Anyone been through the airport lately?

• Thread starter 520Gthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
They probably confiscated it but perhaps should have left instructions on how to get it back on return.
not sure what business they had taking someone's property from a checked bag that wasn't illegal to possess. not to mention, i was on a one way flight on that particular flight, moving across the country. like fuck if the govt is going to be considerate and ship someone's property they decided to submit for civil forfeiture.

growsince79

growsince79

the key with this is don't have a common black suitcase. ime, every single time i've flown with a "make it blend in with the crowd" suitcase, my shit has been searched, often ending up with shit being stolen. i picked up an osprey duffle bag that is fluorescent green and since then haven't had it searched once out of dozens of flights with it checked. still wouldn't put product in my checked bag though, in the off chance those fuckers raid it. best to carry on your person imo.
I used to put hash in my shoe, now they make you take them off. Thanks a lot shoe bomber.

freezeland2

freezeland2

not sure what business they had taking someone's property from a checked bag that wasn't illegal to possess. not to mention, i was on a one way flight on that particular flight, moving across the country. like fuck if the govt is going to be considerate and ship someone's property they decided to submit for civil forfeiture.
I’m not suggesting what they did was right. Just offered a possible motive. Either way having stuff taken is not right.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I’m not suggesting what they did was right. Just offered a possible motive. Either way having stuff taken is not right.
didn't take it as you were justifying it, no harm no foul. i'd be a lot more pissed if they took my weed though. a knife is a dime a dozen, even if it's a $200 knife. good weed is priceless.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I've been through lots of airports and never had my wallet searched.
another airport lesson... don't forget the credit card knife your brother in law gave you in your wallet. TSA pulls you aside for that lol

520Gthumb

520Gthumb

I was worried about body scanner. I need my meds and traveling with conservative in laws that would disown me if anything happened. Any thoughts on scanner I have herd u can opt for pat down instead.

520Gthumb

520Gthumb

Also happy turkey day and thanks to everyone for info , love the community, fight for freedom

Ponky

Ponky

I was worried about body scanner. I need my meds and traveling with conservative in laws that would disown me if anything happened. Any thoughts on scanner I have herd u can opt for pat down instead.
Just don't travel with weed on you. You're going to have to drink to cope with your family. It's called Thanksgiving. :(

However..https://oaklandmofo.com/blog/sneaking-weed-on-airplanes

Weed shows up as orange. Same as all organic material. Like snacks and stuff. So. Decide your risk to reward ratio.

Possession. Possession of 20 grams or less of cannabis is a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum sentence of 1 year imprisonment and a maximum fine of $1,000. Possession of more than 20 grams of cannabis is a felony punishable by a maximum sentence of 5 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $5,000.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Any legal state doesn't care. They don't tip off your state of arrival. The TSA doesn't care if you're below the legal possession limit in your state of departure. The worst they do is make you throw it away when you say "Whoops. Took that bag to "insert destination" last weekend and forgot." Not like the old days. I may or may not have "tripped and fallen" on a beagle once as a proactive measure....

520Gthumb

520Gthumb

Just don't travel with weed on you. You're going to have to drink to cope with your family. It's called Thanksgiving. :(

However..https://oaklandmofo.com/blog/sneaking-weed-on-airplanes

Weed shows up as orange. Same as all organic material. Like snacks and stuff. So. Decide your risk to reward ratio.

Possession. Possession of 20 grams or less of cannabis is a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum sentence of 1 year imprisonment and a maximum fine of $1,000. Possession of more than 20 grams of cannabis is a felony punishable by a maximum sentence of 5 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $5,000.
Thanks for letting me know and happy thanksgiving

Moshmen

Moshmen

I was planning a trip to fla and my son doesn't smoke or know anyone who does. Military still frowns on weed. I'd feel strange asking cousins I haven't seen in 40 years to hook me up. I probably just take hash.
Central fla? I know a guy! Lmao

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Guys you need Mylar if you want to carry anything that can smell.

They don't permeate smell where vac seals do basically within 30mins of sealing them.

Good practice is to vac seal first, then seal that within your mylar bag which you then heat seal, hair straighteners work great but you can get the real heat sealers made especially for sealing mylar.

Friend of mine would travel from Florida to Germany with a couple of oz's of A-Grade rack and never had a problem, mylar is fantastic you can send anything anywhere and it will never be detected by smell.

Forgot to add i have had weed in mylar, in my pockets and walked straight pass a sniffer dog at an airport.

Top Bottom