Anyone ever heard of the company BISON SOIL??

• Thread starter Mr.Metal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

I just heard about this company from a friend of mine, he does some organic gardening as well but he stays with the vegetables. He turned me onto this and said check em out, OMRI listed CLEAN GREEN CERTIFIED and CDFA registered as well. They've got a GROW a BLOOM and a compost soil. Anyone have any experience, or ever heard of these products before?? Here's a link to their site.

Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Haha right?? I wonder what theyre eating that makes their poo soo magical lol.. Did you contact the company directly or did you come across a rep at a shop or expo or something??

M

maxwell murder

my girlfriend brought home a sample of the compost, buffalo shit, kelp and mycos. the container is pretty cool- it's a tin can with latching plastic lid. it doesn't smell like buffalo shit tho , it's smells nice.:D

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I've been making teas with the 'bloom' compost... seems to make some tasty tea.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Yeah, I've yet to see the stuff for sale- just grabbed a couple from the free pile... fifty bucks is out of my range for compost

B

bisonsoil

Obviously we're biased - but here are our thoughts to these posts -

As far as compost goes - we believe our compost alone is leaps and bounds above other compost because of the Bison. They digest food much differently than beef and take a much lower protein diet than cattle. (We're in the heart of beef country here and are fans of cattle - just bigger fans of our compost.)

As far as being pricey - we've spend 15 years perfecting the recipe and aging the compost. With the other ingredients added in (diatomaceous earth, green sand, biochar, dolomite lime, kelp meal, and other ingredients) We also package in our organic non-gmo nitrogen into a 5lb bucket. We also have a non-gmo molasses that we sell that is incredibly cheap and when you are making tea - it's a damn home run.

From the ph levels of the soil, to the amount of time we've been able to take out of grow and bloom cycles, to the higher margins our test growers have been able to sell their product for - (realizing that's not applicable to all states) We actually think 49.99 is a deal.

You are eliminating the amount of products you buy, the time you grow, the water you use, and theoretically increasing the price at the end.

All that being said, proof is in the pudding and we won't force our stuff on you ever :)

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

As far as compost goes - we believe our compost alone is leaps and bounds above other compost because of the Bison. They digest food much differently than beef and take a much lower protein diet than cattle. (We're in the heart of beef country here and are fans of cattle - just bigger fans of our compost.)

As far as being pricey - we've spend 15 years perfecting the recipe and aging the compost. With the other ingredients added in (diatomaceous earth, green sand, biochar, dolomite lime, kelp meal, and other ingredients) We also package in our organic non-gmo nitrogen into a 5lb bucket. We also have a non-gmo molasses that we sell that is incredibly cheap and when you are making tea - it's a damn home run.

From the ph levels of the soil, to the amount of time we've been able to take out of grow and bloom cycles, to the higher margins our test growers have been able to sell their product for - (realizing that's not applicable to all states) We actually think 49.99 is a deal.

You are eliminating the amount of products you buy, the time you grow, the water you use, and theoretically increasing the price at the end.

All that being said, proof is in the pudding and we won't force our stuff on you ever :)

though you may be correct in saying that the bison digest differently and such....but ive watched informative documentaries that talk about compost, one think they kept saying, "The smaller the bug, the better the compost"

though you may have something unique...in no way is it worth more that 10X the amount of regular compost i get localy...plus shipping might i add

i dont think your looking at the outside picture...yes is takes time to make, and quality ingredients need to be added for a quality compost..however, supply and demand play a huge role, and no way the demand is out weighing the supply enough to force you to charge that much...

no offense...but imo, you seem you be one of the many companies out there, that think they can take a product and sell it to MJ farmers thinking "its ok, they make enough $ and are willing to spend without doing any actual research"...dont get me wrong, you may not be, but from the price your selling this product, sounds to me like your selling rebranded/repackaged product at a much higher rate to ppl you think will blindly pay for it.

companies that do this are a dime a dozen, its the same as in the gold rush, ppl selling axes and shovels were making more $ than the gold miners...in 1870 california, a shovel was worth 8$...in 1955 my dad worked picking tobacco here in canada working a 80 hour week he would make just under 10$ to give an example..

to get my business...and most any other SMART farmer...you need to have a QUALITY product at a COMPETITIVE price...paying more for a product means it cuts into a farmers budget, so if it cant produce MORE, then its not worth extra $...let alone 10X the price of other similar products..fancy container or not..

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter

I'm sooooooooo Glad your Company came onto the farm to Hype its product:) , You just confirmed what I have been posting for over a year, about How all theses companies are coming onto the Farm and trying to hyper their gear, I still think Big Mike still takes the Gold for most user accounts....:p

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
though you may be correct in saying that the bison digest differently and such....but ive watched informative documentaries that talk about compost, one think they kept saying, "The smaller the bug, the better the compost"

though you may have something unique...in no way is it worth more that 10X the amount of regular compost i get localy...plus shipping might i add

i dont think your looking at the outside picture...yes is takes time to make, and quality ingredients need to be added for a quality compost..however, supply and demand play a huge role, and no way the demand is out weighing the supply enough to force you to charge that much...

no offense...but imo, you seem you be one of the many companies out there, that think they can take a product and sell it to MJ farmers thinking "its ok, they make enough $ and are willing to spend without doing any actual research"...dont get me wrong, you may not be, but from the price your selling this product, sounds to me like your selling rebranded/repackaged product at a much higher rate to ppl you think will blindly pay for it.

companies that do this are a dime a dozen, its the same as in the gold rush, ppl selling axes and shovels were making more $ than the gold miners...in 1870 california, a shovel was worth 8$...in 1955 my dad worked picking tobacco here in canada working a 80 hour week he would make just under 10$ to give an example..

to get my business...and most any other SMART farmer...you need to have a QUALITY product at a COMPETITIVE price...paying more for a product means it cuts into a farmers budget, so if it cant produce MORE, then its not worth extra $...let alone 10X the price of other similar products..fancy container or not..
Right on Bro, speaking the Truth^^^^^^^ I love it ......:cigar:

B

bisonsoil

I feel at this time I'm just prolonging a non-winnable argument here - but some points -

I only posted because somebody asked about us, and we're interested in actual user feedback, both good and bad - but from people who are interested in more than just tearing down.
We're far from carpet baggers - our only advertised market is the 215 and similar industry. We've been in Humboldt for over 6 years doing research and test grows with actual growers and groups like Humboldt Botanical Gardens. Our product costs the same in Ace Hardware in South Dakota (where we are far from cool with MJ laws) as it does in Dazey's in CA. We're ALL about research - in fact this product isn't for those who don't do the research, really...

Joe and Oscar - If you'll scroll up you'll notice that in Sept somebody posted and not until Jan did I ask if anybody has had success. We're not on 400 threads telling anybody to only use our product and how we're the new magic bullet. We offer an organic solution and we also understand if that solution isn't for you. We're not looking for a message board flame war, sorry friends.

There's only one account and we're not on 300 boards trying to spam. This board popped up on a google search. We've been here for a while and we plan to be here for a while. I don't expect anybody to read this thread and buy a million buckets - but we're not expecting a flame war on every post either. It's cool if this isn't your bag and it's cool if it s.

Thanks for reading! Have a killer night!

grayarea

grayarea

i like using ground bison for breakfast burritos stuff is addicting for some reason.. bison soil sounds interesting ...

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I feel at this time I'm just prolonging a non-winnable argument here - but some points -

I only posted because somebody asked about us, and we're interested in actual user feedback, both good and bad - but from people who are interested in more than just tearing down.
We're far from carpet baggers - our only advertised market is the 215 and similar industry. We've been in Humboldt for over 6 years doing research and test grows with actual growers and groups like Humboldt Botanical Gardens. Our product costs the same in Ace Hardware in South Dakota (where we are far from cool with MJ laws) as it does in Dazey's in CA. We're ALL about research - in fact this product isn't for those who don't do the research, really...

Joe and Oscar - If you'll scroll up you'll notice that in Sept somebody posted and not until Jan did I ask if anybody has had success. We're not on 400 threads telling anybody to only use our product and how we're the new magic bullet. We offer an organic solution and we also understand if that solution isn't for you. We're not looking for a message board flame war, sorry friends.

There's only one account and we're not on 300 boards trying to spam. This board popped up on a google search. We've been here for a while and we plan to be here for a while. I don't expect anybody to read this thread and buy a million buckets - but we're not expecting a flame war on every post either. It's cool if this isn't your bag and it's cool if it s.

Thanks for reading! Have a killer night!

im not arguing the quality of your product, just the price
sorry if it sounds like a flame war...i guess i just get upset when i see ppl charging WAY too much...you seem like a nice guy...but as you say, your only advertised market is the 215, meaning cali medical...so its like taking advantage from the medical community....its like if i go to ethiopia and open a mcdonalds and charge 35$ for a big mac and 50$ for a trio...

for those interested in making their own soil mixes, i have a thread thats a sticky over at icmag, dont need to be a member to view it...its called list of different soil mixes, i believe theres just over 100 different soil mixes to choose from or customize yourself...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4851742#post4851742

this thread doesnt even go into 10% of info about soil making, just basics, but its a great start...ppl just need to stop over paying for something they can do themselves...

the bison soil can be made at home(replace bison compost with a variety of different composts) for less than 10$ for "5lbs"...

all that said, i would definitely buy your product if it was competitively priced amongst other soil/compost bags of same/similar size

Last edited:
venial

venial

hay tried bison soil on my girls as a top dressing, not sure if there's results yet but i'm sure it can't hurt them, i'm the type of guy who also is top dressing with earth juice and roots organics also so i guess there's no real way to tell but their molasses was given to me as a sample when i purchased 10lbs of their bloom compost for only 50$, it was an offer I got from big daddy's in ukiah. @bisonsoil can you explain to me what is the best way use it? any advice would be appreciated! thanks ! your molasses kicks ass for sure

B

bisonsoil

Hi Venial. Thanks for the post. Not sure on the rules of this forum so I want to be mindful of overstepping on selling the product, etc..

But - The best way to use the Bloom/Grow is as a tea, in my opinion. Our growers in CA/CO (not just 215) are telling us that brewing tea makes it well worth the cost.
Same goes for our Organic Nitrogen and Non-GMO Molasses. Tea them (I tea the molasses/compost then make a separate N tea)

If you are outdoor - then amend @ 1/3 cup / gallon, then feed as a tea.

You can tea with .5 cup / gallon. Keep your water above 59 degrees. aerate for 24 hours and feed feed feed.

Glad you are digging the molasses. We're having so much luck with that, and our nitrogen. Launching a new BioChar as well which is going to be huge.

Thanks again and happy growing my friends!

venial

venial

well i have already used it as a top dressing and mixed it with my other top dressings such as roots organic uprising and both bat and bird guano as well as primal harvest from earth juice and worm castings, hopefully it's equally as effective!

Top Bottom