Anybody here use silica in there grow?

• Thread starter yezmar420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yezmar420

yezmar420

Hey all...does anybody here use silica on there plants? I've heard mixed things on it...some people say it increases your yield, but I've heard other people say it leaves a residue will harm you when smoked because the plant doesn't flush it properly. Any thoughts?

P

papadank

Silica is a great additive as long as the plant's other needs are met. I haven't heard anything about a residue, but I can say, if your growing hydro, you should flush real good or not smoke your product. Silica is a mineral and will help your plant in yields, but like I said, if the plant's other needs aren't met or if the plant isn't healthy, it might be a waste of time. It's only 1 part of a long chain. I have heard many people talk shit about Dutch Master, but they have a killer Silica. I cannot stress enough, that Silica is like any other additive. It's only as good as the nutrient's your using and your plants MUST be healthy in order to see any increase in yields. It's called a Symbiotic relationship.

Hope this helps,
Peace,
Papa D

J

Jalisco Kid

hey yez, how you doing? I used only one product from AN and that was their barricade. Potassium Silicate works well on my girls plus if you spray it on the surface of your medium it helps deter insects. It helps build stiffer branches,pump liquids, and helps the immune sys. If you can find a cheap source I would use a little all the time. I got mine from a store going out of business. Suerte JK

yezmar420

yezmar420

hey yez, how you doing? I used only one product from AN and that was their barricade. Potassium Silicate works well on my girls plus if you spray it on the surface of your medium it helps deter insects. It helps build stiffer branches,pump liquids, and helps the immune sys. If you can find a cheap source I would use a little all the time. I got mine from a store going out of business. Suerte JK

Hey JK!..I'm doing good, hope the same for you. After hearing your guys responses I might pick some up for my next grow..I never have problems with pests but I can use some stiffer branches..I always get that sideways lean towards the end of flower:-)...maybe this will help...thanks!

BTW...thanks to you PapaD also!

Disguised

Disguised

I use it as a PH up, with all the added benefits. Works great :smiley_joint:

Z

Zah

I mist my clones with a dilution of 1tsp to 1gal of H20. It really helps prevent them from wilting. Also encourages super fast growth.

T

tritonite

I use it as a pest protector, it creates a barrier between my plants and the wild bugs....

works wonders

J

joe.5

i also use the AN Barricade.. It's pretty good at keeping the pests under control, but like the other person said, plants must be healthy and nute amendments are only as good as the rest of the food they receive.. Its a great help with strengthening plant stems and branches.. I use it with every feed but I do stop using a lot of products as my crops approach finishing (before flushing with final phase)

R

Rolln J

prolly more important to add this in hydro - since silicate is readily available in dirt. I starting using it this summer and one thing I noticed is it make branches way less snappy during stretch.

G

GroHi

Snagged the last 2gal's from the local w they stopped making the Barricade... always used it as a pH buffer... .5ml/gal + my usual mix = 6.0... no pH down/up except spot adjustments. Pretty cool stuff for this as it doesn't really want to go down once set...

Also read a while ago that KSi will decrease flavor in strawberries w used... can't remember if they used it till harvest or not, but an aside. Peace.

X

xxYIKESxx

I use it on all my grows. It's a staple in my nutrient feeding program...It raises the ph a little but I use fulvic acid to offset the difference...It definitely strengthens the plant during all stages of growth...It leaves a nice sheen on the fanleaves, I think that is the "residue" you're reffering to?

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Always!!! For buffer and beneficials.

N

noone88

They still sell Barricade by AN on Amazon. This is one of the few AN products that is a great bargain. I use 60ml per 115 *gallons*.

4L bottle will last you forever.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
To get silica in organic soil grows add some rice hulls to the soil.

yezmar420

yezmar420

yezmar why did you buy that stuff? JK

Seemed interesting:smiley_joint:

The silica content is probably not much..it's really more of a micro but I like to give my plants a variety of things to snack on...so far from what I have seen..the ones who got the OceanGold seem to have thicker stalks and leaf seems to be sturdier vs. the ones I have been giving microblast...

Latest posts

Top Bottom