Anyone Ever Get Trichs On A Rooted Clone?

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

so ive had a clone in my cloner for about 3-4 weeks. water was changed every 7 days with tap, 6.4ph, rapid start and a small air stone under 4' t8 about 1.5' above. ambient air temp is 77-79*, water temp 77-79*.

I up potted her about 5 days ago in ffof and is now in my veg area under a 4bulb t8 about 1' away. I noticed the other day she has trichs on some of her lower leaves. this cut was from a very healthy glue plant in veg. there were NO light issues (18/6 timer) and was directly next to 5 one month old seedlings under a timer with no light leaks or timer issues. in the 4 yrs of growing ive never had a clone throw some trichs.

there are no abnormal 1 - 3 finger leaves, ect.

Anyone ever get trichs on a rooted clone
shemshemet

shemshemet

I've got some freebie NL5xSkunk that has that issue. Just loves to preflower and trich up!
No answers from me, but a bump to see if we can figure something out.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Looks like it started to flower for whatever reason and is now "revegging". The calyx and new growth pattern are a dead give away. GG4 the cut? S1? Looks like it's walking it off, the trigger happened a month ago I'd guess.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

yeah, closer inspections looks like a reveg. but I don't see how it happened, shes been next to 15 other girls. and yes GG#4 (clone only, I don't mess with s1's). she is the only one who did this out of 20 cuttings/clones all taken the same time, under the same lamp, in the same cloner, same additives, same everything, transplanted same time, moved to veg tent under same light, same timer, same grow conditions.

im not sure if I wanna veg her out or bin it.

shemshemet

shemshemet

My buddies plant is also doing the same thing.

My guess is that it is a seasonal temperature drift? The plants are sensing a small drop in temperature over time and maybe triggering flowering?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

im in a very controlled growing environment. my temps never sway +/-3* light on or off, ever. ive taken well over 200 clones from GG#4 since I got the clone almost 2 yrs ago from a very reliable source. I don't keep a mom, but take clones from the best 3-4 plants i have in veg and only after hitting them with a feeding a few days prior. this is the only trich throwing clone. ive seen 1 or 2 others post up a trich throwing clone, but no one had any real notions about it.

shemshemet

shemshemet

Right but has both your high&low temp been coming down, even slighty? 1-2 degrees over the period of the last few weeks?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

nope, like I said, very controlled. almost lab like, but with out the biohazard specs. lol

I grow underground. nothing changes but the growth rate and date in my grow.

Toaster79

Toaster79

That plant started flowering and is reveging now. That's why you only see trichs on older leaves and new leaves are single fingered with no serrations. She'll get out of it pretty quick as she hasn't been flowering for too long and she'll start growing normaly again. Might loose two to three weeks.

Junk

Junk

Everything I was going to say you covered in your second paragraph. Then I read the thread & it seems everyone agrees with what I was thinking. I've revegged about 75 monster cropped clones, so I know what they look like. & that clone was triggered into flower somehow. It's plain as day. You may skip the monster cropping effect (plant just explodes with crazy growth) as I've noticed that the more regular the leaves look, the less likely for the crazy growth to happen.

I've also taken cuts from plants at the same time & had some of them monster, & others not. Same plant, same cuts...& usually how badly the leaf was mutated seemed to correlate.

But if I had to bet, it's going to monster on you. Not a bad thing if you just want more clones (I know someone who would take one =) If you planned on flowering it, I wouldn't. See my diary below. The plants just do not stop growing. They are hard to control.

So, you may have to wait a few weeks to get to it, but when you do, you'll have a ton of clones. If you intend to reveg & flower that clone...get ready for some non stop growth. I'm doing rain dances down stairs, not for it to rain, but for my plants to stop growing larger/taller. & I've run every plant in there multiple times. I know what they do...this is abnormal.

It may sound like a good thing, just crazy non stop growth, but it's not. You run out of space eventually.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

ill just bin it. I have plenty of other glue clones that didn't reveg on me, and I don't want to donate something im not 100% comfortable with. grower with a conscience I guess.

shes throwing 3 finger leaves now on the top when I looked last night.

Top Bottom