anyone delt with oragocide?

• Thread starter pliscan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pliscan

Organocide worked great got rid of the bugs that zero tolorence couldnt, and didnt burn any of my leaves. But the shit Fucking stinks. when will the fish smell disipate? I'm worried the smell wont leave my budds.

N

nughit

Dude that shit takes forever to stop stinking. I used it 1 time in veg and the shit stunk for like a month. After that I threw it away.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
you are right. used that shit per recomendations of an unamed magazine this summer on my plant that needed it, seemed to work, so i sprayed my other plants with it to be safe.almost all my plants taste like that shit. i've found the ones with the least amount and am smoking them (some plants were barely sprayed). the others i've been giving away.DON'T USE THAT SHIT if you do they say to rinse it off after an hour.... your weed will taste like that shit no matter what you do once it is applied
i never sprayed my plants with anything but mild baking soda water and only when necessary,but i had a bad bug problem attacking my best and biggest purple plant. i read an article(not in high times) in a magazine i thought i could trust and it said that organicide was organic, not harmful to people, or to my plants- perfect-except it made the flav taste like crap made querkle taste like crap jc2 crap flo crap ak-47 crap etc... the only thing i can say positive is that it will still get you high DON'T USE THAT SHIT OR YOUR WEED WILL TASTE LIKE CRAP

sincerely mal

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
p.s. i made hash with the worst of it to try and wash the crap off even rinsed each bag for several minutes had to give it all away.tastes like organicide
will kill your bugs and your weed as well

mal

A

ARTofMAKINGfire

Organocide isn't good for marijuana plants IMHO.

It is 95% fish oils. The residue of taste and odor it leaves in your buds compared to it's effectiveness, deems it useless. I saw thrips swim around and play in the stuff.

May I recommend Montery's Garden Spray? It contains Spinosid and is OMRI listed for organic materials. It really kills bugs because it has a pesticide in it. Don't use more than 3 or 4 weeks as I believe it's half life is 14 days. This stuff stops thrips in their tracks. One application and they are gone! It doesn't harm or even slow the plants down at all.

I understand the methodology of Ed and his "all natural" "deterents". But sometimes (especially when a large crop is at stake) you NEED a pesticide. Hot pepper juice and cinnomin extract only pisses them off and serves to moves them around you room. I want them DEAD.

My rule is, if I can't see any trichromes or buds that I'm going to smoke, I'll hit them with whatever they need. Sulfer vapors, copper sulfates, Spinosid, whatever. And if they are in veg. amd I get a mite infestation... I'm breaking out the AVID. Done. ;)

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Not sure how yall are using it in actual hands on application but I use it relegiously and it works great, no residual, no taste, never use within three weeks of harvest, the fish oil boost the plants if you go in after an hour they are all turgid and happy as pigs in shit, it is completely organic, is a kiler PM inoculant and treatment, I kick in a drop or two of Azatrol or Neem-Py every once in awhile incase any of those bastards are gettin immune to the mix.

Fish oils and fish emulsions are the bases of most of the badass organic nutrient regimes available so i am not sure i track how they are not good or even badass for mj plants.

Home Depot and Lowes carries it so it is easy to get even on a Sunday

Tex

B

Bunny

I used neem oil soley till i tried Oragnicide, now its the only thing i use. I rarely have any problems, it really does seem to give em a little boost, nice pointy dagger leafs, hehe. Ive never noticed any taste at all, smell is kinda mild to me, compared to all the other stinky shit we use while growing.

Bunbun:icon_animal26:

smokedherb

smokedherb

I have to agree with Art on organicide. That stuff stains and leaves heavy residue along with an terrible smell and taste if you get it on your bud. A mixture of azamax and montery's garden spray will wipeout everything in 3 applications guaranteed.

P

pliscan

My weed smells so bad I have flies gathering at the door..... trying to get OUT! Is there anything I can do to lessen the damage? Cure with lemon or grapefruit rinds?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Try actual poisons instead of these organic remedies if you want to get away from the smell and use something that really works...

Tex

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
if it smells bad how do you think it tastes

Tex, don't know how you are using it, but i used the instructions on the bottle 2 oz per gallon, which i have a 2.5 gallon sprayer i filled with rainwater and added 2 oz which is less than 1/2 strength. i then shook the shit like it was on fire while spraying my plant( similar to neem oil application). it did so well that i sprayed the rest of my plants when i mixed the next batch 5 days later. i did not spray anything on my girls the last 3-4 weeks. my plants that i sprayed taste like shit, so bad that i've given most of it away to people i explained what the problem was and they just shrug their shoulders because as i said earlier it still gets you real high.my greed to save that beautiful purple plant cost me dearly.

mal

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Man your seriously blowing this out of perportion. So many people use organicide it would be nearly impossible to even suspect how many people actually use it. The odds that youve never bought a sack that had fish oil sprayed on it at some point is shockingly low. There are LOTS and LOTS of bug repellents that use fish oils and there cheap and super effective. I guess what im saying is dont scare people away from a kickass product thats readily availible to anyone near a home depot or lowes or wal mart anytime, because you used it on one plant one time. If ya dont like it use some avid, ya might go blind or paralyzed but you wont have bugs. Hope ya get it worked out.

Otoe

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I am on my second year of constant use in all my setups, thats about all I have to say about that..

Tex

H

hotrod68

I had to use it the other day, was in a bind and no where was open but home depot and thats about all they had (organic). Mixed and used at about 3/4 strength. Room still mildly stinks like fish 3 days later, although the odor seems to dissipate more every day. I kno it's still early but seems to have conquered my problem thankfuly. Plants are in last week of veg. and all looks good so far. Hope there's no prob with the end result.

HR68

P

pliscan

My plants have been hanging for a several days now. I sealed a few of the budds that fell off in a baggy for a day in order to crack it open to take a big sniff and really evaluate the smell. Other then the smell of still being a little damp it really smelled good and if I wasnt trying to smell fish I dont think I would of detected it at all. I still wish I didnt use it because of the stress it caused me and the fact that when it got on my hands they smelled like bad pussy all day long. So maybe Organocide isnt all that bad but I'll never use it again.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
i can't stand the taste of 3/4 of my plants thats all i've got to say, except " to each his own ". have a great 2010 everyone.

mal

yezmar420

yezmar420

If you are indoors just use hot shot no pest strips, just hang them right before the lights turn out and cut the exhaust during the dark period. Do this for a couple days and you will be bug free...I tried Organocide once and it didn't affect the taste of my plants but the smell turned my stomach..

fractaLz

fractaLz

Not sure how yall are using it in actual hands on application but I use it relegiously and it works great, no residual, no taste, never use within three weeks of harvest, the fish oil boost the plants if you go in after an hour they are all turgid and happy as pigs in shit, it is completely organic, is a kiler PM inoculant and treatment, I kick in a drop or two of Azatrol or Neem-Py every once in awhile incase any of those bastards are gettin immune to the mix.

Fish oils and fish emulsions are the bases of most of the badass organic nutrient regimes available so i am not sure i track how they are not good or even badass for mj plants.

Home Depot and Lowes carries it so it is easy to get even on a Sunday

Tex

I gotta go with Tex on this one, but to be fair I've never used it past week 3 of flowering. PM won't ever rear its ugly head unless your environmental conditions are completely out of whack.

If I'm dealing with mites, thrips, aphids,etc. I like to use 75% strength solution 1X a week (3 tbs/gl) until I notice at least 95% reduction in adult population. Its never taken me more than 3 applications (1X/week) to virtually wipe everything out.

For veg. and mother maintenance I think this is an absolute must have product.

If I had to use it past week 3 in flower I would move the solution out of my big sprayer into a small spray bottle where I could manage the direction/amount of spray. This way you avoid soaking your buds.

Z

z pine

Organocide should never be used at full strength unless you are spraying your soil .. I only use a half ounce per gallon and it works awesome .. I don't spray my plants with anything after third week of flower ..

Cort

Cort

I will use that stuff on my peppers outside but I wont even mix that shit indoors. Spraying on buds? Not an option from where I sit.

Top Bottom