anybody use the lucas formula for coco +rep 4 input

• Thread starter moodster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moodster

hi farmers just wondering if anyone on here uses the lucas formula with coco im gonna be hand watering them is the lucas formula good enough for my ladies or am i gonna need a bloom booster thanks peeps:icon_spin:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you should be good with lucas - though you are going to need a cal mag type product for coco

precharging your coco with 5-10 ml cal mag per gal of water is what most coco experts will recommend around these parts

I'm a relative coco newb, been playing with it for about a year - gives me something beyond rockwool for moms and stuff

Im so done with dirt and all the bugs that come with it

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

well i just picked up 2.5 cu ft of coco today and it's soaking now in ph'ed water. didnt add any cal mag i ran out got to go get a bottle later today. i think it's going to be fine i have a Chemdog D mom that's in coco that has been feed mother plant nutrients and no cal/mag and it's healthy :)

E

evlme2

Been using Lucas in coco for two years, Maxibloom for 1 (which is equal to Lucas but in powder form)
If you use RO water then you'll likely need calmag. I use my (300 ppm) tap and all is perfect, no calmag needed.
Ph to 5.7-6.0 and you are golden.
I switched to straight Maxibloom a year ago and haven't looked back. According to my nutrient calculator 1 tsp/gal of Maxibloom is almost exactly the Lucas formula. Let's put it this way, I saw no changes in my plants positive or negative when I switched. Just switched for the convenience.
I've been growing in coco for a few years now and am well versed with it's nuances. I can tell you from experience that Lucas and coco works extremely well.
Rock on:RastaBong:

M

moodster

i normally use tap water what is 300ppm so i might not need the cal mag i will see how it goes i hope i like coco more than soil +rep to u all

E

evlme2

What Garden of Dreams said, ppm = parts per million.
I'm in Fla and my water is loaded with calcium, you can actually smell it. So, I don't bother with an RO system. It may be considered high, but it works perfectly.

E

evlme2

i normally use tap water what is 300ppm so i might not need the cal mag i will see how it goes i hope i like coco more than soil +rep to u all
If you normally use tap and have no issues then you won't have any issues with the Lucas and your tap.

M

moodster

yes man i been growing for a while but always in soil so i thought the tap water would be good for coco just looking for better growth and plus i had the gh 3 part nutes knocking about

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

you can use ppm measurement, but it's far easier to use E.C. when doing coco cause it's almost just like hydro anyway. no funny variances with a meter using E.C its is just easier overall imho.

so once you ph your water to 5.5.-5.8 all nutes will be able to get to that plant. use a good coco that is already buffered. don't skimp & don't bother flushing coco that hasn't had salt washed fro you. too much pain and water waste. as cheap as water is you still have to pay for it.

evlme2 ,
i have heard others doing what you do, with the same great results.

with that said moodster i wouldn't be set on using formula a,b,c,...; just because. use it because it's suited to your situation because that is what matters.

there are many ways to do coco and do it well. pick a way that someone who has had success with it is doing and copy them. then experiment as your situation/goals change .

I LOVE COCO lol, i'll try that nutrifield brand as soon as i can get rolling again. large brick price is awesome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom