Anyone Ever Keep A Bonsai Cannabis Plant???

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Pretty straight foward. I have always admired and respected the art of Bonsai. The inherent beauty with a master is sometihng to behold. My question is has anyone among us has ever Bonsai trained a cannabis plant just for the sake of doing it and kept it in perpetual veg???

Would love to see some pics if anyone has any. I know some of you will say mainlining and lst super cropping is sort of a form of Bonsai and I would agree somewhat, but what I am hoping to find is the end product of someone who has done this with a cannabis plant for a few or more years. Something along these lines.

http://www.bonsaiempire.com/images/advanced/weed/cannabis-bonsai.jpg

Peace

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Pretty straight foward. I have always admired and respected the art of Bonsai. The inherent beauty with a master is sometihng to behold. My question is has anyone among us has ever Bonsai trained a cannabis plant just for the sake of doing it and kept it in perpetual veg???

Would love to see some pics if anyone has any. I know some of you will say mainlining and lst super cropping is sort of a form of Bonsai and I would agree somewhat, but what I am hoping to find is the end product of someone who has done this with a cannabis plant for a few or more years. Something along these lines.

http://www.bonsaiempire.com/images/advanced/weed/cannabis-bonsai.jpg

Peace

Bump

Toaster79

Toaster79

One like this?:

20150328 135222
20150408 231837

Together with the pot under 1'

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Interesting if you got the time, I was addicted to bonzai two yaers ago, I must have bought 25 different bonzais and lost them all! Very dissapointin get I should have bought 1 or 2 and took care of them :cool:

xavier7995

xavier7995

I really like this as an idea. The gardening aspect of growing weed is really relaxing for me. Seems like you could LST it into whatever base shape you want and go from there. I wonder what sort of lighting would work best?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I have my original Nyvia II plant that is currently undergoing the second wire tie and shaping
Yes I love the idea and I started to form a traditional bent S. she has been cut back to the base and only the main stock
and a few nodes off of her are showing signs of life.
I will post her pictures in a week or so.
she is not looking to pretty at the moment.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

She was in flower and once she was harvested I couldn't see getting rid of her. She was my 1st so I have
what I started with here she is right before the harvest and like I said she is pretty rough right now but I will post a few of her later.
B 3

This is what I started with for reference.
Peace FlyJ

xavier7995

xavier7995

One of my first indoor grows was in a much to small cabinet so I learned LST rather quickly, managed to get one of them to twist into a loop and ever since i just thought it was neat to shape and train plants. Once I find something I want to keep around bonsi seems like a nice hobby rather than it just sitting there.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Back in about '85 I had a friend of a friend who grew in his backyard.
In his study under an oldschool grow bulb was a marijuana bonzai.
It had tiny leaves, tiny. And it was shaped perfectly round about the size of a basketball. It had a 6-8 inch exposed wood trunk. He said it was accomplished by trimming the length of every single leaf from seedling as soon as it gets longer than a cm. Soon the plant learns not to grow long leaves and will "dwarf".
I was a teen. But a very weed savy one.. Its not beyond belief I was tricked or lied too about what it really was, but that plant had preflowers, and perfect tiny weed leaves. .. So I believe it. And this guy was a serious greenthumb.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Alright man. I got a rooted clone thats far behind the others. Im gonna do my best to bust the bonzai just for you @jumpincactus pictures pending

Quick question. Does it have to be in a super tiny pot like the original photo? If so i think coco will work lol. Got some layin around too if thats what its coming to. This is happening.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

The art of Bonsai is slow Very Slow I need to be very Patient and it takes time
I have been working on mine about a year just to keep the main stock going.
I have tried on two other Re vegged Ladies but when I get to the Roots t always falls short.
I know You have to start with a seed... The tap root is the key and the pant must meture to full cycle Once
taken to flower with a bunch of LST cropping TWISTING BENDIN
then taken back to veg.
IMO anyway then the real trimming can be done.
this could be a cool secondary what if with the MoM keeper Genetics
who knows its just something to play with.
FlyJ

xavier7995

xavier7995

Re-vegged plants seems like a great way to go what with the tree-esque bases they develop. I need to read up more on it, revegging was never that appealing to me, on the surface, but this would be an excellent reason to use it. It seems like it would almost be too easy with a fresh supple plant.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Alright man. I got a rooted clone thats far behind the others. Im gonna do my best to bust the bonzai just for you @jumpincactus pictures pending

Quick question. Does it have to be in a super tiny pot like the original photo? If so i think coco will work lol. Got some layin around too if thats what its coming to. This is happening.
I'm inclined to think that the pot size is a critical part of keeping the plant smaller structured. Same reasoning of the bigger the root the bigger the fruit. Most bonsai plants I have seen are kept in small shallow pots.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I'm inclined to think that the pot size is a critical part of keeping the plant smaller structured. Same reasoning of the bigger the root the bigger the fruit. Most bonsai plants I have seen are kept in small shallow pots.

Thats why i think coco will work.
This plant is a ghost og reveg. Itll look better soon. I just started it. What else should i try? I was thinking silica to thicken up the stem

Latest posts

Top Bottom