anybody use van de waans "root excelurator"

• Thread starter udub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

ziggy1

The stuff is great.... in my experience it makes the feeder roots explode... I dont use an airstone with it but i do use it in an botanicare aero cloner

Z

zoeronerer

i read that the airstone thing was a misprint ......but i dont use them or mag drive pumps to circulate works fine....i just keep my tank dark..... thats when i do drain to waste coco....

i used the aqua flakes for a flood and drain setup worked great with wool as well as coco ..yeild was better coco to drain waste ............

i like the canna a/b and the house and garden additives.....but i use like 30 products from maybe 10 diff companys not all hydro or pot industry......good luck they are fool proof just dont push the plants 2 hard...

G

GroHi

I like the RE... been on it for a little over a year.

Zoeronerer- definitely is true... do not run this in a recirculating rez especially with an airstone. The reason being is that they go bat shit & form a rather thick gel-like film all over everything. It was sooooo bad that had to do a complete rez dump/clean out after 1.5 days. I don't even add it to the rez, just to inoculate at mix & transplant.

Actually pretty darn cheap too as I run 1ml/gal initial inoculant, then .5ml at transplant/xf's. Mostly just to prevent any bad pathogens from taking while striking cuts... really did wonders for eliminating DO. Peace.

2fast4u2

2fast4u2

I love RE, i soak all my rockwool cubes in it for cuttings and seedlings, i must say, i have shaved a few days off getting my cuttings rooted with this stuff.

I am wondering, is it really alive??? My guy didnt say anything about beneficials when i bought it.

thought it wasnt even organic!

Any clues?

G

GroHi

Yeah, it's a suspended Bacillus... don't know which species in particular but would assume along the lines of Subtillus, or however it is spelled...?

Not supposed to be "alive" in the bottle, but will sprout with application to the medium. Peace.

S

snowkitty

This product has so many resounding endorsements from hydro farmers. Sounds like it is a bacillus-based root zone treatment/innoculator. Comparable to Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice or General Hydroponics SubCulture-B.

The best price I could find was 500 mL for $120, which is $0.24 per mL. Running a 70 gallon rez with weekly changes, that's $16.80 a week in product. A bottle would last me 6 weeks. OUCH.

I compared it to the price of Voodoo Juice, which is $0.07-$0.09 per mL. It calls for a first inoculation of 7.5-10 mL per liter followed by repeated applications at 1.5-4 mL per liter (that equals inoculation at 28-38 mL per gallon; repeat doses of 5.5-21.5 mL per gallon). That works out to $0.50 - $3.42 a week with a 70 gal rez.

Is H&G Roots Excelurator really worth $17 a week? Are you guys spending this per crop or is everyone else running super small rezes or what? Do you use it for the first 5 weeks of veg?

I always thought Voodoo Juice was expensive but the math is working out so that AN looks cheap...LOL. I'm not saying the products are exactly the same, but I tried to use a comparable bacillus-based product for the price comparison.

Here is a link to a data sheet from the manufacturer.
http://ukhouseandgarden.co.uk/downloads/roots excel report.pdf

ROOTS EXCELURATOR
Roots Excelurator Is the best and most powerful root stimulator available on today’s market, and our top show-piece in the area of nutrients. This powerful root stimulator ensures the explosive growth of the roots and rids the plant of brown roots, root sickness and mould. Roots Excelurator is a must-have for every successful grower.

PRODUCT INFORMATION
H&G Roots Excelurator creates a film around the roots, which functions as a kind of membrane. It keeps harmful disease germs out, but allows the absorption of nutrients. Roots Excelurator does not only create a film around the roots, but also isolates the disease germs to avoid reproduction.

APPLICATION
Use Roots Excelurator in the first five weeks.
Prepare your nutrient container as follows: First add the base nutrient to your container (e.g.: Soil A&B, A&B Hydro, Coco A&B). Adjust the EC- and pH-value of the nutrient container. Finally, add Roots Excelurator. Your nutrient container is ready for a first watering.

G

GroHi

Not meant to be run continuously w every rez change... not to be used in a rez for that matter. Not how I run it at least... as an inoculant for treating the medium initially.

Roots will grow in most any medium assuming it isn't too dry or too wet. This stuff just inhabits the entire medium prior to any other soil/water borne pathogens can take hold. I suppose the literature suggest "better" root development but perhaps only by secondary action of having a clean/healthy medium.

If you want bene's that are actually symbiotic with the root mass, then the trichoderma fungi are the way to go. These actually grow ON the roots & assist in nute uptake along with root mass expansion. The sub-M, or the like, e.g., Piranha.

As an inoculant for the RE, truly, .5ml per gal is more than sufficient & only to get the populations established. Assuming you don't let the medium dry up, they will remain alive in the medium indefinitely once established. The smaller bottle lasts me in excess of 6 months. Peace.

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
RE def works great I highly recommend!

M

MediVapeMan

RE is good stuff but it's a bit dirty. It's almost black in color and turns the rez water brown and leaves a thick residue in the clone machine. And it is semi organic so it would be a waste to use it with h202. I was using it and getting great results. I stopped using it because I didn't want anything organic in my hydro systems and I definitely am noticing a difference in how long it takes to root clones.

C

Castaway

I would suggest using Bio-Bizz Root-Juice, it is %100 vegetable based root stimulator. I seem very explosive growth, it also helps a lot with your nurtrient uptake, and helps keep your babies resistant to disease. If you have any questions about Root-Juice please do ask...THANKS

Bless;
Jacob

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

this stuff work with coco too??? or coco/perlite i see it's for soilless applications so i'd think it was, but could be mistaken...az

G

GetMedicated

i use this is my rockwool soak for cloning. often get roots growing out the tops of the cubes before the sides. using it with 1/4 dose nitrozime +Canna coco a+b @120-140ppm 5.5ph.

also run it in soil and coco/perlite. i run every third day, hand watered.
usually drop it from the lineup week 3 or 4 of flower.
works...

SKUNK420

SKUNK420

In the Nov/Dec issue of Urban Garden they tested House & Garden Root Excelurator and General Hydro's Floralicious Plus. In the article they had both company's submit their products for testing by UG's readers who wrote in to be testers of the products. Both products got favorable reviews.

I've tried GH's Floralicious Plus in coco with GH's Floranova and I liked it but in dwc it was a no go. The bubbles seems to brew it and roots went brown, but with FN only in dwc my roots stay white.
A friend of mine uses Root Excel in dwc and swears by it. I'm going to try it on my new batch of clones once they root.
I use a aerocloner with get this Dip & Grow (I know some of you are cringing) on the cuts and DynaGro K-L-N in the solution and get 90 to 100% results on my clones. I'm going to do a personal side test with Root Excel in the solution instead of the K-L-N to make sure I use it right and don't kill my cuts when I need them.

When I transplant my clones though I will use Root Excel this time because I've heard too much good stuff not to use it.

K

KushMaster707

my buddy is using the HG Roots Excelerator and the roots are growing like carpets out of the 6" rockwool cubes

H

HighTolerance

Dammit my syringe fell in to roots bottle. I had to stick my finger in to get it. Is the RE gonna be fucked up now or would it easily deal with the bacteria on my skin and the syringe.

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
I wouldve extracted the syringe with some tweezers as the excelurator is expensive stuff but obviously well worth it, however u should be fine HT I dont think that one time will kill ur RE...

H

HighTolerance

I tried tweezers without any luck. I hope it is still good.

Thanks strain man for your quick reply

N

NuNRG

hi it says 30 ML for 100 L of water . can i go over that ?? maybe 50 ML for 100 L it doesnt says wuts the max u should give it :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom