Anyone "dehydrate" Prior To Extraction?

• Thread starter 2highdro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

2highdro

Read somewhere that spreading your material on a baking sheet and throwing in the oven at 120f for an hour or 2 helps to keep the extraction lighter in color, and that yields improve. I understand why the yield may improve as water is removed, but lighter?? I would think the opposite.
Anyone do this? Would love to hear the different opinions regarding this.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Read somewhere that spreading your material on a baking sheet and throwing in the oven at 120f for an hour or 2 helps to keep the extraction lighter in color, and that yields improve. I understand why the yield may improve as water is removed, but lighter?? I would think the opposite.
Sounds like decarboxylation for edibles.

2highdro

Nope. this was prior to extraction. Might've even been here. I'm gonna look for that thread & post a link if I find it.

Graywolf

Graywolf

If we are just extracting bulk oil, we sometimes heat the material in a 200F oven until it is just frangible, so we can sift it through a 10 mesh strainer.

If we want to make it lighter in color, we freeze the moisture in place and extract with subzero LPG.

Leew421

Leew421

The best method I have found is drying material completely. Pack it and freeze it. Also freeze your butane. I use normal butane. Run everything frozen. This will leave a lot of dark color in the material.

20160820 174710
Top Bottom