Anyone else get hives when touching plants

• Thread starter BigMoistDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigMoistDaddy

BigMoistDaddy

I’m not sure if I have an allergy or effected by something spayed on plant or something in the plant. I notice Hives and itching especially when I am messing around with the plant itself. I have been smoking weed for a long time and I honestly only Vape my weed nowadays but when I smoke heavily on some days I’ll sometimes get a slight reaction like bump on my lip or a few hives, or congestion/tightness. However if I just use my dry herb vape I have no issues and can vape weed all day long. But whenever I go to water my plants or have 10 blunts in a few hours I’ll break out in a few bad hives/burning/itching that will go away in a few minutes to hours. Sometimes I’ll even get a few like 5 tiny hive bumps when I touch weed other times I don’t have any reactions I’m just curious if anyone else has these problems

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I’m not sure if I have an allergy or effected by something spayed on plant or something in the plant. I notice Hives and itching especially when I am messing around with the plant itself. I have been smoking weed for a long time and I honestly only Vape my weed nowadays but when I smoke heavily on some days I’ll sometimes get a slight reaction like bump on my lip or a few hives, or congestion/tightness. However if I just use my dry herb vape I have no issues and can vape weed all day long. But whenever I go to water my plants or have 10 blunts in a few hours I’ll break out in a few bad hives/burning/itching that will go away in a few minutes to hours. Sometimes I’ll even get a few like 5 tiny hive bumps when I touch weed other times I don’t have any reactions I’m just curious if anyone else has these problems

Some people are allergic to cannabis, so all I can tell you is to go to your doctor and ask for a test they should be able to figure it out for you.

BigMoistDaddy

BigMoistDaddy

Some people are allergic to cannabis, so all I can tell you is to go to your doctor and ask for a test they should be able to figure it out for you.
If I was allergic I wouldn’t be able to use marijuana every day like I have been for the past four years. Im Assuming it must be an intolerance to certain plant matter or chemicals on the plant

Wandering81

Wandering81

When I trim or touch live plants, my hands absolutely itch like crazy with hives. I'll sneeze my ass off too. Full blown allergy attack it seems

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
If I was allergic I wouldn’t be able to use marijuana every day like I have been for the past four years. Im Assuming it must be an intolerance to certain plant matter or chemicals on the plant
Right. Yeah I'm no doctor or anything but I'm pretty sure they can do some tests to pinpoint exactly what you're allergic to.

Wandering81

Wandering81

Right. Yeah I'm no doctor or anything but I'm pretty sure they can do some tests to pinpoint exactly what you're allergic to.
No need. Only happens when harvesting. I don't need a doctor to tell me that lol. Been happening since I started growing, and ain't killed me yet

BigMoistDaddy

BigMoistDaddy

No need. Only happens when harvesting. I don't need a doctor to tell me that lol. Been happening since I started growing, and ain't killed me yet
Makes me feel better to know that I’m not the only one that gets really itchy and hives from fucking around with live plants specifically. I assume cannabis is just like any other weed where weed leaves give you rashes and itchiness as a protection

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Happens to me sometimes. I try and wear long sleeves if I think I might be messing with my plants to the point the leaves might brush up against my skin.
When it does happen it's just Ike you said you get hives and they get fairly itchy but goes away pretty quickly for me. Probably all gone within half hour.

growsince79

growsince79

I noticed that, but only on certain plants @ harvest. It's only certain wet plants - one more reason to dry trim.

Top Bottom