Anyone ever blast into Teflon Bags?

• Thread starter Delerium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Delerium

Delerium

Was looking to get some Teflon Beaker Liners to shoot into.
Possibly silicone also.
Teflon ones are definitely disposable and should be a lot easier to work with than pyrex, nothing getting stuck all over and needing to be scraped.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

never done it, read its safer than using oil slick which is not reusable. subb to see if anyone has actually done it

HeadKracker

HeadKracker

i have blasted into teflon bags .. i ordered 5 gal sized ones... blasted right into the bags, and also cut em up and lined pans with em... didnt work very well honestly.. the teflon bags have such a smooth surface the oil really stuck to it.. i wont blast onto mats, paper or anything else... they all react with butane.. im an old fashioned blaster i guess...lol... i stick to glass pans...

just my experience..

Graywolf

Graywolf

To my knowledge, Foaf is the creator of Teflon bag processing, so I would suggest reading the thread he posted above and picking his keen alleged mind with any questions.

Delerium

Delerium

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=50302

I've been using gallon Teflon bags for a while. They are durable and you can use them 100 times. They cost too much to throw away.
I'm going to read that thread in a few cuz I want to get some bags in the mail before the weekend.
Seems if I continually blast multiple tubes into the same dish as opposed to lining up multiple dishes the end product comes out more oily. IYE does blasting multiple tubes into the same pyrex do this or was it user error. Basically after you load another tube most of the butane has evaped off.

foaf

foaf

didnt work very well honestly.. the teflon bags have such a smooth surface the oil really stuck to it..
after you blow the butane/oil mix into the bag, you boil off the bulk of the solvent and then purge it in the bag. Then I pop the bag into the freezer and once its cold you crush it up and pour the powder into your storage container.
they all react with butane..
Teflon does not react with butane at all, that's the reason it is useful.
Seems if I continually blast multiple tubes into the same dish as opposed to lining up multiple dishes the end product comes out more oily.
Probably because you end up with a much thicker layer of oil so you have to manage your purging technique accordingly. Thicker oil you have to be careful that you don't heat it too much for too long, so thicker layers of oil were the reason I started vacuum purging BHO.

I also store my oil in smaller teflon baggies and store them in the freezer in glass. When you want to use some you take the baggie out cold, bang on it with something wood or I use my cork handled opener, and it makes a powder you can pour into another container, like a glass vial for dabbing.

I use this one http://www.fluorolab.com/13x1250milmodifiedptfebag10pack.aspx

7787teflon 3

7787teflon 4

7787teflon 5

7787teflon 2

7787bho tef2

and while the picture wasn't to show using a bag, you almost can see how I blow propane hash oil into a gallon Teflon bag here.

Propane

alleged mind

I caught that :)

Last edited:
Delerium

Delerium

Exactly what I'm looking for.
I tried for the first time to blast onto 2 pieces of parchment only because I have about a lb of kief and didn't want to line up 4-6 dishes.
Too much surface area with the parchment and you can see where your never going to get that thin film off of the paper.
I've been doing dry ice and blasting the kief.

HeadKracker

HeadKracker

sorry bout the way i worded that... wasnt implying that teflon does, was talkin bout the mats n papers .. srry, had to clarify that... i never tried doing the full purge in the teflon bag... maybe thats where i messed up.. seem more surface area exposed of the extraction, the faster and better it will purge. so i never tried blasting multiple tubes in one bage.. guess i never really gave the bags a full shot... was a while back prolloy a year n a half ta two years ago... i know i still have a few of em... maybe ill have to dig em out n give em another go this weekend.. thanx for sharing the knowledge n tech

peace n Dabs
HK

tweedy

tweedy

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Seriously, thank you so much. @foaf and whomever else has helped this idea come to light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom