anyone ever grown soiless with vermiculite

• Thread starter bluegrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fuzzy

Hempy

3 parts per. 1 part ver.A hole in your plastic bucket 2 in. from the bottom.Feed with nutes every 2 to 3 days with plenty runoff. ps.Check ph of water before mixing nutes. around 6.0 peace& happy growing,Fuzzy:nod

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

promix bx i use. has vermiculite and perlite in it. i add about 10% extra of each. excellent results so far.

Pro-mix is awesome stuff but I'm finding it messy as my plant numbers gro. Thats why I'm leaning towards coco or a mix like this one.

T

tenacious

Supporter
i do not incl. it in my mix any longer b/c it holds to much water & tends to become slimey after a while. i have found coir to be a beter water holder.

L

Limeygreen

I have been wondering if you can grow in verm for hydro for a while, I don't think it would work for pots I imagine the roots would rot. Anyone have any expierence with this for hydro though?

P

Potorlando

Verm works, but kinda messy. Perlite is a but bigger for use in netpots for bubble ponics and such.

R

ReelBusy1

hmm good ? i never tried, my clone setup is rockwool ontop of verm. so i would think it would work. im sure someone on here has tried.

Hey tanker,
i've heard about people cloning with vermiculite....how does that work with or without your rockwool?

F

fireindaeyes

I agree with guano. It's works well to mix it 50/50 with perlite. Verm is good for holding water, perlite is great for the oxygen.:anim_52:

U

uefear

I agree with guano. It's works well to mix it 50/50 with perlite. Verm is good for holding water, perlite is great for the oxygen.:anim_52:

I thought perlite was good for water retention and vermiculite was good for oxygen ?

B

been

Perlite on it's own holds a lot of water. I've been going strong with it for a few months now. The ultimate system for me would have to be an automated Hempy in those 10 gallon Rubbermaid trashcans. :sun

B

booms

can you clean and reuse perlite/vermiculite? would get expensive to buy every cycle.

B

been

can you clean and reuse perlite/vermiculite? would get expensive to buy every cycle.

Perlite floats; it should be very easy to clean. I don't know about vermiculite though. It can't be any harder than soil.

R

ReelBusy1

Not expensive at all.

a bag of perlite at my local nursery costs $2.99 and is perfect for one batch of soil mix for me.

S

StonedOwl

I'm thinking of using smooth river gravel in my upcoming hydroponic adventure. (sterilized of course) That should work right? I think I read that it would work somewhere........memory is a tricky thing while stoned.

Nitropath

Nitropath

Can plain vermiculite be used for a soiless mix? has anyone ever done it, what the general consensus about growing in straight verm. It seems like it would hold water and oxygen very well, maybe too well???
I've had three successful runs in a 50/50 vermiculite, perlite mix. but straight vermiculite would stay too wet. The perlite evens it out. One for air, one for water.

Top Bottom