Anyone else seen "The Union"? (+my new stance on industrial hemp lol)

• Thread starter ShorelineTex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ShorelineTex

I just saw a documentary on pot prohibition called "The Union". It's freakin' awesome if you haven't seen it. Great survey of the current state of things as well as a logical explanation of how we got here.

There was one scene with a guy that has MS and has violent muscle spasms. He took 2-3 hits off of a straight-through metal pipe and *completely* stopped having violent spasms. I mean, not that I wasn't all-for MMJ before I saw the movie, but this scene really drove home the question "why is this stuff still Schedule I?".

They also discussed the industrial hemp movement, which was enlightening, but I had a few afterthoughts about that.

What if really, really large amounts of industrial hemp were in-bloom from say late September through November? Would that fuck up all the sinsemilla being grown in non-closed systems? Would the cost of premium pot shoot up during this time of the year due to all our ladies getting knocked up by hemp jizz? I don't know if I like that...lol...

S

Siksol

Yes The Union is a awesome Documentary, seen it sometime ago actually. I think it should be played on tv for all to see, would help change alot of minds.

W

waverunner_21

yer, saw it a while back, thought it was actually pritty good. remember the part with that underground container complex, that was really impressive.

S

splakow

i like it alot. it talks alot bout the marijuana cultivation industry alot.
awesome job market if u ask me. perfect work environment for a stoner whos a carpenter and grower. im all for the union literally ;)

fractal

fractal

I saw it, and it was pretty cool

But. . . Was expecting a lot more in detail coverage of things. The best they could do was film some stoner's hobby grow. The train cars were awesome but they were ruins.

The real scene wasn't about to let these guys just come in with mics and cameras no doubt.

I rate it a 3/10 overall, if they had scored an interview with a real deal 20+ k grower I would give it a 7. They could have even shown us some tits, to make up for the lack of buds and plants. I know there are plenty of beautiful french canadian women in canada with tits that would make Jesus salivate.

Because in BC, there is no excuse for such a pathetic showing of what hydro grows are really all about. This was like a hydroponics store advertisement.

Top Bottom