Anybody Running A Dead Rez Bubble Cloner/aero Cloner ???

• Thread starter budfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budfarmer

I would like to hear from people that run a bubble cloner with a dead rez, I am having problems with slime I'm thinking it might be better to run a dead rez in the bubble cloner so I can take advantage of higher water temps and get faster rooting without slime fucking me up. I did read a bit about a grower adding Dutch Zone master into the bubble cloner he seemed to get good results. What I want is to cut clones pop them into the bubble cloner and forget about them for a week at a time also I want to run a warmer temp say 79 F so the rooting process is faster. Don't know if the sterile rez works or not or what all the advantages/disadvantages are. Please don't tell me to scrub out the cloner better ect. I know all that I think the sterile rez may be the answer for me but I need feedback from sterile cloners. Thanks for any help

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

What are you using in the cloner now?
I see absolutely nothing wrong with doing that. If your running beneficial bacteria in your cloner. Than it will kill the bennies.
Clonex and zone will work together

B

budfarmer

Smokey I tried a run in my DIY bubble cloner the first week it worked like a charm, 2 cups EWC with plain water then I changed the water and ran for 2 or 3 days on straight water when I got slimed. I'm so fucking tired of spending my days trying to revive one thing or another it's the old story 1 step forward 2 steps back. My plan was to get away from fungus attacking my clones in high humidity domes by going to a bubble cloner with out a dome but now I have slime attacking my clone stems. I will try live once more with Caps root pack and EWC but I have a feeling it's going to fuck up so I'm looking at finding information on running a sterile bubble cloner. The one concern with Zone I have is it's affectiveness falls off really fast as temperature rises I would like to run say 78 F in the cloner to speed up rooting if possible. I have heard of people running bleach in their bubble cloner or aero cloner but apparently you need to buy a bleach strength pen which is another $200.00 down the drain, bleach bubbles off in aprox 24 hrs so you need the pen so you can adjust daily. I'm thinking run Zone or bleach turn the heat up to say 78 or 80 degrees F get the roots out and hit them with Trichoderma T22 at transplant and your off to the races bullet proof. Some guy's have 5 or 6 plants and thats all good I have more than that and it totally takes the enjoyment out of growing to constantly be fucking with problems.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I just run 200ppm Clonex and good ol' chloramine city tap water. Never get slime.
Although, I do run a little bleach water in the bucket when I clean it. Then rinse and good to go.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Instead of bleach try to get food grade hydrogen peroxide. Some places you can get 35% level and only need 2 mL per gallon. Personally I run a sterile diy bubbler as well, and only use tap (lucky me mine is at 100 ppm) water that has enough chlorine and choloramine to keep it clean. After every run, I fill up the cloner with water and a lot (5mL/gallon) of 35% h2o2. 79 degrees is borderline too warm, not for the plants, but the water. That slime really likes it around the 80 degree mark.
There's a lot of threads about sterile vs live, but if you want a set it and forget it, plain tap water and nothing else is your best bet.

B

budfarmer

Hydrogen peroxide is good but it's gone in 12hrs or so. I have read a bit on running a dead rez but most of what I have read is not very well researched ect. they just throw bleach in the rez once and a while, not very accurate way to maintane a rez. I'm going to try again with Caps root pack bennies but I don't have high hopes how sterile can worm poo tea be, seems kind of pointless to sterilize the shit out of everything then dump EWC tea into the rez but I could be wrong.

H

happy b

I run a dead Rex bubble cloner . the only time I have problems with slime is when there's light getting in somehow or when I add something to the water . I just use tap water not even ph,d and change it every 3/4 days and I usually have full roots in two weeks . they look a little worse for wear when theyr finished rooting sometimes but once I get them into medium and start feeding them they bounce back in a couple weeks.

B

budfarmer

I'm going to try the bennies but what I need is simple like plug n play to reduce time spent fucking around just plug the clones into the bubble cloner and let them go with little attention for a week at a time.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
I'm going to try the bennies but what I need is simple like plug n play to reduce time spent fucking around just plug the clones into the bubble cloner and let them go with little attention for a week at a time.

If you keep your temps in the mid 70's, and don't have any contaminants in your bubbler, h2o2 will last much longer than 12 hours. If you're worrying about waste, before you take clones, fill up your bubbler and add double the h202. Let that bubble for 24 hours, then plant. Just use plain tap water, and change every 4 days. You can run a whole week without a res change, but the clones would prefer a fresh change of water. Note:use food grade h2o2 as the store bought bottles have stabilizers in them. I've been doing it 3 years, and had maybe 4 or 5 clones die on me. This was also taking 30-40 cuts every 2 weeks for a perpetual grow.
This method is as easy as it gets. 4 important things, tap water, high quality cuts, no light on the inside, and sanitation. If you run bennies, root shield, or whatever new root product is out there, lots of variables then come into play. I'm not saying that you will have issues, but high water temps and live culture is a recipe for disaster if you're not on it.

B

budfarmer

Yeah Rick thats why I suspect adding bennies will fail they are organic but other growers swear by them I guess there is only one way to find out.

S

sgbfcoop

You're getting light into the cloner if you are getting slime. The water camper should be light proof. Slime needs light to grow.

Over the counter 3% peroxide works too. Literally a little goes a long ways but you got to solve the light issue.

Top Bottom