Any1 Had Sssc-beatrix Choice M27 ?

• Thread starter pitch_black
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pitch_black

Gent's
Any info other then what's on the label?
Thanks!

G

Green Supreme

Almost ordered her in 86. Went with the Skunk/Afghani instead. Good luck, she would be a rare find. Peace GS

P

pitch_black

thanks Green
got a pack-only 40 $-
not sure what F is it though

Z

zoeronerer

those are off that other auction site .....

let us know if the phenos are all over the place ....

Illmind

Illmind

Ahh memories. Long term ones anyways. Yeah the Beatrix is super dank. If u got a real pack u are a lucky sob. Keep us updated.

BlackBart

BlackBart

I grew it out years ago and it was very tasty ..nice golden nugs . I believe its Mexi dom.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

here is what i found on here bro

Beatrix Choice:
Type: Mostly Sativa
Origin: Mexico, South Africa, Holland
Breeder: Super Sativa Seed Club

Beatrix Choice cannabis seeds was one of the original offerings from the Super Sativa Seed Club, listed as M27 in their 1987-88 catalog, as well as their 89-90 catalog. Here is how it was described:
"M27 A U.S. hybrid top strain. Plants were selected for the quality of the high. Extremely strong. The father was of an inbred Acapulco Gold strain and the mother was a very potent Indica/Sativa strain (Afghani-south African). A great hybrid. One of our own favorites. Very suitable for outdoor and indoor growing. You can harvest an enormous amount of overpowering, trippy buds. Harvest in Holland: middle of September". - Super Sativa Seed Club catalog 1987-88

Z

zoeronerer

im gettin a pack fukit they cheap ....

hope these are legit f2 or 3's or somethin......

Old Detroit

Old Detroit

I have just successfully germinated 3 seeds of genuine Beatrice Choice from my original stock dating back to 1988-89. I obtained them from the SSSC directly in 1988-89 season.
She was grown outdoors by me again in 1993, and as a sort of lark I hauled these
seeds out from freeze and said why not?
So 3 of 4 have sprouted & are planted now.
Very hardy seedlings, surprising for such
elderly seed. Proves to me once again the
importance of keeping seeds in freeze over
the decades.
This strain was as potent and tasty as anything around now. Never forgot it.
A great gift to an old grower.
Will keep interested folks updated as they grow and yes, I intend to seed if I am blessed with both sexes.. Definitely a must-do breeding project..

Old Detroit

Old Detroit

All three Beatrice Choice seedlings thriving.
I sit and look at them from time to time &
contemplate their age. I think back how many seasons it's been since I last grew this strain. Nearly 23 years since these seeds were produced. Moved many times from freezer to freezer across the country.
Well it is a sort of miracle. And a testimony to the strength of natural living things to overcome all odds to grow and live. It's like when I was a little kid, carefully tending my aquariums & science projects in the basement. Total focus and exclusion from outer reality staring at 23 year-old seedlings...
Very humbling. Can't wait to grow these out and smoke it!

Old Detroit

Old Detroit

Well, here's the update on my '93 Beatrice Choice. From my 3 seedlings there were 2 boys & a girl. All were very consistent looking plants in juvenile stage.
I kept the girl, one very vigorous boy, and then cloned the girl. Currently she is in flower, pictured here, and her mate is flowering separately in his area. I plan on partially seeding her soon, and flower her to finish. She is barely into week three. Smells hashy, spicy. Looked indica in seedling, now taking on distinct sativa appearance and stretch in flower. No doubt her Acapulco ancestry...
Anyway, she's a beauty, looks and smells as good as anything contemporary. I estimate she is the usual 8-9 week plant as far as speed is concerned. We'll see...
Just wanted to share my progress.
Also sharing a photo of my new generation Haze/South African from '88-89 seeds as original from SSSC. Hope to get these out and about when all work complete..

Latest posts

Top Bottom