Anyone Else Get "nipples" On Their Buds?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Agree with everyone. Light bleaching.

And you may like your results better if you let them go longer in my opinion.

It isn't foxtailing. It is much like was said...like the little nubb that grows on an ear of corn late in the season. I have it only with the mostly sativa Matanuska Thunderf**k. I have grown this same strain for 30+ years under 1000W MH and HPS. Mine is never burnt or bleached and is unlike any other growth I've seen in my experience. I haven't noticed it yet but things aren't finished yet due to the long flowering period they seem to have. I don't have any photos currently, but they seem a little different than the one in the picture, which seems like a stretched flower/bud tip..the growth I'm describing is as bald as I am.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It isn't foxtailing. It is much like was said...like the little nubb that grows on an ear of corn late in the season. I have it only with the mostly sativa Matanuska Thunderf**k. I have grown this same strain for 30+ years under 1000W MH and HPS. Mine is never burnt or bleached and is unlike any other growth I've seen in my experience. I haven't noticed it yet but things aren't finished yet due to the long flowering period they seem to have. I don't have any photos currently, but they seem a little different than the one in the picture, which seems like a stretched flower/bud tip..the growth I'm describing is as bald as I am.

I am pretty sure I have seen the hard green growth on my diesel/ Thai buds before. Tapering off nutes during ripening and only feeding minimally seems to have stopped that and also excessive little side branching and stacked leaves with too many fingers.

But with all your experience with the strain I wish you had a pic to see.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I am pretty sure I have seen the hard green growth on my diesel/ Thai buds before. Tapering off nutes during ripening and only feeding minimally seems to have stopped that and also excessive little side branching and stacked leaves with too many fingers.

But with all your experience with the strain I wish you had a pic to see.
I think I underfeed them if anything, but the plants are so lanky and tall that they don't behave like anything I've come across. It's very old and nothing like any plants I've seen on here indoors...it is def a preferred outdoors strain. I have some general pics of the strain, but my camera sucks. The curling of the leaves is a result of the plants growing above the level of the light, not nitrogen overdose. This is in a indoor 12X7 room. For scale, you can see the large exhaust hose on the far left on one of the pics. The nipple would be sticking out of the end of the biggest colas, but these are unaffected...yet.
20181128 124534
20181128 124255
20181128 124534
20181128 124255

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think I underfeed them if anything, but the plants are so lanky and tall that they don't behave like anything I've come across. It's very old and nothing like any plants I've seen on here indoors...it is def a preferred outdoors strain. I have some general pics of the strain, but my camera sucks. The curling of the leaves is a result of the plants growing above the level of the light, not nitrogen overdose. This is in a indoor 12X7 room. For scale, you can see the large exhaust hose on the far left on one of the pics. The nipple would be sticking out of the end of the biggest colas, but these are unaffected...yet.
View attachment 843961 View attachment 843962 View attachment 843961 View attachment 843962

I get some leaf curl like that even directly under the lamp sometimes on picky sativas.

I mostly grow from seed so I don’t know what to expect to fertilize so I taper all plants up slowly and hope to see what they need.

I have an OG Kush x Trainwreck that had some curly leaves so I leached the pot a bit and fed less strong nutes and the leaves straightened out.

But now I am seeing a potassium deficiency which is not unusual at week 5 or so but I know I can only give so much fertilizer before she locks out her roots.

The plants that I said had the green hard overgrowth that sounds similar to what you describe had this trouble with nitrogen imbalance.

If I am off base sorry for the long post.

Top Bottom