anyone ever grown kandy kush autos

• Thread starter maddox420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maddox420

maddox420

I got 3 kandy kush autos about 17 days old these are the first autos I've ever grown anyone ever grown these or heard anything about them

S

Seraphim19

I haven't grown Kandy Kush personally but I have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to autos, so if you would like any help or advice with your grow I am happy to pass on my knowledge. Autos have to be treated differently to photo period plants and I am happy to give you all the info you need if you want the help.

I hope you get some good results

maddox420

maddox420

He'll yea buddy ive only got 2 indoor grows under my belt which turned out great but still have a lot of unanswered questions How do autos need to be treated differently than photos I got them on a 20/4 light schedule in 3 gallon pots with bcuzz coco prolly 30 % perlite using H&G full line aqua flakes

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

I've grown the regular Kandy Kush...nice girl...it's been some time ago...I'll find ya a photo if ya want...just finished a gifted Sweet Mango fem auto...not bad at all for my first...good smell/taste...nice punch...surprised me...I vegged it with my normal girls at 18/6 and finished it 12/12...nothing fantastic on yield...but still punchy daytime stuff...the Kandy Kush regulars were a good 8 overall...good luck...B

S

Seraphim19

There are a lot of things that need to be done differently to maximise the potential of autoflowering plants.
Everthing from nutrients to lighting and a whole lot more besides.

the light cycle you are using is the same one I use. I have found that 20/4 gives me the best results.
3 gallon pots are a good size for autos. I would say a minimum of an 8l/2 gallon pot is needed to get a decent yield but once you go over 5 gallons you will just be wasting space as the roots will not fully utilise the space in their short lifecycle.

There is so much to share I am a bit confused as to where to start. Because I have been teaching MS patients how to provide themselves with meds for the past few years I have written a book on the subject so I think the best way to do this is to post up a few exerts from my book to help out and explain things.

I have just started a thread called Accurate info about autos keep an eye on that thread as over the next week I will be putting up a full rundown of autos

out of interest what kind of lights are you using?

I will be back shortly so I can give you some basic info like nutrient schedules and explain the lifecycle of autos.

maddox420

maddox420

Their 25 days old their under a t5 4" 8 bulb I was planing on flowering under them I also have a 600 hps but I wanna try the t5 ive been giving them 600 ppm every 4 days their extremely short maybe 10 inches and really wide ive been LST they but the stems are so fat I can only bend I little every day

S

Seraphim19

you could flower under the t5s but if I were you I would change over to the hps as autos are very responsive to different light spectrums.

I always advise that for the veg period you should white/blue light as this will give you nearly double the growth of a yellow/red light

For the flowering period red/yellow light will increase the size strength and overall quality of the bud.

Here is a nutrient schedule I use for autos. I know these are not the nutrients you are using but I thought I would post this to help you understand the lifecycle of an auto a little better.
Bio bizz feeding shedule

Autos are very sensitive to nutrients so I always advise to start with half the normal/recommended dosage and then slowly increase the dosage until you find the right level of fertilisation for the strain.

Autos also have a need for root stimulation in most cases, this comes from the short veg cycle, so root stimulator in the early days will also massively increase your yield(in most cases)

I will be back with more soon I hope I am helping.

maddox420

maddox420

They started flowering about a week ago when should I start bloom nutes

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

A good rule to follow is, start bloom nutes when the vertical stretch has stopped, though I start them right around where you are now with no problems at all. Just start slowly and increase as she allows.

I'm hearing very good things about this strain, sounds like a great smoke :)

Peace

maddox420

maddox420

That's what ive always thought im using house and garden it doesnt call for any bloom nutes until week to but I been thinking about using liquid kook bloom with h&g I like the plants so far extremely leafy and compact great branching alright got a good smell

Timmyahcomeon

Timmyahcomeon

i grew out the auto seeds kandy kush in 3 gal smart pots with happy frog in my patio with some big bloom and molasses in flower got about an 25 grams or so off each smoke was tasty but not to potent but grew to be about 3 feet tall campared to the diesel berry rider that got about 12 inches or so and was okay but nothing stellar good luck with em

Latest posts

Top Bottom