Anyone Able To Help Me Figure Out Why My Clones Are Dying?

• Thread starter Michigandude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Michigandude

Michigandude

I'v been growing for almost 4 years and have never had this issue before. A couple of my clones get like so wetish they get limp and fall over and kind of feel like they'r deteriorating. I us the EZ clone system
Anyone able to help me figure out why my clones are dying

Polar510

Polar510

Maybe You trimmed to much leaf off of them.
Are You giving them more light then usual? Whens the last time You decontaminated the Cloner? Do You foliar with water to maintain proper humidity levels? Are You using just plain water? I know You said 4 years You have been doing the same thing so look for any variable that could be causing it, Temp and Humidity changes etc..

P

PassTheJ

Almost with complete certainty, it's the amount of leaf you trim.. They don't have anything to use for photosynthesis. Honestly, I'd put more gel on the tips in your case.. Try to extend life enough to grow new leaf..

1. Don't trim past 50%.
2. I use Clone King with 100% success everytime, I don't trim anything at all..EVER.. In that state, any trimming would substantially increase the time it takes for roots to grow. In an airation machine, the humidity and oxygenated water combinecombined with optimal water temp, you don't even need cloning gel or solutions. It'll root anything. I prefer wishbone cuts. They seem to work flawlessy..
3. I clones for 3 weeks until roots are 10 in. long and the plant is about 8 inches tall. I prefer to get them as strong as possible before setting them in soil. It also let's you separate roots during setting and allows you to place them how ever you'd like.

I prefer to star fish my roots. They seem to anchor very well..

Scee

Scee

No need for a dome or foliar when using.an aero cloner. You want the plant to get rh from.below, not above.

I would leave more leaf material. That' all the food it' gonna get for 9 days or so
Would that be true for clones in wet soil too?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Have you given water cloning a try?

First off I never trim the fan leaves. Leave them alone. Make your diagonal cut and put them into a solo cup filled with tap water. Let them sit for 3 days and change out the water. In another couple days they should have white bumps on the stalks. Transplant into your growing medium. Done.

I started with an aero cloner and had mediocre luck with it. In the end a clogged sprayer head did me in and killed off a strain I really liked. Granted I should have taken better care of it between cloning sessions but let’s face it most of us just don’t.

That’s why I like water cloning personally. It’s very low maintenance and has a really high rate of success. Which is odd considering it’s not fancy at all.

But hey just figured I’d throw that out there.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I'v been growing for almost 4 years and have never had this issue before. A couple of my clones get like so wetish they get limp and fall over and kind of feel like they'r deteriorating. I us the EZ clone systemView attachment 773061
it happened to me too wen my pump got infected with something after i left it too long between cleanings\changing the water.i had to clean it all out with bleach n shit.still had problems.i ended up just goin back to jiffy cubes and a prop.so much easier.just take Yir cuts as normal-make sure cubes aren't too wet to start with leav em in your prop for 7 days without opening.after 7 days prop open lid a few centimetres and within a day or two o opening most wil have struck roots.
i know that's not the answer your lookin for but its the best iv got I'm afraid

NGA

NGA

This dome,trim leafs,spraying them, come on guys your just killing the girls

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Oxycloner, roots in 9-12 days, only water, changed out at 7day intervals. Dipped with clonex and 8days in i use vitamin b1. The trick is to keep it clean. Under 19w led, cheap Home Depot grow light in a 1x2x4 tent just for cloning. Been using for a while. I do change hoses out about once a month, they are cheap. , I have spare air stones that I soak in peroxide and switch out with water change. And cleaning is just soap water , spray with peroxide, rinse and plain ol tap water works .
As far at the rot, I think it maybe bacterial and or lack off leaf material. Try not trimming it back.
I monster crop so these are all flowering lower cuts. If I do normal cuts I feed the Mother flowering light nutes for a week before I take cuts. They root better when the nitrogen in them is lower..

F50082CE 85D8 4327 A4C6 30FF7E00796A
59E0DA41 F93B 4578 9FE3 1AAFFE7C04BE
014B187B 2D8F 4DC2 BC6A 4DA947598EAC
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

here's a cut that struck roots two days ago and was potted up.notice the difference in health between this clone and what's in your cloner.you need bigger stronger clones although my turbo kloner wen used properly will root even the smallest of shoots but small shoots can loose condition pretty fast wen rooting

WP 20180828 14 23 56 Pro
Top Bottom