Anybody do 2-stage harvest? Tops only first?

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

Kief Box?
Blast tube?
Budder?
Compost?

I also don’t waste my time trimming larf, but I certainly don’t waste it either!!!!!
I can buy THC distillate made from premium bud for 3 bucks a gram. Which is like 2.25 USD a gram. I only grow for the sake of trying new strains and because I have a nice setup already. Pounds of weed are very cheap since legalization crashed the market.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I can buy THC distillate made from premium bud for 3 bucks a gram. Which is like 2.25 USD a gram. I only grow for the sake of trying new strains and because I have a nice setup already. Pounds of weed are very cheap since legalization crashed the market.
Canadian?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've done it when it was a plant that finished earlier than its tentmates. I can't say the improvement was that noticeable after a couple of weeks. It may need more time than that.

mancorn

mancorn

Hold on a minute there "Not worth the time. Popcorn buds are not worth the effort of saving or rolling." are you out of your mind? I love my popcorn and I'm adding lights to increase their density. I cook with the larf & smoke the buds. Toss them in the jar & I'd challenge you to recognize the difference smoking them.

We grow plants for months and too much effort is spent killing off all the under growth. imho I want the whole plant like apples, oranges, grapes... lol......I'm not looking to grow one big artichoke or pineapple
I hear you about having spent 8 months growing, but it really depends on scale. I’m sure you’ve driven by farming operations and see piles of potatoes, corn, etc in the fields. Sure you can pick up a bushel, but clearly not worth the farmers time to pick up every piece of fruit. So when it’s the end of November and I’ve been trimming for a month, I’m not going to keep harvesting every last bud. Better to just toss it in the compost, instead of waiting 2 years. Or the wet fires are always kind of fun. It’s a real Cheech & Chong moment. (The neighbors probably think it’s a DEA raid.)

F4B29C1A 2D1A 4D3B B92F 61C7280F868E

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I've done it when it was a plant that finished earlier than its tentmates. I can't say the improvement was that noticeable after a couple of weeks. It may need more time than that.
I will be getting this in an upcoming test. Basically determining the best time to harvest visually and comparing to cannabinoids testing. I’d like to compare microscope images to test results harvesting from the same plant over a month. I’ll start posting on that soon.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I throw entire plants away that I don't feel like trimming up and that did not impress me. Just depends on your motivation behind growing, and how much you have.

I never have larf, let alone bother trimming it.

I do sometimes harvest buds across a week or more period for testing purposes. It does not hurt the plant if done properly, in fact it often helps, especially with airflow and light penetration.
I donate all trim and unwanted bud to one of two cooperatives actually making RSO for patients. There’s always a use. Including for the roots. If you’re not into it that’s cool. Some of us are. Quite a few are here actually.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I donate all trim and unwanted bud to one of two cooperatives actually making RSO for patients. There’s always a use. Including for the roots. If you’re not into it that’s cool. Some of us are. Quite a few are here actually.
Not legal for me to do so. Not my idea.

worse yet I have to throw away to stay in my limits.

mancorn

mancorn

I’m just teasing, but reminds me of this episode

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Just wondering what experiences others have had from harvesting the top part of the canopy, then waiting a week or two to take the rest of the plant.

I'm running a very bushy grow, and while the top 6 inches or so of canopy has mature buds ready to harvest anytime between now and a week from now, there are a lot of bud sites lower down that seem a few weeks behind. AND I have not enough clearance between my light and the top of the canopy (12 inches) so taking off the top layer would also provide better coverage to the remaining bud sites.
I frequently do 2 cuttings. Once for the top buds and again for the lower buds. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for them to finish. I also lollipop my plants so the amount of larf I have is almost none. The only difference between my lower buds and my tops are the extra time they need. Once done, they're not distinguishable from those tops when you smoke it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have a feeling it will be getting better for us soon. And you do know, that if you didnt grow so well, you wouldnt have to throw so much away. Sometimes it pays to be stupid in this world ;)
I've got a couple of lbs, dried and cured. I vacuum sealed each strain individually and then sealed all those smaller bags in several gallon sized bags. I'm storing it for when my wife and I want to take some time off from growing ... and maybe do a bit of traveling. We'll see what happens. I usually give most of my excess away to friends and family though.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I feel like those are more of a suggestion, like speed limits lol.
I stay within my plant counts (usually). I can grow 12 at a time but I'm only supposed to keep 10 oz in the house. 2 plants can produce 10 oz rather consistently. The personal in your home weight limit doesn't make much sense to me when you can grow up to 12 at a time ... So I don't worry about it.

TSD

TSD

I stay within my plant counts (usually). I can grow 12 at a time but I'm only supposed to keep 10 oz in the house. 2 plants can produce 10 oz rather consistently. The personal in your home weight limit doesn't make much sense to me when you can grow up to 12 at a time ... So I don't worry about it.
Right... I grew 11... and ended up with over 10 lbs... not my fault I grew trees, and I'm not about to throw away weed lol.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I just have way too much to lose to break the law in that way. I post way too much already. A single tent for me is way over the limit and would last us 10 years. So my perception is skewed with reguards to harvesting larf.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I just have way too much to lose to break the law in that way. I post way too much already. A single tent for me is way over the limit and would last us 10 years. So my perception is skewed with reguards to harvesting larf.
For me, the amount of useable bud I got off my last grow would have cost me $4000 via dispensaries, and that lasted about 6 months. Not going to toss anything until I have a surplus.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Where is this? In Arizona I can grow 6 plants per person, 12 per household. As far as I know, you can keep whatever you grow, and give away up to an ounce at a time. I got 18 ounces of bud off my last grow.

YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan

I wouldn't bother. If a branch doesn't have hard buds just toss it. Don't even trim larf. Not worth the time. Popcorn buds are not worth the effort of saving or rolling.
Popcorn buds get you just as high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom