Anyone ever blasted with this before? - Pure ZHO?

• Thread starter Theoneandonly Z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

http://purezho.com/

Anyone ever blasted with this before   pure zho
Anyone ever blasted with this before   pure zho 2

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

from what ive gathered:
-it leaves very little trace in extracts.
-Its labeled as a degreaser, but was designed strictly for blasting.
-It is not keyboard cleaner.
-they wont tell anyone what it is...
-not cheap
-organic??

hoping some expert extract artists or some science guys can chime in with their thoughts??
@Graywolf @squiggly @1971

C

crocodile og

Citric acid maybe? Lots of cleaning products are citric acid based.

Whats it smell like?

How much a can?

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

ive never tried it, just heard about it from a good friend. 12$/can i think. says on the website i linked
Citric acid maybe? Lots of cleaning products are citric acid based.

Whats it smell like?

How much a can?

B

BestAround

90 % dichloromethane . 10% Carbon dioxide... how is that a secret.. look at the MSDS

Graywolf

Graywolf

Better yet, read the MSDS and note the reasons that you don't want it in your body.

Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

If it's dichloromethane (DCM), there shouldn't be any residue left to get into your body since it is so very volatile. But, naturally people are going to shy away from it because it's a chlorinated hydrocarbon with much greater toxicity than butane. With proper precautions, using the right kind of gloves, doing it outdoors (to avoid fumes... DCM is non-flammable), it would probably be fine. I used to work with it all the time while making, uh, other kinds of things. Yeah, it's carcinogenic, but you'd probably have to wash your hands in it to have a risk. Sadly though, all the people who blow themselves up just using butane demonstrate that the average person can't safely handle hazardous solvents. So maybe it's better that it doesn't catch on as an extraction solvent for this purpose.

Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

(Sorry for consecutive posts... tried to edit my post above and the "Edit" button is now gone?)

It seems this is a hot topic. I found an article here --> http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2013/1...keting_by_non-flammable_solvent_maker_zho.php

Here's an interesting excerpt:

On Facebook, a similar debate is underway, with a video of another leaked can of ZHO appearing to show it to be a re-labeled can of compressed refrigerant, R-134a. Besides being harmful to the ozone layer, it didn't take people long to start digging into the internet to determine that if ZHO really is some Freon-like mixture, superheating it on a hot titanium nail can quite literally be deadly.

Man, if you thought DCM was bad... refrigerant?? Are they really still refusing to issue an MSDS? If so, they won't last long...

Top Bottom