Anybody Else Using Roots Organics...?

• Thread starter Snookster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I ran some side by sides with FFOF and Roots organic potting soil. I liked the roots better in flowering stage and FFOF for veg...go figure..each strain liked different soils at different stages. Both looked healthy and all, just as FFOF would be looking better the roots would catch up etc....so I say it's a personal preference thing too. I didn't like the smell of one as much as the other...lol..

Anyway, all of them will need additional nutes and/or goodies added at some point, but Roots soil is very high quality and flushes nicely. I used the ready mixed potting soil and it dries out pretty quick once they get established.

Feel free to check out my picts of some plants grown in Roots soil with GH Bio-Bizz nutes.....

please pm if you have any questions...

Thanks and have fun with it.

justiceman

justiceman

Interesting Fred. I think your right on the money with FFOF being better for veg and Roots being Great for flower. I noticed that my vegitation was better with FFOF but I still had really great flowers off of it as well. The roots soil seems to be higher in P and K. It needs more N fed to it earlier on in the plants life i believe.

Here's and idea. On one of my grows I am going to veg in FFOF and then when I flower I will transplant to Roots Soil. Hell ya that has me hyped up. Thanks for sparking that idea Fred. I bet that would be a really kick ass mix, not to mention you wouldn't have to add as many flowering nutes if any at all.

S

Surfr

Interesting Fred. I think your right on the money with FFOF being better for veg and Roots being Great for flower. I noticed that my vegitation was better with FFOF but I still had really great flowers off of it as well. The roots soil seems to be higher in P and K. It needs more N fed to it earlier on in the plants life i believe.

Here's and idea. On one of my grows I am going to veg in FFOF and then when I flower I will transplant to Roots Soil. Hell ya that has me hyped up. Thanks for sparking that idea Fred. I bet that would be a really kick ass mix, not to mention you wouldn't have to add as many flowering nutes if any at all.

That's exactly what I plan on doing.... I am going to go pick up some bags of the OF and transplant some of my new clones into that for veg. When I transplant for flower I will use the Roots.

bud good

bud good

yeah i got a bag of roots, ffof and perlite mixed it all up worked good but alot of the nutes mixed in the soil washed away when watering, watrer coming out was supa yellow. i like alot of drainage so i added alot of perlite for the clones and seedingling then recycled it a couple times by adding some organicare to it i didnt by all the supplements i needed so its showing some deffiencies like cal or mag but is good stuff ... wanna go with soilless coco or aero next tho ... soils are hard to get rid off when done hence all the recycyling

i guess no one read my post so ill quote myself
good idea bud good, yeah good idea

F

Foxfarmfreak

I say, how about using a bigger pot and filling the bottom 2/3rds with Roots and the top 1/3 with FFOF. Then when you transplant before you flip them, they will be getting the FFOF nutes until they flip and reach down into the Roots soil that will have been top fed with FFOF, then they can flower in the Roots organics, should help with the low Nitrogen in the early flower stages too......just a thought.
Peace Fox

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm glad other people out there are doing some experiments too. I have been playing around with these lately to test against my Pro-Mix grows, Been in it for 10 years and wanted to make sure my medium wasn't getting outdated....In the end they have all been high quality and it's been fun testing and tuning.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hell yea bro pro mix bx is good stuff!!

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Im currently switching over a room to soil. Using half Roots 707 soil, half Happy Frog potting soil, some extra perlite, 1tbs of Happy Frog all purpose dry nutes per gallon of soil, 1tps of oregonismXL per gallon of soil. KICKASSSSS! mix.

Otoe

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
After running the soil I like Pro-Mix even more than before. I spent a lot of time getting it right and it's where I am comfortable. I am testing finished products dried and cured in a week but I have my Ideas...!

DSC09974.JPG

This is how it ended.

DSC09976.JPG

S

Skunkenstein

Fred,I could take that same Photo...Did you steal my EWC i Bought last Night..haha!!

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

LOL, damn i woulda takin that soil. I could never match with pro-mix what im getting with this soil mix, or maybe i just like how much easier it is less watering easier to get rid of(compost pile) idk. Different strokes, for different folks.

Otoe

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Fred,I could take that same Photo...Did you steal my EWC i Bought last Night..haha!!

You know it!

LOL, damn i woulda takin that soil. I could never match with pro-mix what im getting with this soil mix, or maybe i just like how much easier it is less watering easier to get rid of(compost pile) idk. Different strokes, for different folks.

Otoe

I used every bit of that stuff. High dollar and high quality too. I liked them all really. Them soils will hold nutes in and keep plants looking good. So many mediums to choose from and so many styles. I just appreciate a well done sample no matter what medium it comes from. If I started in soil I might still be in it today. I have way less experience with soil then pro-mix so it makes sense for me to prefer it.

Top Bottom