anyone ever a food dehrdrator for drying?

• Thread starter him
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

him

anyone ever used a food dehrdrator for drying?

i was out looking around and noticed an old (but still new) food dehydrator..made for turning fruits and such into dried food...i was just curious if anyone had ever tried using one of these to dry their buds?

lazarus718

lazarus718

i was out looking around and noticed an old (but still new) food dehydrator..made for turning fruits and such into dried food...i was just curious if anyone had ever tried using one of these to dry their buds?

Don't do that bro!!! The heat in those things is really high and it will absolutely ruin your trichomes man! There is no shortcut or quick way to cure good bud, Bud.

T

TreFarmer

With my first buds in 92...
Like Laz said.. don't do it!!

H

him

lol, alright...i'll put it back where i found it...thanks for the heads up lol

T

TreFarmer

Sorry to burst your excitement... but tomorrow you woulda been very unhappy...

I have heard dry ice will quick dry... FAIR
Remember quick dry is never good....

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Hey man keep that thing around they're great for drying fruit strips!

H

him

well it has an adjustable thermostat and stuff on it, i was just thinking to load it funn of buds and kind of just do a faster version of the jarred curing method..turn it on awhile until the outside starts to lose moisture, then leave it closed and let more moisture come to the top, then turn it on for awhile again..i know the back of my mind says not to do it aswell so i'm just gonna follow the advice of you guys...I'm in no hurry, just new to it and still have a TON of questions/ideas

H

him

question on the dry ice real quick, is that a cost effective way to generate co2?

T

TreFarmer

question on the dry ice real quick, is that a cost effective way to generate co2?

Not really for growing purposes. you working will raise the CO2 pretty good just spend more time w/ ur girls
...for a quick "sample" dry... yes

lazarus718

lazarus718

Not really for growing purposes. you working will raise the CO2 pretty good just spend more time w/ ur girls
...for a quick "sample" dry... yes
Yep, I sit with my crop for a few hours a night. If you're going to mess with CO2 you need to have a sealed room, monitors, yadda yadda yadda. Dry ice won't cut it.

darkpink

darkpink

ive seen it done on low before like 80-90deg or so, basicly just a bunch of air moving through at those temps. i never smoked it thought so i cant say if its good or bad. ive never dried my harvest like that, ide rather wait 5 more days min.

C

crispy

i have used them in the past
it takes out most of the flavor and smell but it will work in a jam

J

JustPothead

HIm.. There are a number of food dehydrators available on the market with variable temperature setting. I personally use the Nesco American Harvester, available here. http://www.nesco.com/

This is by no means the best or even a reccomended method of drying your buds. In a pinch, when a patient is in pain, and there is nothing else available, it will do the trick. Just put it in on the lowest possible setting for 18-24 ours, turning the buds over a few times during this process. The finished product will retain some of the recognizable chlorophyll flavors, but otherwise is perfectly fine to smoke.

S

shibbyshawn

try a dehumidifier, indirect airflow from a fan, and 70-80 degree temps. If you are looking for just a nug or 2 to smoke real quicklike use an oven on around 140 or the microwave(youtube that one) it is a piss poor way to do it but it will get you high in a pinch

Top Bottom