Anybody used/using Jack's (or Peter's) Classic Nutrients?!

• Thread starter bryen813
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bryen813

I've been considering switching one of my rooms running ebb n flow to Jack's Classic Nutrients (currently using Ionic Grow-Boost-Bloom). Was considering either the All Purpose (20-20-20) or I would prefer Orchid Special (30-10-10) if it is fully compatible with cannabis and has no negative effects.
Then looking to use the Bloom Booster (10-30-20) for Flower....

Few Q's...

Which of Jack's nutrients have you used with hydro?

Which are not compatible with hydroponics(or are any)?

Any issues due to nutes?

PH swings or stable?

I know it's not the best but have any of you used tap to mix with your Jack's (or Peters)?

E

ehole

jacks's and peters both make a hydro nute. it's like 5-12-26 and is supposed to be used with calcium nitrate in a 3:2 ratio. the jacks has about twice the amount of magnessium but other than that they are basically the same.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i know a guy runing jacks professional hydroponics and calcium nitrate each at 1/2ts per gal in dwc and he is throwing some beautiful plants. dudes name is closetgrowth you can find him online. he swears by this stuff so much i thought about running it my next run in my system. it's cheap stuff to!

C

chahuh

jacks

I have used jacks 20 20 20 for years in an ebb table with hydroton rocks at about 750 to 900 ppm with straight tap water with no other additives, I dont fool with the ph or chlorine, never even check em. I change the solution every week but never change the fert or ppm, I run the same exact type and numbers through every stage of the cycle, I start to flower them at 12 to 18 inches and I routinely get 10 "flowers" per plant which are larger than a one liter coke bottle, and 50 or so the size of dixie cups to pinballs, the biggest I usually photo next to a football or bowling ball "they're bigger". Dont go above 900ppm or theyll burn... below 700 they starve. its fool proof.

S

Shamrock

I just started using the Jacks hydro (3grams/gal.) Jacks calcium nitrate (2 grams/gal.) and epsom salt (.1 grams/gal.). The only other thing that I add is when im running dwc I use dutch master ZONE (1ml/gal.). It keeps the funk away.

I ordered it from the jrpeters website. There are a few people running this same recipe around here with amazing results. I just started using it on a couple plants yesterday and I already see a difference.

I paid 20 bucks for 1 lb. Jacks Hydro (will make about 125 gal.) and 1 lb. calcium nitrate (makes about 225 gal.). 20 bucks shipped. I would have bought a bigger quantity but, I wanted to make sure that I liked it first.

Hopefully I can report back about my bowling ball sized colas haha

squarepusher

squarepusher

ive bought from them before, its a good formula

however, their 'bloom' formula I think is poorly designed for cannabis, also you could benefit from supplementing with Kelp/Algae, Humics/Fulvics, and possibly even bene bacterias/fungus/trichoderma and even carbo's/amino's for the hardcore.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
ChronMOn....

Pointing the way to the truth.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
i know a guy runing jacks professional hydroponics and calcium nitrate each at 1/2ts per gal in dwc and he is throwing some beautiful plants. dudes name is closetgrowth you can find him online. he swears by this stuff so much i thought about running it my next run in my system. it's cheap stuff to!

1/2 tsp per gal is a lot. I run approx 1/2 of that with great results.

ttystikk

ttystikk

If a teaspoon is 5 ml, or close to 5 grams, then the 3 grams/gallon is pretty much right on the money. If he means Tablesppons, that's too much.

I feed:
3 g/gal Jacks 5-12-26
2 g/gal Calcium Nitrate (in my case Yara Liva brand)
1 g/gal Mag Sulfate (Epsom salts)
bottle strength DM Zone.

Plants scarf it up. I do pH balance mine to around 5.5, let the pH ride up, stack for a few weeks, then dump and start over. Since I live near the mountains where the pure water runs, I don't use RO all the time, and I get great results.

Now ask me how much money I'm saving over all those bottles and jugs of Advanced Hydro Dutch Canna Botanicare... I dare ya.

I

Isisyogi

I have used jacks 20 20 20 for years in an ebb table with hydroton rocks at about 750 to 900 ppm with straight tap water with no other additives, I dont fool with the ph or chlorine, never even check em. I change the solution every week but never change the fert or ppm, I run the same exact type and numbers through every stage of the cycle, I start to flower them at 12 to 18 inches and I routinely get 10 "flowers" per plant which are larger than a one liter coke bottle, and 50 or so the size of dixie cups to pinballs, the biggest I usually photo next to a football or bowling ball "they're bigger". Dont go above 900ppm or theyll burn... below 700 they starve. its fool proof.

Chahuh, what's the ppm of your tap water before adding nutes?

I

Isisyogi

Hey man, can't PM you, I'm in newbie jail on this site, lame.

Dying to know what your tap water ppm is before you add Jack's 20-20-20?

Do you add any other nutes?

What brand ppm meter do you have? Different conversions, want to make sure I can account for that.

Unless I use a shitload of JC, I can't get it up to 700 w/o major burn. That's using RO of 10. Just switched to tap to see if I could swing it, but my tap is at 550 ppm. Using the 1/4 tsp/gal, only brings it up to 660, and my ph is incredibly hard to keep stable and low.

Your details would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Happy thanksgiving!

Latest posts

Top Bottom