Anybody had the grassy hay smell but got rid of it?

• Thread starter bguwop420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bguwop420

bguwop420

I took my plant down from hanging too early, and also put into jars too early ..slight hay smell and havnt cured yet but attempted to. But when I squeeze the nugs the real terpy smell comes out of the bud...is there any saving this ?

jdog22

jdog22

i think there are a few ways you can retify this. someone with more experience might come help you more but if i were you, id be googling and making sure the humidity and mooisture level isnt too high. might even be a good idea to dry them out a little more.

the hay smell goes away apprently after about 2 weeks of curing

was there a reason for taking it down early ?

bguwop420

bguwop420

i think there are a few ways you can retify this. someone with more experience might come help you more but if i were you, id be googling and making sure the humidity and mooisture level isnt too high. might even be a good idea to dry them out a little more.

the hay smell goes away apprently after about 2 weeks of curing

was there a reason for taking it down early ?
Yea I'm letting them dry for a bit longer just sitting on a tray, and yea I took it down after 3 n half days because it was such a small Autoflower and stems were snapping but after I took it down I realized that some stems still were bending, it's like it dried unevenly possibly not sure really. But I put it in jars and it kept going from 58 to 65 and that's when Id open it up or take the buds out for a minute. Last night I had the jar at 62 for like 2 hours but it started goin up again

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
During the early drying process you get a chlorophyll cell smell when the plants are burning through them. You removed them before this process was finished. Cure as per normal and it will probably go away eventually. Typically it goes away and then the weed smell comes back during drying. Also after a couple months in jars new smells get unlocked during the curing process. Good luck!

jdog22

jdog22

During the early drying process you get a chlorophyll cell smell when the plants are burning through them. You removed them before this process was finished. Cure as per normal and it will probably go away eventually. Typically it goes away and then the weed smell comes back during drying. Also after a couple months in jars new smells get unlocked during the curing process. Good luck!
yep! and most of the award winning growers cure for at least 6months those new smells 🥲🥲

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Losing the smell and taste can take at least several weeks or months. The curing buds must be kept in the dark to deactivate the chlorophyll. I keep mine in amber-colored glass jars in a dark room.

bguwop420

bguwop420

Losing the smell and taste can take at least several weeks or months. The curing buds must be kept in the dark to deactivate the chlorophyll. I keep mine in amber-colored glass jars in a dark room.
Shit didn't know that ! Been having them on a table by the window ..they are back in jar now started at 58 and only has went up to 59 this whole time .. I'm also curing 11 gs in a big mason jar cuz its the only brand new one i had ..I have a boveda pack but i wanna get this way down

Last edited:
bguwop420

bguwop420

U can tell the smell wants to come back it's there when u squeeze the buds and it smelled strong strong before I attempted curing so I fucked up somewhere

bguwop420

bguwop420

4 hours later jars been on 60 humidity damn near whole time...think I'm getting somewhere

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
It eventually goes away after a good cure. Still freaks me out too sometimes. Just make sure your humidity doesn't get to high in the jars.

bguwop420

bguwop420

Jar was on 60 for 12 hours+ and went up to 61 and been on that all day, no need to burp right?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Jar was on 60 for 12 hours+ and went up to 61 and been on that all day, no need to burp right?
up to you, first two weeks, burp four times a day, next two weeks once or twice a day, after that.. up to you.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
I had a slight hay smell to my 1st harvest cuz I harvested too soon it went away after drying tho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom