Anybody in here using roots organic lush soil?

• Thread starter CFC7143
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CFC7143

CFC7143

I was just curious if Iā€™m the only person using the roots organic lush soil? Iā€™ve seen other people using the roots organic soils but not specifically the ā€œlushā€ one. Iā€™ve looked all over the internet and havenā€™t found a single grow journal or grow video of any type with someone using this soil. Iā€™m thinking maybe itā€™s a new one for the roots organic brand. So I just figured that anyone who likes roots organic so far with this grow the roots organic alphas been amazing! I put my plant in right once it sprouted in the rock wool. It was about 3 inches tall, and I just put it directly into a 5 1/2 gallon airpot and just watered it with nothing but phā€™d water between 6.2 and 6.8 (no extra nutrients at all) I did add a insanely small ammount of cal mag in two watering a but thatā€™s it. And I continued using just water alone and the plan grew super fast and super healthy with absolutely zero ph burn, or and type of lockout or any issue at all as far as I could see all the way up to switching to the flowering cycle. Then once I got into flower I started slowly adding the fox farm trio starting at 1/4 strength and two and a half weeks after starting with the nutes Iā€™ve got up to 3/4 strength and Iā€™m concidering just staying there because everything seems to be going good. I know Iā€™m rambling on but I just figured Iā€™d put this out there for what itā€™s worth. I decided to use this soil because I asked the guy at the grow store if he would recommend a soil I could just put a seed in and water without having to add nutes or anything ( basically a ā€œlazy mansā€ grow haha) and this seems to be exactly what I was hoping for.
Anybody in here using roots organic lush soil
Anybody in here using roots organic lush soil 2
Anybody in here using roots organic lush soil 3
Anybody in here using roots organic lush soil 4
Anybody in here using roots organic lush soil 5
Anybody in here using roots organic lush soil 6

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
I'm about to do my second grow using LUSH. It may be my go-to soil now. I've also used every other Roots soil and start seeds in Roots Greenfields.
Typically after veg I would transplant into 7 gallon pots full of Fox Farm Happy Frog but for the last grow I saw LUSH on the Roots website and sought it out to try.

I was impressed enough to order it again. It's spendy and hard to find but I'm feeling it's worth it. Cost is almost double Happy Frog which I can buy a block from my home but to get LUSH I have it shipped in. HF is good but not perfect and does need xtra nutes unlike LUSH.
I don't pH my water, just use 0ppm RO water and my only nutes are their Uprising Bloom and Foundation added by a half handful each added as a layer in the bottom half of my 7 gallon pots for bloom. I also use Great White.
LUSH is impressive. Pretty much a super soil out of the bag so no need to mix much else in or cook it. Cool to see another grower try it out because yeah there's not much in the way of journals or reviews. Costing $40/1.5cuft likely gets people to look at other options but for being a *Just add water* type of mix and the no drama, no burn, no pH lockout way it grows good pot might be worth it for many out there

This was my recent grow using it

IMG 2524

droozilla

droozilla

Just looking through their website (I'm starting to plan first grow), it looks like the Lush mix doesn't use perlite, but other mineral bases. Also loaded up with a the other stuff that's in their other mixes, but that mineral base seems to be the main difference. Seems like the way to go for me.

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

I was just curious if Iā€™m the only person using the roots organic lush soil? Iā€™ve seen other people using the roots organic soils but not specifically the ā€œlushā€ one. Iā€™ve looked all over the internet and havenā€™t found a single grow journal or grow video of any type with someone using this soil. Iā€™m thinking maybe itā€™s a new one for the roots organic brand. So I just figured that anyone who likes roots organic so far with this grow the roots organic alphas been amazing! I put my plant in right once it sprouted in the rock wool. It was about 3 inches tall, and I just put it directly into a 5 1/2 gallon airpot and just watered it with nothing but phā€™d water between 6.2 and 6.8 (no extra nutrients at all) I did add a insanely small ammount of cal mag in two watering a but thatā€™s it. And I continued using just water alone and the plan grew super fast and super healthy with absolutely zero ph burn, or and type of lockout or any issue at all as far as I could see all the way up to switching to the flowering cycle. Then once I got into flower I started slowly adding the fox farm trio starting at 1/4 strength and two and a half weeks after starting with the nutes Iā€™ve got up to 3/4 strength and Iā€™m concidering just staying there because everything seems to be going good. I know Iā€™m rambling on but I just figured Iā€™d put this out there for what itā€™s worth. I decided to use this soil because I asked the guy at the grow store if he would recommend a soil I could just put a seed in and water without having to add nutes or anything ( basically a ā€œlazy mansā€ grow haha) and this seems to be exactly what I was hoping for.
View attachment 1093089View attachment 1093090View attachment 1093091View attachment 1093092View attachment 1093093View attachment 1093094
I recently started a couple Cinderella Jack autos in Lush. I mixed in about 1/2 lb of natures living super soil mix in the bottom half of the 3g airpots. Theyā€™re loving it so far.

Did you ever need to amend or feed during your grow/s with Lush? Itā€™s my first time using it and Iā€™m just wondering what to expect in the later stages of flower. Itā€™s still hard to find any info about it online. Theyā€™re about 3 weeks old at the moment.

89306FBF 9320 44FC A12D 929EABD9647F
DB757128 1AB2 4F77 AFD3 970D184D117D
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Costing $40/1.5cuft likely gets people to look at other options but for being a *Just add water* type of mix and the no drama, no burn, no pH lockout way it grows good pot might be worth it for many out there
I have been considering this soil and glad to find this thread. I am curious, how many 1.5 cubic foot bags of Lush does it take to fill a 10 gallon fabric pot? Thinking about running 10 gallon pots with Lush for an outdoor grow this spring. Thanks guys!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I recently started a couple Cinderella Jack autos in Lush. I mixed in about 1/2 lb of natures living super soil mix in the bottom half of the 3g airpots. Theyā€™re loving it so far.

Did you ever need to amend or feed during your grow/s with Lush? Itā€™s my first time using it and Iā€™m just wondering what to expect in the later stages of flower. Itā€™s still hard to find any info about it online. Theyā€™re about 3 weeks old at the moment.
I have not used Lush, because I've never seen it in my local grow shop (formula 707 is the only Roots soil I've seen, so far). However, with fortified organic soils like that, you should expect 4-6 weeks worth of nutrients, without needing to feed anything but water. Then I'd probably consider one of their tea mixes.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
I have been considering this soil and glad to find this thread. I am curious, how many 1.5 cubic foot bags of Lush does it take to fill a 10 gallon fabric pot? Thinking about running 10 gallon pots with Lush for an outdoor grow this spring. Thanks guys!
Probably one with some left over. I use 7 gallon pots and one bag will fill two pots with a little left over if I recall correctly

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
I got to talking to a reputable grower from Amsterdam (now in San Francisco) and he swears by Roots Organics Lush. Just uses water. Have a few bags coming in so we'll see.

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

I used it for my last DFG Mac Dragon 2x2 micro grow and it was fantastic. Went to the hydro store to buy more and they said the price doubled so they stopped ordering it. I was super disappointed, but needed soil so went with FFOF.

Youā€™ll be happy with the lush, itā€™s great stuff. I amended with roots Terp Tea Bloom and molasses. A little fish sh!t and recharge to keep the microbes going and itā€™s low maintenance easy sailing the whole way through!

971F7E59 958A 499A 98E4 F005DD64DD52
36401669 DA74 4B40 96BB 8ECB4E8B65A2
98648FA9 B339 48E9 B7FB 5AA0BF3756D6

I also have another dragon in the tent entering week 3 flower in Roots Lush. Iā€™ve given a compost tea and top dressed with a small amount of Gaia Green this time. Fish Sh!t and recharge every now and then for a refresh and looking good! It truly is a low/no maintenance product.
E29A1597 3AFD 4638 85C9 7102245AE149
B95525B9 B293 40F4 B047 D999750CB51A
0CAF5F57 10B0 4CF9 979E BA1260D14797

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I used it for my last DFG Mac Dragon 2x2 micro grow and it was fantastic. Went to the hydro store to buy more and they said the price doubled so they stopped ordering it. I was super disappointed, but needed soil so went with FFOF.

Youā€™ll be happy with the lush, itā€™s great stuff. I amended with roots Terp Tea Bloom and molasses. A little fish sh!t and recharge to keep the microbes going and itā€™s low maintenance easy sailing the whole way through!

View attachment 1321190View attachment 1321191View attachment 1321192

I also have another dragon in the tent entering week 3 flower in Roots Lush. Iā€™ve given a compost tea and top dressed with a small amount of Gaia Green this time. Fish Sh!t and recharge every now and then for a refresh and looking good! It truly is a low/no maintenance product.View attachment 1321195View attachment 1321196View attachment 1321197
I'm currently using Fox Farm soil, have been for two years, any differences between these two soils that you can tell?

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

I'm currently using Fox Farm soil, have been for two years, any differences between these two soils that you can tell?
Iā€™ve never used FF, so I canā€™t speak to that. From what I hear, the Lush will feed for 8 weeks while Ocean Farms will feed for 6. So if you veg for a while youā€™ll need to amend a little more in the FF.

The way I used the Lush was I vegged for 4-6 weeks in a 1g and then transplanted and flipped into a 7g. The idea was to transplant into a fresh pot of soil to avoid having to feed as much as possible. Thatā€™s probably what Iā€™ll do this time around with the FF since itā€™s worked for me before.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Iā€™ve never used FF, so I canā€™t speak to that. From what I hear, the Lush will feed for 8 weeks while Ocean Farms will feed for 6. So if you veg for a while youā€™ll need to amend a little more in the FF.

The way I used the Lush was I vegged for 4-6 weeks in a 1g and then transplanted and flipped into a 7g. The idea was to transplant into a fresh pot of soil to avoid having to feed as much as possible. Thatā€™s probably what Iā€™ll do this time around with the FF since itā€™s worked for me before.
I've never tried this before and was told just this method last night. Vegging in a small pot (he uses 3 gallon) then transplanting into a bigger pot (10 gallon) before flipping. The guy who shared this to me last night is probably considered a pioneer in the cannabis world, but some openly debate that. Anyways he swears by this method and just uses water. A far cry from the topping your soils with dry amendments routine, which is my current regimen. I can imagine you do go through some soil using his method but probably save on having to buy anything other than just the Roots Organics Lush soil. So I'm gonna follow his suggestion and try a pot or two with just the soil and water.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I use Lush and I have been using it for about 2 yrs. Left alone without adding anything to the mix, it will eventually run out of gas mid to late flower. It's a great mix if you can find it priced reasonably. Most places that carry it in my area want around $30 a bag .... except one. Grow Green Michigan sells it for $18 a bag, but you have to pick it up yourself and right now they are only open Mon-Fri 1pm to 6pm.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter

View attachment 1321190View attachment 1321191View attachment 1321192

I also have another dragon in the tent entering week 3 flower in Roots Lush. Iā€™ve given a compost tea and top dressed with a small amount of Gaia Green this time. Fish Sh!t and recharge every now and then for a refresh and looking good! It truly is a low/no maintenance product.View attachment 1321195View attachment 1321196View attachment 1321197

This is very close to my recipe. Only difference mostly is I'm using Neptune's Harvest Liquid Fish and Seaweed, Mycos+, a base layer of Uprising Bloom, and RO water but using Terp Tea too.
Results are legit

There's a huge difference. FFOF is a decent soil, peat and sand based with limits.
Lush is a coco based supersoil and is better than Vermifire or even Subcool's old Super Soil recipe. A true just add water mix if the pot is big enough

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

I've never tried this before and was told just this method last night. Vegging in a small pot (he uses 3 gallon) then transplanting into a bigger pot (10 gallon) before flipping. The guy who shared this to me last night is probably considered a pioneer in the cannabis world, but some openly debate that. Anyways he swears by this method and just uses water. A far cry from the topping your soils with dry amendments routine, which is my current regimen. I can imagine you do go through some soil using his method but probably save on having to buy anything other than just the Roots Organics Lush soil. So I'm gonna follow his suggestion and try a pot or two with just the soil and water.
I would be interested in hearing how that works for you. Iā€™ve been tempted to try water only while running Lush, but itā€™s just as easy to top dress once or twice and not have an issue late in flower. You should do a journal or post some updates here if you try it. I have four seedlings that just popped, Iā€™m hoping to get a couple females. If I get more than one, Iā€™ll try this method with one of them.

If you do it I definitely recommend separating your veg and flower with a transplant into a larger pot. I started doing it because the first time I ran Lush I had issues midway through flower that I didnā€™t fully recover from. Admittedly I didnā€™t have the space dialed in and temperature was an issue, so it couldā€™ve been that. Anyway, the results were so damn good before the issues that I wanted to give it another go and run the Lush the whole way through and transplanting right before flip just made sense. I still top dress mostly out of precaution, but the bud turned out nice, and itā€™s a breeze.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I would be interested in hearing how that works for you. Iā€™ve been tempted to try water only while running Lush, but itā€™s just as easy to top dress once or twice and not have an issue late in flower. You should do a journal or post some updates here if you try it. I have four seedlings that just popped, Iā€™m hoping to get a couple females. If I get more than one, Iā€™ll try this method with one of them.

If you do it I definitely recommend separating your veg and flower with a transplant into a larger pot. I started doing it because the first time I ran Lush I had issues midway through flower that I didnā€™t fully recover from. Admittedly I didnā€™t have the space dialed in and temperature was an issue, so it couldā€™ve been that. Anyway, the results were so damn good before the issues that I wanted to give it another go and run the Lush the whole way through and transplanting right before flip just made sense. I still top dress mostly out of precaution, but the bud turned out nice, and itā€™s a breeze.
That sounds right to me, I don't know anything about this soil and topping midway into flower seems like a must do for great results. I'm not questioning that at all, I just might end up doing the same just to be safe.
That sounds right to me, I don't know anything about this soil and topping midway into flower seems like a must do for great results. I'm not questioning that at all, I just might end up doing the same just to be safe.

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

Looking killer bro! I've got a Mac Dragon finishing up right now, can't wait to see how everything comes together in a couple more weeks.
Thanks man! I checked in on your grow a couple days ago, and again today. Itā€™s looking great. I started growing in hydro about 2 years ago. I respect anyone who does it well. It was a lot of fun, but challenging and labor intensive! Once I discovered how much easier organic is, I havenā€™t looked back lol. Iā€™d like to give it another try sometime in the future when Iā€™m a little more experienced, and have a solid plan and setup.

Youā€™re gonna love the Mac Dragon. Itā€™s incredibly potent, almost too strong. (No such thing) Buds are rock hard and covered with Trichomes. Pics donā€™t do them justice

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I use Lush and I have been using it for about 2 yrs. Left alone without adding anything to the mix, it will eventually run out of gas mid to late flower. It's a great mix if you can find it priced reasonably. Most places that carry it in my area want around $30 a bag .... except one. Grow Green Michigan sells it for $18 a bag, but you have to pick it up yourself and right now they are only open Mon-Fri 1pm to 6pm.

in da mail .. šŸ˜
Screenshot 20230119 125323

Latest posts

Top Bottom