very unique and the high is very up and euphoric from what I remember

william76

william76

I made seeds of my best girl and the boy I got. A very sativa look, but nice dense flowers that start out worryingly small and then fill out nicely. About 8 weeks to early finish and best to leave for 9.
Seeds are being produced from another cross at the moment, I'm told.
I have a few pure-bred seeds left in freeze for further work ahead .
I'll post when seeds come from our crossing work. Glad to hear of your interest in this great old heirloom from SSSC!
Good growing to you.
Where can i get some of these?will they be on the bay at all,great if more folk would do more of these type projects,were losing strains daily!76

A

achonictoker

I made this account just to post this because I find it to be extremely important. You absolutely have to preserve this, this bud is a testament to the bud of old being just as potent as what they have today. I guarantee you there would be seed banks and dispensaries alike that would pay top dollar to stock this seed or strain, it's an old favorite that people have been unable to find for over a decade. I've smoked a HUGE NUMBER of the strains from today Green Crack, Gorilla glue, GSC, Northern Lights, Durban Poison, Blue Dream, countless Kush and Skunk strains, nearly anything you could name and beyond, and I've found nothing that compared to that of Beatrice Choice. Now it could just be nostalgia, considering I haven't had it since the late 80's, but IIRC (and I'd like to think I do) then this is by far my favorite and wish I could still find it.

Granted I'm not in a place where it's legal to grow, but I do plan on moving in the next year or two to somewhere I can, and when I do I'd love to know I could get some of these. I had no idea that it was practically extinct, but rather just thought it wasn't around these parts. That is until I googled it today. PLEASE I cannot emphasize enough you HAVE to revive this beauty. Sell this to the dispensaries so it can be preserved.

Old Detroit

Old Detroit

I made this account just to post this because I find it to be extremely important. You absolutely have to preserve this, this bud is a testament to the bud of old being just as potent as what they have today. I guarantee you there would be seed banks and dispensaries alike that would pay top dollar to stock this seed or strain, it's an old favorite that people have been unable to find for over a decade. I've smoked a HUGE NUMBER of the strains from today Green Crack, Gorilla glue, GSC, Northern Lights, Durban Poison, Blue Dream, countless Kush and Skunk strains, nearly anything you could name and beyond, and I've found nothing that compared to that of Beatrice Choice. Now it could just be nostalgia, considering I haven't had it since the late 80's, but IIRC (and I'd like to think I do) then this is by far my favorite and wish I could still find it.

Granted I'm not in a place where it's legal to grow, but I do plan on moving in the next year or two to somewhere I can, and when I do I'd love to know I could get some of these. I had no idea that it was practically extinct, but rather just thought it wasn't around these parts. That is until I googled it today. PLEASE I cannot emphasize enough you HAVE to revive this beauty. Sell this to the dispensaries so it can be preserved.
It is gratifying to know that there are people who are aware & care about rare cannabis genetics as you do! I had the sense and good fortune to aquire several of the original strain lines from SSSC decades ago.
I kept these seeds in a freezer and 5 years ago began to try and revive some of them
Both the Beatrice and the South African/ Haze have been successful. Not so with the Afghan Khyber Creeper, they were all dead.
But yes, the Beatrice is a fine old pretty pure sativa by my observation and fast too by any day or standard for such an 80/20 sativa plant.
And yes, she and many of the " Old " strains are every bit as hard-hitting & satisfying as any of today's " Super " strains. More character as well, like unusual wines or cheeses. These strains haven't been endlessly worked and re-worked. They are almost wild by today's standards. But those early breeders were no slouches, the few seeds of each I had to work with were amazingly consistent and produced almost identical plants. I made one generation back-cross of each strain to produce new breeding stock.
The Beatrice takes about 9 weeksĂ— to finish, has a fruity/hashy flavor and up sativa high.
A fine old smoke, but don't over-remember your hard-drive memories...
She is special and I certainly don't regret doing the work to revive her, but I'd be lying to say she is " the best " or " the finest ".
In 1987 when I bought the seeds, no doubt Beatrice was semi--unique! But then so was my completely functional nft Hydro garden with co2 and all amenities...so much so it remained a deeply hidden secret in those days.
If you are still interested in getting seeds next year, stay in touch here. Also for your consideration check out my new M2 strain listed on elevat8 seeds. Recently released, it is an ultimate old-school purely landrace sativa partly composed of the SSSC South African sativa. I'm very proud of this plant.
I invite you to check it out!
Meanwhile, my associates there are also continuing to work with the Beatrice as well.
No public release as yet, but I can get you seeds come the time..
Good luck and thanks for your kind interest.

Old Detroit

Old Detroit

Hi there!
Yes, I have Beatrice Choice seeds in my stock.
Carefully stored in my freezer to keep them fresh.
I'd be happy to provide seeds to you to continue the work on this girl. Let's figure out how to get some to you!
Keep in touch.

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

Hi there!
I'd be happy to provide seeds to you to continue the work on this girl. Let's figure out how to get some to you!
Keep in touch.
I would love to grab a few of these f2s and I will undoubtedly further the line and pass them on. I make seed frequently. I'm soserthc1 on ig
I'm willing to swap just about anything in my library

Old Detroit

Old Detroit

I would love to grab a few of these f2s and I will undoubtedly further the line and pass them on. I make seed frequently. I'm soserthc1 on ig
I'm willing to swap just about anything in my library
I understand. I'll get back into my ic and contact you there. Just got back from Thanksgiving.
Will be happy to trade.

I

Ickystckystanky

Hi there!
Keep in touch.
Still

I

Ickystckystanky

Hi there!
Keep in touch.
Hello can you please help me get some Beatrix seeds?

Latest posts

Top Bottom