Anybody using the oxy-gen generator?

• Thread starter chrometrichs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Just curious if anyone has bought or tested this oxy-gen generator by oso research & development.

http://www.osornd.com/

I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject and some dissolved oxygen test results....:nerd

squarepusher

squarepusher

i was researching it, heard its about $1200 from someone on RIU who had researched it more. Looks good, supersaturates your water with Dissolved Oxygen, but a tad pricey.

Its electrolysis based

L

Lost

Im interested to find out from people that have used this with a disolved oxygen meter. :)

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

I remember reading the company saw a 7% improvement in DO levels, but they didn't state the overall DO level it created or what the DO level was before the test....I would think the company would be flaunting these tests numbers to merit the stiff pricetag

L

Lost

I heard if you fart in the res and make bubbles..

Oh damn wrong thread...

:)

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

The 1200 price tag is steep but there really is nothing else out there claiming to raise DO levels. I'm not about to throw down for one without some concrete evidence of effectiveness. Plus this thing will probably be copied and released with a smaller pricetag. I still want to hear from the guy that had 1200 burning a hole in his pocket and said f*ck it, why not.

N

nuttyguy

There is a product that some fishermen use in there live wells called the Oxygenator. It is an electrolysis gizmo that splits the hydrogen and the oxygen molecule. I have seen them run in clear plastic demo tanks and it pretty cool. Tons of little bubbles. The hydrogen breaks the surface of the water no problem, but the oxygen seems to have a problem breaking through the surface tension. The product is supposed to keep fish alive longer in the live wells.

They are run from a 12 volt battery. They look real easy to install. If interested you can ck em out at KeepFishAlive.com. Alot cheaper than 1200.

How come nowbody talks about the hydrogen in H2O.

Total noob here just sharing a thought.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Somebody with a UC thread was testing this out I remember, can anyone refresh my memory?

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Now if Ben would only come back and talk story with us:)

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

i run 0 airstones in any rezz that isnt for dwc. feel free to check my threads for the results....

IMO disolved O2 is never a factor. Plants split h2o into H and o2 with ease, so why would they need/how would they uptake O2?

i use airstones in rdwc for free o2, not dissolved. free 02 is a requirement for osmosis, the process roots use to uptake anything at all.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Sure guys.

First: Plant tissue is made up primarily (about 96%) of oxygen, hydrogen and carbon. The 17-18 elemental supplements we provide plants only makes up the other 4%. One of the main ways in which plants achieve this is by spliting the H and O2 that they uptake as water. This process is always taking place inside the plant.

Second: Plant roots uptake water (and thus solution) through the process of osmosis. That process requires free O2 in order to take place which is why overwatering effectively kills plants from a lack of water.

Based upon these 2 facts i removed all airstones from my rockwol, hydroton and coco rezz's and in my RDWC i shoot for as much free O2 flowing passed the rootzone (thus allowing osmosis to take place.)

This change in mentality has drastically improved my grows. Also, i believe the ridiculous rate of evapotranspiration that takes place in the rdwc to be further proof to support my hypothesis.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom