anybody tried this?

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Have not tried it but man thanks for posting that. Looks dummy proof.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Hell yeah..this looks awesome.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh my god.....Pretty stoney.....Passed out totaly....Not a lightweight by any means, comes on strong will see how long it lasts...Well worth trying. I used shake saved from trimmed buds left over in bags....Whew!!!

Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

i had a vid of dry ice extraction on youtube... dont know if you saw it b4 i removed it, but yea, it is a awesome way to make hash, better than cold water extraction IMO... but the key is to use fresh trim, and not to shake for to long, or you will get alot of broken down plant matter...from what iv noticed, plant matter starts to fall threw the screen about a minute after u start shakin..

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
been using dry ice in my tumbler for a while now - saves so much time and you get such a cleaner product

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
been using dry ice in my tumbler for a while now - saves so much time and you get such a cleaner product

I was wondering last night if dry ice would help in tumblers. guess it does..lol thanks ML

L

LikemindS

NICE!
Gonna Have to try it soon!
:banana1sv6: :banana1sv6: :banana1sv6:

N

nappybutbald

I have done this with both dry and wet trim, the only thing i do different is I don't put it in a bucket i go straight in the bubble bag and i use smaller chucks of dry ice. plus i use three bags 90, 160 and 220. Works for me!!!

B

Bigcorners

I recently bought some cheap "bubble bags" or "Micron Bags" from my local hydro store. I was really interested in getting the pollinator, but i had to order it from Holland, so i went the cheap route :)

The kit came with 8 bags! but using them for dry ice, im only going to be using 1 screen at a time, so if anything was to happen to a bag like a "rip" then i have 7 more replacements! On my way home i picked up some dry ice, and what i found out is the dry ice PELLETS are were its at, picked up 20 pounds :D

When finding a place to work i didnt have box or mirror, but a big picture frame like 80x60 wiped it clean and went to work. I used a 5 gallon bucket, poured like 15oz of old shake that's been sitting around, and we had a drawer full of bags of old trim! took 5 scoops of dry ice, so it seemed like a 1/3 mix, dry ice/trim. Put the bag over the top, it didn't really fit all the way on, but it was good enough, maybe shook the bucket for a couple minutes then flipped it over and went to work, 5 minutes later there was a massive amount of kief, scrapped it up and had the biggest grin on my face! it was to easy.. way to easy and simple. Started out with a 220 bag and did a couple bags of trim and shake, probably around 120-140oz. and ended up with an amazing 52grams of nice blond kief... I later tried the 73micron bag to see how fine i could get! The results turned out awesome! out of 300oz+ of shake we were able to get 112g of some heavily kief!!

After each batch i separated the left over dry ice and trim, with a pasta strainer :) worked like a charm got to reuse 100% of my ice and the left over trim was like sand it was so fine!.. still had some noticeable bigger keif pieces so its going to edibles!

Later that night i wanted to turn it into hard pressed or "Moroccan style" hash but ended up trying 3 ways!
1. hand press, 5 minutes = ehhhh not worth it, patty still crumbled, no color change
2. Oven, wet paper towel, selifan 15min = medium color change no there yet tho
3. Iron, wet piece of paper, selifan 3minuetes = awesome! dark rich color and look the crystals all looked well bonded, nice hard patty!!

i wish i had some pics, but i will try and get some up soon! :)

Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

Kanga Can

I tried this method with a smaller "Kanga Can" which retails for around $100. Dry Ice works great. Off of around 5 ounces I was able to get just over two ounces (63 grams) of really nice kief.

smokum

smokum

I too luv my KangaCan, even if its a little too expensive for what it is... their bag is great to work with and the results are great !

B

BUDOGHI

For a simular effect with out dry ice run your tumbler in the freezer.

HG23

HG23

Do any of you guys decarboxylate your kief? I've seen a couple people vacuum seal it and put it in hot water (unsure of temp) for 10-15 minutes.

smokum

smokum

Well, if your going to ingest it as edibles or tincture I could see a purpose..... but not if your inhaling, as the heat of doing so works just fine IMHO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom